Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PUNT750

Now is the time to stop playing not to lose!!!

Recommended Posts

The strategy worked early in the season.  A great way to try to stumble into the play-offs.

Are the play-offs a viable goal if the team can't beat .500 or lesser teams during the season? 

Turn Josh, Knox and Singletary loose!  Run the hurry up!   Have some fun with this team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they've already been trying their best to score as many points as possible.

 

I think they have been. They just haven't put all the pieces together yet.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think about 16 or 17 years ago, someone posted something about "fearless."  

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills may be trading a one and done playoff appearance this year for a quarterback developing:

 

- A more refined ability to read defenses

- Some self preservation skills

- A reduction in "idiotic" plays

- More consistent mechanics

- Better sense of line of scrimmage calls

 

Not sure its time to take the reins off...taking the reins off likely results in more hits like the NE game.

 

Just speculating...

 

 

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

∆Implying McD and Daboll held back and winning wasn't necessarily their priority is ridiculous.∆

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JoeF said:

The Bills may be trading a one and done playoff appearance this year for a quarterback developing:

 

- A more refined ability to read defenses

- Some self preservation skills

- A reduction in "idiotic" plays

- More consistent mechanics

- Better sense of line of scrimmage calls

 

Not sure its time to take the reins off...taking the reins off likely results in more hits like the NE game.

 

Just speculating...

 

 

But I don't know if he can learn to release the ball quicker.  Reaction really isn't something that can be taught. 

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

Implying McD and Daboll held back and winning wasn't necessarily their priority is ridiculous.

I didn't imply anything like that????  Now is the time to get aggressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

I didn't imply anything like that???? 

.....wasn't referring to you Fearless.

Edited by I am the egg man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy post rando thoughts day to you too!! 

Fwiw, there wasnt a 'DUH' rep point/button/emoji 

Edited by gobills1212

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

.....wasn't referring to you Fearless.

So you think Josh hasn’t been told to stay in the ***** pocket on non-RPO plays and designed QB runs this year and you feel that is our best chance to win?  If so I disagree with you... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh is still learning. That's all I know, but believe every game McD & Daboll are trying to win.

 

They're not trying to kindergarten Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dickering around like that on the last drive and praying that a long FG ties the game is the perfect definition of playing to lose

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

The strategy worked early in the season.  A great way to try to stumble into the play-offs.

Are the play-offs a viable goal if the team can't beat .500 or lesser teams during the season? 

Turn Josh, Knox and Singletary loose!  Run the hurry up!   Have some fun with this team!

when at this point in his growth,  your QB can't hit a 15 yard throw to a wide open WR on a simple in route, and has the ball stripped by the defense every third run, "turning him loose" is probably seen by the coaching staff as a really bad idea.  Defenses know this, so they stack the run (taking Singletary away) pre snap as the Browns did and force Allen to throw it (he is not consistently accurate, taking Knox away) .  So until and if Josh can be a consistent threat throwing the ball, this offense will face 8 in the box and the run game will largely be unreliable.   Defenses are forcing Josh to be the offense and he is just not there yet.   Hopefully he gets there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is splitting hairs but every time I hear Sean say ‘we want to score points’ , I wish he would say ‘score touchdowns’. Most likely this is a reaction by me from the last games finally drive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...