Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Honestly some of this is on Tomlin. The game is over, you are backed up deep in your own territory, you can't win and there are 8 seconds left. Why are you running a play? Just kneel the ball down and get out of there. Why are you risking injury to your players needlessly?

it’s totally idiotic. The flip side though is why is Garrett even out there in garbage time? both coaches were dumb. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I think one game would have been objectively fair. 

For what?.... 

Attempting to pull off Garrett’s helmet after being late hit/driven into the ground on a throwaway play at the end of the game?

You think that warrants a suspension?   That’s an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for sure.... maybe a fine if you’d like.  Suspension though....

You sound like the NBA and how they hand out suspensions. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

For what?.... 

Attempting to pull off Garrett’s helmet after being late hit/driven into the ground on a throwaway play at the end of the game?

You think that warrants a suspension?   That’s an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for sure.... maybe a fine if you’d like.  Suspension though....

Better than the NHL where Garrett would have likely gotten a game.

I watched part of the game, but missed Garrett's assault, so I won't comment on the league's response.  From the Bills' perspective, it could not have turned out better.  The Browns beat the Steelers, handicapping their efforts to compete for a wild card berth.  Meanwhile, the Browns, who were seeming to turn their season around and maybe mount their own push for a wild card position, will find that effort damaged by a lengthy suspension of Myles Garrett, whose pass rushing prowess may be the single most important factor in the success of their defense.  Pouncey is not as important for the Steelers offensive line, but with a young QB, losing him for a few games doesn't help. I wouldn't be surprised if the Garrett suspension costs Cleveland 2 or 3 games, and Pouncey's might cost Pittsburgh a game.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Garrett's suspension sounds right.  

Pouncy's likely will be reduced.  1 game is likely what happens here, esp. with current and former players agreeing with his actions, although the kicking the head, I'm fine with 3 games.  But I see it getting reduced to 1.  

The guy who shoved Rudolph after Garrett assaulted Rudolph should have received 3 games.  He blindside shoved him.  Rudolph was not even engaged with him or anyone at that point. 

Pouncey’s suspension is extreme. His actions were purely defending his QB. I would hope all players would do the same. Everything else is reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Rudolph pulled his helmet off after a very soft tackle in which Garrett clearly didn’t know he had gotten rid of the ball.  Nothing wrong with the tackle at all.  If it hadn’t been for the helmet swing Rudolph would have been the one way more in the wrong.  A travesty that he gets off without punishment.

Brady gets the flag on that tackle by Garrett.  Rudolph deserved the flag for that tackle as well.  Had the flag been thrown this may have been de-escalated

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For what?.... 

This is the correct take

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

Pouncey’s suspension is extreme. His actions were purely defending his QB. I would hope all players would do the same. Everything else is reasonable.

The guard had him subdued laying on top and Pouncey kicks and punches him while he was defenceless so I think he deserves 3 for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

it’s totally idiotic. The flip side though is why is Garrett even out there in garbage time? both coaches were dumb. 

Why do I get the feeling that many of the posters taking this stance would be just as likely to say "Why'd they give up?   They should have fought to the final whistle!

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The guard had him subdued laying on top and Pouncey kicks and punches him while he was defenceless so I think he deserves 3 for that. 

1-2 seems reasonable to me. If they want to make a statement 3 is fine I guess.

Edited by billspro

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

i understand Pouncey's actions

and i understand the suspension

• Like (+1) 1