Jerry Hughes reaction to Myles Garrett incident

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I put this in another thread, but if you haven't, check out Lorenzo Alexander on this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/the-lo-down-with-lorenzo-alexander-x3481

'Zo seems to feel there's an element or two of "there but for the grace of God and my teammates backing me away from it go I"

Hughes may feel that way too

I’ve heard a few comments today like that from players. Not excusing it but understand how it could happen 

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve heard a few comments today like that from players. Not excusing it but understand how it could happen 

Yeah.  'Zo basically said there've been a few times when just having his teammates around him physically restraining him or between him and the other guy away was the difference.  Said basically "All you see is Red" and you don't care (or maybe know) if there's a helmet in your hand or not a helmet in your hand.

13 hours ago, wppete said:

Don’t mess with Jerry!

Yeah, well, what did it get him besides notice from the league and a fine?

He can get wrapped up in a chokehold, practically have his jersey stripped off him, even get bear-wrestled to the ground,  The Zebra watches and smiles.

Nice work Jerry.  Good job taking it to that ref!  You showed him!  Yeah!

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah. It's puzzling why Jerry was so irritated with the media there.

I suspect the person who was irritated was Coach McDermott and he had Mr Hughes into the woodshed for a "come to Jesus" moment.

Hughes likely still sore

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Does anyone know which reporter asked McD about Hughes' comments? McD snapped at him, telling him not to put words in his mouth.

Which interview or show, got a link? 

Dawkins said kind of similar things about focus on Miami.  I think McDermott (or someone) may have suggested a canned response from players to the effect "thinking about Miami" "on to Miami" etc, which is smart.

14 hours ago, aristocrat said:

jerry needs to get to the qb first

See above.  He would find that task easier, if the refs weren't looking in the other direction and smiling at the sky whenever he's held.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What did he mean by “my team runs my twitter” - I think that’s what he said 

He probably has a social media team which could be one person across all social media accounts (social media manager), a person per account (twitter, facebook, IG, etc), or several people who are working their specialties (social media people do specialize in different types of social media as no one is an expert in all things) who were employed by his Agent/PR Manager to tweet, share on IG, and/or share on Facebook. I doubt he has someone on Pinterest. Possibly snapchat, or some other random social accounts.  Whatever his agent/pr manager feel he needs to be on to support his "brand".