Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the browns were out to put a hurt on the steelers and they succeeded, taking out how many players before the end of the game incident? somehow I feel that kitchens has carried over the "bounty" mentality that scumbag greg williams left there?

looking back, the bills were lucky to get out of there pretty much unscathed. 

I used to think Kitchens as kind of the loveable bumbling idiot type,  but now I think he's just an #######. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Agree but believe he deserved a game as well.  

Do you have any rational basis for this opinion, or is it just a purely subjective feeling?

I've asked on a few different platforms if anyone can provide an example of anyone EVER being suspended for anything similar to what Rudolph did. So far no one can come up with anything.

30 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I used to think Kitchens as kind of the loveable bumbling idiot type,  but now I think he's just an #######. 

mouthing off like to at the presser was a foolish thing to do

9 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Do you have any rational basis for this opinion, or is it just a purely subjective feeling?

I've asked on a few different platforms if anyone can provide an example of anyone EVER being suspended for anything similar to what Rudolph did. So far no one can come up with anything.

you are getting a free and easy list of people who have extremely poor judgment, and it really didn’t matter in the big picture 

don’t forget this when you need solid advice personally....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rob's House said:

You could argue that he was responsible for the incident when he tried ripping Garrett's helmet off and then escalated it by going after him. 

I can't recall any first-time offender getting suspended for half a season/indefinitely for swinging a helmet at someone.  And the part of the helmet that hit him was the base gasket, i.e. the padded portion around the helmet opening.

46 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The hit on Siemian happens every single game it just so happened that Siemian got his foot caught underneath of him as he fell.

I guess if you’re a Cleveland fan and only watch Cleveland games I can understand why you believe that happens every single game.

It was an increasingly late, dirty, hit. But that’s the norm for Garrett.

Edited by MDH
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

You could argue that he was responsible for the incident when he tried ripping Garrett's helmet off and then escalated it by going after him. 

I can't recall any first-time offender getting suspended for half a season/indefinitely for swinging a helmet at someone.  And the part of the helmet that hit him was the base gasket, i.e. the padded portion around the helmet opening.

So you have no example of anyone ever being suspended for anything similar to what Rudolph did.

There are examples of people being suspended multiple games for actions similar to those of Garrett, but not for 6 games (but 5 for Haynesworth a decade ago).

Do I have that right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

To me, it looks like, not 1, but 2 players leading with their heads. Must’ve been something Greggo taught them. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimmyclarke/status/1195167190816841728

I often wonder when Greggo became that way. His Buffalo Bills teams never seemed to play very dirty. I’ve always found that interesting. 

33 minutes ago, MDH said:

I guess if you’re a Cleveland fan and only watch Cleveland games I can understand why you believe that happens every single game.

It was an increasingly late, dirty, hit. But that’s the norm for Garrett.

He got flagged for landing on top of him, not for a late hit. 

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

he’s led the league in roughing penalties, publicly said he isn’t changing, and even bragged about choking an LSU lineman in college.

the dudes got himself a track record 

39 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

So you have no example of anyone ever being suspended for anything similar to what Rudolph did.

There are examples of people being suspended multiple games for actions similar to those of Garrett, but not for 6 games (but 5 for Haynesworth a decade ago).

Do I have that right?

If you get doc to concede a point you may be the first 

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why does this matter in any way shape or form? I'm sure in Garrett's fit of rage, he figured he'd cut Rudolph a break and only hit him with the gasket portion of the helmet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking the same thing. They are such a Dirty team.

Todd Haley: Myles Garrett’s behavior falls on Freddie Kitchens

“This to me, this comes back to coaching,” Haley said. “This falls squarely right on the head coach. Because the head coach talks to every assistant coach, who then talk to their group of players. And there’s an old saying in coaching: ‘You’re either coaching it or you’re allowing it to happen.’”

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Do I have that right?

Yes, the extent of Garrett’s suspension, again and especially for a first time violator, makes this unprecedented.  Hence the argument for suspending Rudolph, who was the reason this incident happened in first place, both in its inception and escalation.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, the extent of Garrett’s suspension, again and especially for a first time violator, makes this unprecedented.  Hence the argument for suspending Rudolph, who was the reason this incident happened in first place, both in its inception and escalation.

You don't think that Garrett dragging Rudolf to the ground, even though he didn't have the ball, and keeping him wrapped up on the ground was the inception of this incident?

23 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Why does this matter in any way shape or form? I'm sure in Garrett's fit of rage, he figured he'd cut Rudolph a break and only hit him with the gasket portion of the helmet. 

As I mentioned earlier, what happened to Tre’ was worse because he got injured and yet Gronk only got one game.  Rudolph wasn’t injured because of what part of the helmet hit him.  Both were Despicable acts but the fact that one player got injured and the other didn’t makes the penalty wholly  incongruous.

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

You don't think that Garrett dragging Rudolf to the ground, even though he didn't have the ball, and keeping him wrapped up on the ground was the inception of this incident?

i’ve seen that play happen hundreds of times without the opposing player/QB trying to rip off the other players helmet, much less go after them after it’s been ripped off.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, MAJBobby said:

Very Predictable that the QB that also was involved gets NOTHING.  

So you're at a party, a guy shoves you around, you shove back, he picks up a bat and starts beating you, gets arrested, and some bystander wonders why you you weren't arrested too. What sort of world have we become?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The argument that Rudolph started the whole thing is pretty weak in itself, but even if we take that as a given the rest of your argument still makes no sense.

You're arguing that because Garrett's penalty is slightly harsher in length, although identical in nature, to previous penalties for similar behavior, Rudolph should face a penalty of a nature never before imposed for such behavior because ???.

Saying the penalty for one particular behavior is "unprecedented" does not necessitate imposing an "unprecedented" penalty for completely different behavior.

To even get to that point you're saying that even though nothing Rudolph did is suspension worthy in itself, the fact that Garrett responded to it the way he did renders it suspension worthy. That's also nonsensical.

If I've somehow misrepresented your position please explain exactly what principle it is you're espousing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, yungmack said:

So you're at a party, a guy shoves you around, you shove back, he picks up a bat and starts beating you, gets arrested, and some bystander wonders why you you weren't arrested too. What sort of world have we become?

I brought up a very similar example, it will get you no where. Plain and simple Garrett took Mason down late, Mason didn't like it and tried to rip his helmet off, Garrett then picked him up off the ground by his facemask, and then twisted it off. Why would people think Mason wouldn't go back at him? There's not a soul on earth that could've predicted what came next. It really reminded me of the fight with Jim Kelly and Marty Lyons. I liked to seeing the fight in Jim back then and I liked seeing the fight Mason showed Thursday night.

• Like (+1) 1