2019 Heisman Trophy

YoloinOhio

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

No way you take a guy who will get you 10+ sacks when your offense is a disaster.   

You take a guy like Chance (or any Bosa) AFTER you have a QB.  Otherwise all he’s going to do is rack up personal stats....zero extra wins.

Oh, Burrow goes 1. I’m not sure if I said something different a month ago but that’s easy. Young is the best prospect, Burrow is the 1st pick

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh, Burrow goes 1. I’m not sure if I said something different a month ago but that’s easy. Young is the best prospect, Burrow is the 1st pick

Burrows is the value move by far.  Look at the Raiders.  Mack’s only value came to them on the day they traded him

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2019 at 7:17 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Chalk one up for the transfer portal 

as it should be, no need for great players to sit on the bench .

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would have been nice to see that on sports center, all they had was and the winner is Joe Burrow and in golf tiger woods ...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

as it should be, no need for great players to sit on the bench .

Would have been nice to see that on sports center, all they had was and the winner is Joe Burrow and in golf tiger woods ...

The way he brought up the poverty issue in SE Ohio was important and unexpected. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bengals are going to get a great one in Burrow.  He is pro ready IMO and should start from day 1. 

His athleticism will enable him to survive the Bengals bad O-line his rookie year.  My guess is that while Cincy will trade Dalton they'll hold on to Green who combined with Boyd will give the Bengal's a potent one two punch in their passing  game.  Burrow will be able to get them the ball as they resemble his WR's at LSU. 

Mike Brown (Bengal's owner) also desperately needs to put butts in seats and a Heisman trophy winner can do that.

41 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bengals are going to get a great one in Burrow.  He is pro ready IMO and should start from day 1. 

His athleticism will enable him to survive the Bengals bad O-line his rookie year.  My guess is that while Cincy will trade Dalton they'll hold on to Green who combined with Boyd will give the Bengal's a potent one two punch in their passing  game.  Burrow will be able to get them the ball as they resemble his WR's at LSU. 

Mike Brown (Bengal's owner) also desperately needs to put butts in seats and a Heisman trophy winner can do that.

He seems like a good fit for Zac Taylor offense too

5 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Did I hear he was All-State in basketball too? I heard something like that (I think) in passing. I like guys who are more than one sport wonders, they are athletes! 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did I hear he was All-State in basketball too? I heard something like that (I think) in passing. I like guys who are more than one sport wonders, they are athletes! 

It’s true, in fact, one reason he started out behind Haskins on the depth chart was because he was committed to play his senior year of b-ball in HS.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s true, in fact, one reason he started out behind Haskins on the depth chart was because he was committed to play his senior year of b-ball in HS.

WOW! That’s serious commitment on a high level. It could have been life altering (in the long term, not just the short term), so I like that it’s worked out for him. Have to love someone with that confidence. 

As a senior in HS my son went straight from football to soccer. He’d been the starting PG for a couple years, but the coach was a serious jerk so he stiffed him and went to soccer without warning. (Wasn’t thrilled about the no warning part, but there were time I wanted to crush the coach like a bug.)

A couple years later he wins coach of the year and says the kids finally started to buy into his program. No mention of the kid who went on to spend a few years in the NBA. That just might have been a factor......

Edited by Augie

Just now, Augie said:

WOW! That’s serious commitment on a high level. It could have been life altering (in the long term, not just the short term), so I like that it’s worked out for him. Have to love someone with that confidence. 

I saw him play on the state championship vs Toledo central catholic in the snow. It is still the best Hs game I’ve ever seen. He threw for 6 TDs and 446 and it was their only loss of the season - 56-52 with 10 lead changes. He called it “the worst day of his life” that night because they lost. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw him play on the state championship vs Toledo central catholic in the snow. It is still the best Hs game I’ve ever seen. He threw for 6 TDs and 446 and it was their only loss of the season - 56-52 with 10 lead changes. He called it “the worst day of his life” that night because they lost. 

His mistake was throwing for more than 300 yards. We all know how THAT turns out!   

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Way to go, Joe 

Haskins is starting to show that he can play in this league. The last couple of games demonstrated some good progression. He still has a long way to go but the tools are there. His biggest obstacle is that he is playing for an unstable organization. If the reviled owner can hire the right GM and coach then maybe this pathetic franchise can in the near term become respectable. And by the way Terry McClauren, the rookie receiver from Ohio State drafted in the third round is terrific!

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Haskins is starting to show that he can play in this league. The last couple of games demonstrated some good progression. He still has a long way to go but the tools are there. His biggest obstacle is that he is playing for an unstable organization. If the reviled owner can hire the right GM and coach then maybe this pathetic franchise can in the near term become respectable. And by the way Terry McClauren, the rookie receiver from Ohio State drafted in the third round is terrific!

I *really* wanted the bills to draft McLaurin. He’s such a McDermott type player too. Haskins is gifted and smart but he’s raw. His success will depend on who gets that HC/OC job and whether they can put an OL in front of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.