Now is the time to stop playing not to lose!!!

PUNT750

The strategy worked early in the season.  A great way to try to stumble into the play-offs.

Are the play-offs a viable goal if the team can't beat .500 or lesser teams during the season? 

Turn Josh, Knox and Singletary loose!  Run the hurry up!   Have some fun with this team!

The Bills may be trading a one and done playoff appearance this year for a quarterback developing:

- A more refined ability to read defenses

- Some self preservation skills

- A reduction in "idiotic" plays

- More consistent mechanics

- Better sense of line of scrimmage calls

Not sure its time to take the reins off...taking the reins off likely results in more hits like the NE game.

Just speculating...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JoeF said:

The Bills may be trading a one and done playoff appearance this year for a quarterback developing:

- A more refined ability to read defenses

- Some self preservation skills

- A reduction in "idiotic" plays

- More consistent mechanics

- Better sense of line of scrimmage calls

Not sure its time to take the reins off...taking the reins off likely results in more hits like the NE game.

Just speculating...

But I don't know if he can learn to release the ball quicker.  Reaction really isn't something that can be taught. 

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

Implying McD and Daboll held back and winning wasn't necessarily their priority is ridiculous.

I didn't imply anything like that????  Now is the time to get aggressive.

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

.....wasn't referring to you Fearless.

So you think Josh hasn’t been told to stay in the ***** pocket on non-RPO plays and designed QB runs this year and you feel that is our best chance to win?  If so I disagree with you... 

4 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

The strategy worked early in the season.  A great way to try to stumble into the play-offs.

Are the play-offs a viable goal if the team can't beat .500 or lesser teams during the season? 

Turn Josh, Knox and Singletary loose!  Run the hurry up!   Have some fun with this team!

when at this point in his growth,  your QB can't hit a 15 yard throw to a wide open WR on a simple in route, and has the ball stripped by the defense every third run, "turning him loose" is probably seen by the coaching staff as a really bad idea.  Defenses know this, so they stack the run (taking Singletary away) pre snap as the Browns did and force Allen to throw it (he is not consistently accurate, taking Knox away) .  So until and if Josh can be a consistent threat throwing the ball, this offense will face 8 in the box and the run game will largely be unreliable.   Defenses are forcing Josh to be the offense and he is just not there yet.   Hopefully he gets there.