Cole Beasley podcast

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, billspro said:

They are a lot better than last year. Still a below average offence but not a historically bad offence. They have a lot of upgrading to do on that side of the ball still.

the historically bad O would be 1977 when Juice fell apart and the team got one rushing TD out of the backfield all season

46 minutes ago, Questionable said:

Facts

Allen has thrown many 15-20 yard strikes that are big time throws and is even hitting his short balls at a way higher clip than last year

But Allen is unable to accurately deliver a pass.. sure sure

Missing open recievers time and time again . Yes I forget he has 30% accuracy and 75 yards a game

He struggles like most other young QBs but the **** you said is asinine

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Perhaps general, very high level philosophies, but a defensive head coach usually just tries to hire the best coordinator possible to run the offense. Same thing with offensive head coaches who try to find the best defensive coordinator to run the defense.

In fact, I don't think I'd want my defensive head coach to get too involved in offensive strategies. I don't believe they are qualified.

Regardless of what your own coaching philosophies might be, do you think McDermott is keeping his nose out of Daboll's offensive cookie jar?

1 hour ago, Questionable said:

Honestly, Allens inability to accurately deliver a pass is whats holding back the offense. 

Does he get confused out there sometimes?   Sure, he's young. That is part of the development. 

But missing recievers left and right when they are clearly open time after time is what the problem is. 

How many slants has he horroribly thrown?   How many sure fire Tds has he overthrown? 

Watch them for yourself. 

At this level, the majority of your development should be reading defenses, understanding where to go with the ball, and how to put your recievers into advantageous match-ups and audible when necessary to do so.   

He is historically inaccurate his entire life. Its not going to magically change at this level, especially when he's trying to learn and understand all the real developmental processes. 

Go away.

No, Allen is not historically inaccurate.

He's been atrocious on the deep ball. How many of those are thrown in ratio to the rest of his passes?

How many slants are horribly thrown??? :blink:

Okay, I'll play along. How many?

And before you critique that number, is that number significantly higher than other NFL QBs?

Get back to me when you've bothered to cross reference. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Go away.

No, Allen is not historically inaccurate.

He's been atrocious on the deep ball. How many of those are thrown in ratio to the rest of his passes?

How many slants are horribly thrown??? :blink:

Okay, I'll play along. How many?

And before you critique that number, is that number significantly higher than other NFL QBs?

Get back to me when you've bothered to cross reference. :doh:

Come on...lol

Dead last in the NFL last season in completion%

In he's currently sitting at 31st in completion %.

He had the lowest completion % of any Qb taken in Draft. 

He is "historically" inaccurate his entire football career. 

If you want to critique the kid, at least be honest. 

As far as slant routes he is the worst in the NFL, completing on 46%.  

I dont have the latest 2019 statistics because I believe you need to be an elite member to access it, but here is the breakdown of various routes. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-dvoa-routes-quarterbacks

But simply watch the video above and watch the amount of slant and crossing routes he misses...TONS.   Furthermore its not due to lack of time to throw, nor the receivers inability to separate.  They are just bad throws.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Perhaps general, very high level philosophies, but a defensive head coach usually just tries to hire the best coordinator possible to run the offense. Same thing with offensive head coaches who try to find the best defensive coordinator to run the defense.

In fact, I don't think I'd want my defensive head coach to get too involved in offensive strategies. I don't believe they are qualified.

Initially maybe, but as time goes on Sean would do well for himself to learn and be involved with the offensive side of the ball. That’s what good HC’s do. Look at Belichick.

1 hour ago, Questionable said:

Come on...lol

I dont have the latest 2019 statistics because I believe you need to be an elite member to access it, but here is the breakdown of various routes. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-dvoa-routes-quarterbacks

But simply watch the video above and watch the amount of slant and crossing routes he misses...TONS.   Furthermore its not due to lack of time to throw, nor the receivers inability to separate.  They are just bad throws.

Oh Yeah! You’re gonna work out fine here! I have a feeling about these things!

Welcome Aboard!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Questionable said:

Come on...lol

giphy.gif

joined tuesday. opens an account with that username is here for only one reason.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Questionable said:

Honestly, Allens inability to accurately deliver a pass is whats holding back the offense. 

