Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Did he or Did he NOT claw and try to rip his helmet off?

He did, after a dirty hit in a game that was over, after being driven into the ground....

Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.   Not a fine.  Not a suspension. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jerry Jabber said:

Disagree, Rudolph tried ripping Garrett's head off which led to the brawl. He should have been ejected and at minimum fined.

Wrong.  Garrett's reaction is what led to the brawl.  What Rudolph did in reaction to Garrett's late his is a common post-scuffle 15 yard penalty, fine at most.  Garrett is the one who escalated the situation.  

1 minute ago, Capco said:

I have a feeling anything else will be fine related and that this press release was specifically for the players worthy of a suspension.  I was referring to a suspension not a fine, but maybe more suspensions are forthcoming.  

I think Rudolph deserves a 1 gamer.  

Rudolph will probably get a fine.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Capco said:

I hope Garrett can walk the straight and narrow and prove he belongs in the league at his reinstatement hearings.  

I'm a little surprised Rudolph got nothing.  He was being an ass the whole time.  For example if that was Josh getting sacked, that fight at the end never breaks out imo.  

If that was Allen, he would have kicked Garrett’s ass.:ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

He did, after a dirty hit in a game that was over, after being driven into the ground....

Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.   Not a fine.  Not a suspension. 

this is spot on.  If Garrett does not go so crazy that he made Burfect look like gentleman of the year, no one is even talking about Rudolph's unsportsmanlike penalty here.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Rudolph pulled his helmet off after a very soft tackle in which Garrett clearly didn’t know he had gotten rid of the ball.  Nothing wrong with the tackle at all.  If it hadn’t been for the helmet swing Rudolph would have been the one way more in the wrong.  A travesty that he gets off without punishment.

A travesty? Seriously?

I do not think that word means what you think it means...

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Garrett's suspension sounds right.  

Pouncy's is way too long.  1 game is likely what happens here, esp. with current and former players agreeing with his actions, although the kicking the head, I'm fine with 3 games.  But I see it getting reduced to 1.  

The guy who shoved Rudolph after Garrett assaulted Rudolph should have received 3 games.  He blindside shoved him.  Rudolph was not even engaged with him or anyone at that point. 

Pouncey has a history with the league and is too eager to turn anything into a melee.  He and his brother rolled around with Hernandez in Florida.  There's more to his suspension than just last night.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Luka said:

Oh god here we go with the white guy started it crap. Really? Did he? You're right, he was the one that instigated the late hit, slammed himself on the ground and ripped his own helmet off. ***** out of here with that garbage.

Why bring race into it?

Rudolph should at least be fined for attempting to rip off Garrett’s helmet. He’s just too weak to get it off.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Wrong.  Garrett's reaction is what led to the brawl.  What Rudolph did in reaction to Garrett's late his is a common post-scuffle 15 yard penalty, fine at most.  Garrett is the one who escalated the situation.  

It wasn't a late hit.  Garrett never got flagged for one and never would have.  First person to do something wrong and escalate was Rudolph.  

I'm not excusing Garrett's use of the helmet at all.  He deserves to be out the rest of the year at minimum.  But that doesn't excuse Rudolph at all imo.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Come on, that’s reaching...tried?  Brady intended to stop a Ravens defender by blatantly sticking out his leg a couple of years ago, and got nothing.  Rudolph didn’t do anything this egregious last night.

Agreed.   Rudolph's action was at most a personal foul.   Garrett's was an aggravated assault... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

After watching the play over and over and over, Rudolph should at least be fined. I don't know if his actions warrant a full game suspension 

I would not be surprised if he's fined, but given that he got clocked on the head with his own helmet, I would also not be surprised if that's considered to be enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So you’re ok with that hit on Josh Allen in a game that’s over, with 8 seconds left??....  I’m sure as hell not and I think we all know Josh wouldn’t lay there and take it...especially from dirty play Garrett, who can’t seem to control himself this year.  

Yes I would be okay with it because it was not at all a dirty hit or tackle.  I would have been okay if it had been Jim Kelly back in the day.  And if either would have reacted like Rudolph did they would have been acting like crybabies just like Rudolph did.  Again, does not justify getting hit in the head with a helmet but it doesn't mean Rudolph's reaction was justified.