Jerry Hughes reaction to Myles Garrett incident

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Hughes is an above average DE right now. By far the best of our DL group.

He has the potential to be elite. 

We need him to wreak havoc in the backfield for 7 games. He has it in him

Jorden has 3.5 more sacks and 5 more tackles for loss.

• Like (+1) 1

" I don't talk about the internet, its not real" Haha

Jerry Hughes has the best media appearances. I remember last year when he got into it with the refs right after the game. Even though it was captured on video, he simply denied it.

Funny guy xD

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Jerry, 

You’re entitled to your opinion. But if you make a public comment on social media regarding the issue, don’t act like a jack-a$: when people ask you about it. 

Other wise, carry on

Man, some people really like to work hard to find fault with others. What was the part of the interview where he became a j/a?

Question asked, question answered. 

Question asked again, question answered again.

Question asked again, question answered again. 

There is no deep existential answer lurking in the shadows that the interviewer can draw out. A guy clubbed another guy with a helmet. Seems like a violent act by a violent person, at least violent in the moment. When JH is asked what Coach McD said about bashing people in the head with a helmet, what exactly would you expect Jerry to say Coach McD said? 

Don't lead with the crown of the helmet? 

Given the league's emphasis on protecting the head, limit the beatings with a helmet to the upper torso, arms or thigh area? 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve heard a few comments today like that from players. Not excusing it but understand how it could happen 

Oh,  absolutely. You have to be at least a little psycho to get playing time on defense in the NFL. Almost all of them have this in them if they feel they’ve been pushed too far.

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Hughes is an above average DE right now. By far the best of our DL group.

He has the potential to be elite. 

We need him to wreak havoc in the backfield for 7 games. He has it in him

Hughes got to get right with the refs somehow first.  Needs a PR campaign or some such.

Otherwise he'll continue to be undressed by OLmen, the refs will continue to smile politely as this occurs, and the backfield will remain an elusive dream for him.

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh,  absolutely. You have to be at least a little psycho to get playing time on defense in the NFL. Almost all of them have this in them if they feel they’ve been pushed too far.

From things various greats (Bruce Smith, for example) have said, the key seems to be to have a switch from snap to whistle.

Incognito didn't have this his first years in the league leading to "what the ***** is wrong with that *****?" after back-to-back personal fouls (and the Turk)

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, well, what did it get him besides notice from the league and a fine?

He can get wrapped up in a chokehold, practically have his jersey stripped off him, even get bear-wrestled to the ground,  The Zebra watches and smiles.

Nice work Jerry.  Good job taking it to that ref!  You showed him!  Yeah!

I suspect the person who was irritated was Coach McDermott and he had Mr Hughes into the woodshed for a "come to Jesus" moment.

Hughes likely still sore

Which interview or show, got a link? 

Dawkins said kind of similar things about focus on Miami.  I think McDermott (or someone) may have suggested a canned response from players to the effect "thinking about Miami" "on to Miami" etc, which is smart.

See above.  He would find that task easier, if the refs weren't looking in the other direction and smiling at the sky whenever he's held.

It's on Bills Mobile -- brief Friday PC in the field house yesterday

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-there-s-no-place-in-the-game-for-that

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Didn’t see the game live so may have thought different at the time. I think looking at that play and the Gronk elbow to the back of white s head was worse. Just sayin .....

Not only was Gronk not provoked but Tre was hurt from it and had to enter concussion protocol so I agree. Maybe if it had been on National tv there would have been more outrage.