I Don’t Have Time for a Cold!

It’s that time of year.  Cold and flu season.  And working in schools, I am constantly exposed to every bug/cold/flu that comes through.  Nasty little buggers....those kids.

Anyway, I have a cold.  Sinus infection and cough with no chest congestion.  I want to kick this thing’s ass this weekend.  Started on Zicam every 3 hours as soon as I felt a sniffle, taking Mucinex to manage the symptoms, and drinking tons of water.

Any other suggestions that would help me knock this thing out by Monday morning?  I have a lot to do next week, and I don’t want to still be sickly.  

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Purell is your friend and a face mask ? 

I bathe in Purell all day long brah.

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Straight fluids and vitamin C. I'm no expert and lead a fairly ***** lifestyle,  but haven't really had an illness in 3 + years.  I think my kids bring home many germs and the body builds a natural force field. 

I need to remember to take my multivitamin tonight.

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

giphy.gif

And the whiskey helps with sniffle issues, too. “The alcohol dilates blood vessels a little bit, and that makes it easier for your mucus membranes to deal with the infection,” Dr. William Schaffner, chair of preventive medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told ABC News.

Got it.  Drink a bottle of Jack ?

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Got it.  Drink a bottle of Jack ?

Apparently a Hot Toddy is what you are supposed to have, but I just do a shot (or 3) of whiskey and have tea with honey periodoically - no need to ruin the bourbon/whiskey/scotch

38 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It’s that time of year.  Cold and flu season.  And working in schools, I am constantly exposed to every bug/cold/flu that comes through.  Nasty little buggers....those kids.

Anyway, I have a cold.  Sinus infection and cough with no chest congestion.  I want to kick this thing’s ass this weekend.  Started on Zicam every 3 hours as soon as I felt a sniffle, taking Mucinex to manage the symptoms, and drinking tons of water.

Any other suggestions that would help me knock this thing out by Monday morning?  I have a lot to do next week, and I don’t want to still be sickly.  

zicam wins the battles for me. You might as well also get the “good” NyQuil from behind the counter and sleep it off for two days. Works wonders.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

you work in a school? 

the future is lost

I think there was a thread similar to this last year.  I remember writing " I get a gallon of orange juice,  drink it all, go to bed and cover myself with enough blankets to sweat all night."  In the morning I usually feel pretty good.  Heavy duty Tropicana is my OJ choice.

Here's a suggestion:  Stop being such a goddamn baby.  It's a head cold.  Liquids, sleep and let it run its course.  Whining only prolongs it, you wuss.  Man up!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1