Does he get confused out there sometimes?   Sure, he's young. That is part of the development. 

But missing recievers left and right when they are clearly open time after time is what the problem is. 

How many slants has he horroribly thrown?   How many sure fire Tds has he overthrown? 

Watch them for yourself. 

At this level, the majority of your development should be reading defenses, understanding where to go with the ball, and how to put your recievers into advantageous match-ups and audible when necessary to do so.   

He is historically inaccurate his entire life. Its not going to magically change at this level, especially when he's trying to learn and understand all the real developmental processes. 

I get the inaccuracy comments but you lost me on the slants. We throw 5 slants a year and they are almost always completed. 

14 hours ago, Big C said:

Part of me keeps hoping they have been holding out on us for the stretch run, silly though it may be. But as long as Allen keeps developing chemistry with these guys and gets the chance to do his thing instead of playing ultra conservative we can get it done. Just get to the playoffs.

No way they aren't trying their best every week.  They definitely aren't holding out.

Now it is possible the coaching staff is starting to realizing the careful/conservative approach just isn't working, and will attempt to make some changes going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Questionable said:

Come on...lol

Your screen name is perfect for you. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

the historically bad O would be 1977 when Juice fell apart and the team got one rushing TD out of the backfield all season

Last year was too, the DVOA stats back that up. Their first 8 games were  especially horrific.

19 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Why must everything be exploding around here?  Damn kids...

Image result for off my lawn gif

Get of my lawn!

16 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Teams don't do that. They put their best foot forward every Sunday, with few exceptions.

We need another foot... ?

• Haha (+1) 2

Are these comments from this past week or earlier in the season? I don't see his name listed on the latest episode and I really don't feel like going in and listening to stuff that doesn't interest me.

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I listened to part of it ... Jalen ramsey is in it too and I bailed during that part. Anyway Cole talks about the last drive vs Cleveland and that he was confident but that they didn’t make enough plays earlier either. He talks a lot about dealing with snow for the first time

And that answers my question 

9 hours ago, Questionable said:

Come on...lol

Time to cut him loose. There are QBs all over college programs who are much more plug and play than Josh. Just look at the NFL this year with Jackson running wild, Mason Rudolph/Minshew/Kyle Allen from way down in the draft outplaying Josh. Or the Bills could spend another couple of years hoping Josh becomes this fast-thinking, fantastically accurate QB he's never shown signs of being. Me, I prefer a more hard-nosed approach rather than magical thinking.

13 hours ago, Questionable said:

Watch them for yourself. 

Holy crap whoever made that video is SUCH A TROLL!!!

Those aren't highlights.

It's pitiful you posted that.

It's even worse if you're the one that made it.

9 hours ago, Questionable said:

Come on...lol

That link is for last year.

We are talking about Allen and his improvement this year.

That video you posted is joke.

Watch the games.

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I hope this isn't just talk.

We've upgraded almost every position on offense and haven't been any better than last year.

McDermott says he wants his players to play fearless, but I'm fearful he and Daboll are holding our offense back.

There might be one position, a very important position, where our starter is the same as last year.

• Like (+1) 1

I know most of this board hates rap music (I called it crap music!) but he’s a pretty decent rapper for a 5’8” slot receiver.  

36 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That link is for last year.

We are talking about Allen and his improvement this year.

That video you posted is joke.

Watch the games.

He’s going to have to pick up the pace for that MVP award though. ?

17 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Teams don't do that. They put their best foot forward every Sunday, with few exceptions.

hmmmm...
Teams are always tinkering. of course they play to win

16 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I don’t think that but I do think they were holding back to help Allen understand the importance of taking care of the rock. I truly believe the misfires is cause he was afraid of the turnover. His deep balls last year were rarely overthrown, underthrown yes, bad yes but he gave his wrs a chance last year

some hate to hear it, but Allen is still a  WIP. and they had not yet let him loose.
Working on that intermediate stuff ,and pocket presence with new O line has been a chore for him , you can tell.

i said before , losing a deep pass to the defense can be like a punt or even better when Allen throws it !