Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the craziest part is wasn’t the knock on Garrett coming out That he was soft, didn’t love football, and was kinda like an art guy?  

The suspension is well earned. It was completely awful. Rudolph did play a part but certainly Didn’t deserved that.  63 for the Browns deserved more games for that because that was a total coward move.  And Pouncey didn’t deserve a single game. He defended his teammate (makes how pathetic the Bills response to Gronk look even worse).  

but the Browns are our of control.  There is zero chance Kitchens makes it to a second season. What a waste of a really good roster.

Whitlock mentioned that the other day. He said people have told him that Garrett doesn't really fit in, particularly with the brothers, and he suggested this type of behavior might be his attempt to build street cred.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Whitlock mentioned that the other day. He said people have told him that Garrett doesn't really fit in, particularly with the brothers, and he suggested this type of behavior might be his attempt to build street cred.

A Cleveland initiation? Wouldn't put it past Kitchens

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Do you have any rational basis for this opinion, or is it just a purely subjective feeling?

I've asked on a few different platforms if anyone can provide an example of anyone EVER being suspended for anything similar to what Rudolph did. So far no one can come up with anything.

The issue is that up until the last few years,  virtually no conduct was subject to suspension absent egregious conduct like Suh or Tatum.  This is an evolving, play-specific call now, hence the first ever indefinite suspension for a single play.

27 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

The issue is that up until the last few years,  virtually no conduct was subject to suspension absent egregious conduct like Suh or Tatum.  This is an evolving, play-specific call now, hence the first ever indefinite suspension for a single play.

he can’t go back on the field

every man on an NFL O-line would gladly set up a crack back block to take out every ligament in Garrett’s knees and even more damage

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he can’t go back on the field

every man on an NFL O-line would gladly set up a crack back block to take out every ligament in Garrett’s knees and even more damage

We were discussing Rudolph and whether a suspension was warranted.  My post was against that backdrop.

29 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

We were discussing Rudolph and whether a suspension was warranted.  My post was against that backdrop.

The thread title is about Garrett, it didn’t list you as a little tin dictator god, did it?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Have you been studying at the Tibs school of semantic bull *****? 

I'll try to break this down into simple terms:

1. You are the one who said the "unprecedented" suspension on Garrett was the reason Rudolph should receive an unprecedented penalty. It wasn't a terribly logical argument, but it was your argument.

2. Suspending Rudolph would be unprecedented. You cannot name ONE example of anyone in the history of the league who has ever been suspended for behavior similar to Rudolph's. You proved that by citing an example that is not remotely similar. You knew it wasn't similar which is why you intentionally obscured the facts by broadening the scope to the blatantly dishonest "been involved in fights" standard. I'm honestly surprised. I thought you were better than that. Actually, I still do.

3. No one has claimed that Rudolph had no fault in the incident. I am claiming that his level of culpability does not rise to the level of suspension. I support that claim with historical precedent. You've offered no evidence suggesting that a suspension is the standard outcome in this situation, and no rational argument to explain why the league should deviate from the standard.

4. Your argument that Garrett's suspension is longer than that of other players in similar cases, does not logically lead to the conclusion that Rudolph should suffer additional punishment. It could be offered as a rational argument for reducing the length of Garrett's suspension, but that's about it.

5. I really don't care that much that you hold this opinion. As far as I'm concerned it's an interesting topic to discuss, but a fairly trivial matter overall, and the opinions of anyone on this board are wholly inconsequential. I do, however, find the dishonest approach to a straightforward discussion irritating.

So...this wasn't a fight?

Good one, Rob.  Tibs would be proud.

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Agreed that these are play specific calls, but some of your supporting statements look suspect at best.

Jack Tatum? Don't think he was ever suspended. Did you mean someone else or did I miss that he got suspended? To the last few years point, as per wikipedia, guys that were suspended since the mid-80's below. Other than 2017 looks like suspensions have been doled out on the regular starting in the new milennium.

1986 Greg Townsend:Unsportsmanlike conduct, stemming from his participation in a brawl versus the Kansas City Chiefs on October 5, 1986

1986 Charles Martin: Body-slamming Chicag o Bears quarterback Jim McMahon

1996 Derrick Thomas: Unsportsmanlike conduct, stemming from multiple personal fouls in a loss against the Denver Broncos

2002: Rodney Harrison: Helmet-to-helmet collision on Oakland Raiders wide receiver Jerry Rice

2006 Albert Haynesworth: Stomping on Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode

2007 Adam Jone: Attacking a stripper and threatening a security guard's lifes (irrelevant, included for humor value).

2008 Eric Smith: Helmet-to-helmet collision against Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin

2008 Plaxico Burress: Accidental shooting with a firearm (irrelevant, included for humor value).

2009 Plaxico Burress: Aforementioned accidental shooting irrelevant, included for humor value).

2009 Dante Wesley: Launching himself against Tampa Bay Buccaneer punt returner Clifton Smith

2011 Ndamukong Suh: Stomping of Green Bay Packers lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith

2011 James Harrison:  Violent tackle on Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy

2012 Joe Mays: Illegal hit on Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub

2013 Antonio Smih: Removing and swinging Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito's helmet

2013 Dashon Goldson: Helmet-to-helmet hit on New Orleans Saints running back Darren Sproles

2013 Brandon Meriweather: Repeated violations of the league's helmet-to-helmet policy

2013 Eric Walden: Headbutting Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker

2013 Dashon Goldson: Repeated violations of the league's player safety polic

2013 Michael Griffin: Repeated violations of the league's player safety policy

2014 Brandon Meriweather: Illegal hit on Baltimore Ravens WR Torrey Smith

2014  Dominic Raioloa: Stomping on the leg of Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ego Ferguson

2014: Ndamukong Suh: Stepping on the leg of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers

2015 Aqib Talib: Poking the eye of Indianapolis Colts tight end Dwayne Allen

2015 Odell Beckham Jr:  Helmet-to-helmet collision on Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman

2016 Vontaze Burfict: Repeated violations of safety-related playing rules

2017 Danny Trevathan: Helmet-to-helmet collision on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams

2017 Andrew Sendejo: Helmet-to-helmet collision on Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Mike Wallace

2017 Rob Gronkowdick: Intentionally falling on the neck of Buffalo Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White while he was on the ground

2017 JuJu Smith-Schuster: Violations of safety-related playing rules

2017 George Iloka: Violations of safety-related playing rules

2017: Thomas Davis Jr.: Illegal hit on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams

2018 Leonard Fournette: Fighting Buffalo Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson during a game

2019 Vontaze Burfict: Repeat violation of the league's player safety policies, stemming from a hit on Indianapolis Colts tight end Jack Doyle

1 hour ago, Doc said:

So...this wasn't a fight?

Good one, Rob.  Tibs would be proud.

That has the exact hallmark of a Tibs post. I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious. 

If the latter, you are quite literally saying that there is no distinction between the actions of any two people who have ever been involved in a fight. That's ****ing stupid.