Cole Beasley podcast

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have not had a chance to listen to this yet but looks interesting 

....wonder if they let Dabumble in on their "secret"?......apologize for being a "Negative Nellie" but I just can't get behind this guy as OC..."coaching tree pedigree" means squat to me......

• Like (+1) 1

Part of me keeps hoping they have been holding out on us for the stretch run, silly though it may be. But as long as Allen keeps developing chemistry with these guys and gets the chance to do his thing instead of playing ultra conservative we can get it done. Just get to the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I listened to part of it ... Jalen ramsey is in it too and I bailed during that part. Anyway Cole talks about the last drive vs Cleveland and that he was confident but that they didn’t make enough plays earlier either. He talks a lot about dealing with snow for the first time

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Part of me keeps hoping they have been holding out on us for the stretch run, silly though it may be. But as long as Allen keeps developing chemistry with these guys and gets the chance to do his thing instead of playing ultra conservative we can get it done. Just get to the playoffs.

Teams don't do that. They put their best foot forward every Sunday, with few exceptions.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Big C said:

I don’t think that but I do think they were holding back to help Allen understand the importance of taking care of the rock. I truly believe the misfires is cause he was afraid of the turnover. His deep balls last year were rarely overthrown, underthrown yes, bad yes but he gave his wrs a chance last year

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I hope this isn't just talk.

We've upgraded almost every position on offense and haven't been any better than last year.

McDermott says he wants his players to play fearless, but I'm fearful he and Daboll are holding our offense back.

I don't see how it could be McDermott holding them back. He doesn't call the offense. I'm sure he would like them to put up tons of points.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nothing would be better than our offense exploding on Sunday.  We’ve been waiting a long time...

The only thing that's going to explode in Miami is Ryan Fitzpatrick's beard in the warm humid weather

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You don't believe that offensive philosophies are driven by the Head Coach?

Perhaps general, very high level philosophies, but a defensive head coach usually just tries to hire the best coordinator possible to run the offense. Same thing with offensive head coaches who try to find the best defensive coordinator to run the defense.

In fact, I don't think I'd want my defensive head coach to get too involved in offensive strategies. I don't believe they are qualified.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I hope this isn't just talk.

We've upgraded almost every position on offense and haven't been any better than last year.

McDermott says he wants his players to play fearless, but I'm fearful he and Daboll are holding our offense back.

They are a lot better than last year. Still a below average offence but not a historically bad offence. They have a lot of upgrading to do on that side of the ball still.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You don't believe that offensive philosophies are driven by the Head Coach?

Honestly, Allens inability to accurately deliver a pass is whats holding back the offense. 

Does he get confused out there sometimes?   Sure, he's young. That is part of the development. 

But missing recievers left and right when they are clearly open time after time is what the problem is. 

How many slants has he horroribly thrown?   How many sure fire Tds has he overthrown? 

Watch them for yourself. 

At this level, the majority of your development should be reading defenses, understanding where to go with the ball, and how to put your recievers into advantageous match-ups and audible when necessary to do so.   

He is historically inaccurate his entire life. Its not going to magically change at this level, especially when he's trying to learn and understand all the real developmental processes. 

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

Perhaps general, very high level philosophies, but a defensive head coach usually just tries to hire the best coordinator possible to run the offense. Same thing with offensive head coaches who try to find the best defensive coordinator to run the defense.

In fact, I don't think I'd want my defensive head coach to get too involved in offensive strategies. I don't believe they are qualified.

Of course they're qualified. 

A defensive minded coach knows how to stop an offense, therefore he must know how that offensive operates in order to stop it.   He is also aware of the weakness of his defense and how it can be attacked and act accordingly to ensure it doesn't happen. 

Likewise, its the same as being an offensive minded coach.  It all comes down to which side you are more passionate about and wish to persue a career in. 

46 minutes ago, Questionable said:

Honestly, Allens inability to accurately deliver a pass is whats holding back the offense. 

Does he get confused out there sometimes?   Sure, he's young. That is part of the development. 

But missing recievers left and right when they are clearly open time after time is what the problem is. 

How many slants has he horroribly thrown?   How many sure fire Tds has he overthrown? 

Watch them for yourself. 

At this level, the majority of your development should be reading defenses, understanding where to go with the ball, and how to put your recievers into advantageous match-ups and audible when necessary to do so.   

He is historically inaccurate his entire life. Its not going to magically change at this level, especially when he's trying to learn and understand all the real developmental processes. 

Joke

• Like (+1) 1