Is there a role for Tyler Kroft on the Bills?

I personally like what I saw from croom last year so I'd be good with him and knox getting all the time personally.  Is croom eligible to be active now?

28 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I don’t think Croom is on the team anymore???

He was ir'd and eligible to return. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there a role for a TE in the Bills offense? There hasn’t been such a role for the last 40 years. Why start now? We’ve been doing just fine playing with 10 men! 

Obviously you are exaggerating to try to make impact since K-Gun was NOT named after Kelly but the TE Keith McKeller but it does the opposite and makes people dismiss it as foolish.

As my debate teacher taught me: exaggeration is a tool of those unprepared in battle of wits.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Kroft is a pretty well rounded TE.  That means he can block and he can catch the ball.  He's not the blocker that Lee Smith is supposed to be, but then Lee Smith has had a ton of penalties.  In the near term, I would probably give Kroft some of the reps that Lee Smith has been getting to see if he can block well enough AND cut down some on the penalties Buffalo has been giving up with Smith.  Long term, I don't see any particular reason to keep him longer than his contract creates an uncomfortable dead cap burden.

How many penalties per ton?  Are you counting the ones where zebras were blind and are you one who complains about them as well?

41iGLYoSFZL.jpg

Kroft is decent when healthy, however, I think Knox is already better and had a much higher ceiling.

Right now I would be dressing Knox, Kroft and Sweeney.  

Seen enough of Lee Smith, when we need a “big blocking set” put out Sweeney or another tackle or both. 

Next year I bring in another TE and move on from Kroft.  Knox’s development and Kroft’s injuries make him way overpaid for his contribution.  

45 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Only if one of them is lined up inline wearing an eligible number between 84 and 86.

I think that rule is negated by the Pegulas owning two sports franchises in the same city, but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

I want to see more Sweeney. Knox clearly looks like a potentially elite player if he does what he’s supposed to do. Lee Smith should be the designated blocking TE but truthfully by the start of next year I feel Fort Knox will be such a powerhouse that the other guys just won’t matter. 

It's Hard Knocks, geeez I have to fix everything around here

• Haha (+1) 1

Hell yes.  They should be in double TE set most of the game with Knox and Kroft. Bench Lee Smith.  From that grouping they can line up in almost any formation they want. They can split out either TE, they can go 5 wide with Singletary split out. They can still go deep with Brown and run all kinds of pick and combo routes underneath.

I wanted Jesse James from Pittsburgh in FA and of course I wanted Hockenson or Fant instead of Oliver.  But Kroft can be capable and Knox looks like he could be a beast.

I really don't understand the salary cap comments. The Bills will be in top 5 teams with cap money to spend.  Lawson will be coming off the books. They have no one to pay.  They are set to target one or two big time fee agents (OLB and DE) and still have a net loss of players.  

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I like him but he has had a problem staying healthy and Knox has a similar skillset but a higher ceiling. I think he just lost out being hurt. Very much at risk of being cut after the season. 

at this point, i have to agree with his trajectory.
Did not give up hope for him to turn it up a bit yet still.
Love TEs to a fault. need Josh to feel the same  : )

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WAY too much yellow IMO...agree......

Had 4 in one game!!!

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

at this point, i have to agree with his trajectory.
Did not give up hope for him to turn it up a bit yet still.
Love TEs to a fault. need Josh to feel the same  : )

I wanna see Knox run some seam routes!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

with a Dodge shadow and Red Green ? you cannot lose !

Dodge shadows are the cars of Greek Gods.

and never was fan of the Kroft signing.  He had one decent year.  Hopefully, we move after the year since Knox has shown himself to be a player. We should still be looking to upgrade and run more 2 TE sets.

its weird how behind the times the Bills are.  Most good qbs have a good TE.  They are matchup nightmares. But nah, we’re good with Derek Fine.