Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Be honest, how would this board react if someone on the Bills did that to Brady.  There's a good chance he would become a legend around here 

I would hope he was cut. No place in the game for that *****. 

I'm sure I'll be disappointed with the league action since I still find Gronk's hit on The White worse than Myles Garrett. Tre White wasn't even a combatent. Rudolph was running down Garrett like he wanted his *** kicked.

At least the Steelers defended their guy.. unlike Bills that day Tre got Gronk'ed up

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TuelTime said:

I'm surprised that more incidents like this aren't followed up by law enforcement.

There's assault every play in football. It's a violent sport where players are doing things to each other they'd never do off the field. It should and will stay on the gridiron.

5 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

There's assault every play in football. It's a violent sport where players are doing things to each other they'd never do off the field. It should and will stay on the gridiron.

Yeah but the difference is Garrett’s actions were excessive without a football action.  Slamming a helmet on another man without a helmet is not a part of the game.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but the difference is Garrett’s actions were excessive without a football action.  Slamming a helmet on another man without a helmet is not a part of the game.

You'd think this point would be self-evident. It's kind of sad that some people need it spelled out for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Now that the dust has cleared. I gotta say I don’t care much about this anymore, other than the fact it’s all pretty good news for the Bills imo. Rudolph isn’t suspended, Garrett is out, Pouncey misses some games, and who knows what will happen when these two teams meet in a couple weeks. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Be honest, how would this board react if someone on the Bills did that to Brady.  There's a good chance he would become a legend around here 

If this incident had happened more or less as it actually did, but with the Bills taking the place of either team, this board would have gone into total meltdown mode.  

You're probably looking at the longest thread in history!

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Wrong. Just a totally ridiculous take.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If this incident had happened more or less as it actually did, but with the Bills taking the place of either team, this board would have gone into total meltdown mode.  

You're probably looking at the longest thread in history!

Bills player does that to Brady = insta legend and headed for the wall

• Haha (+1) 1

No saying I can comprehend any of the rationale here. But it’s strange that it happened between the Steelers and the browns in a game where Big Ben wasn’t even playing. Like the Browns have never even seen this QB before really. Where would there be such hostility boiling over from? Not saying I’d understand but say it happened in one of those old Steelers Ravens games where the same players just beat on each other for years. This was between a backup qb that the Browns have no history with. Maybe it’s just me but I find that strange.

47 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

You'd think this point would be self-evident. It's kind of sad that some people need it spelled out for them.

It happens in every sport. There's no precedent unless someone gets a career ending injury.

Heck even Ron Artest's part in the Malice at the Palace only resulted in a wrist slap. And that was a full blown riot.

21 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

For a permanent injury, sure. Regardless I'd bet the house nothing substantial will come to Myles Garrett other than a lengthy suspension. That's all I'm saying. There's a million examples of nothing happening from these brawls in sports for every Heller / Baker suit.

And I'd rate the Gronk hit on Tre White to be worse than this IMO. I was calling for something to happen there but should have figured nothing would happen.

Maaaaybe if the NFL wants to hit hard on the CTE point. That's the only way I see anything outside a suspension happening. Would be really unlikely but who knows where the NFL is taking CTE.

31 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

At least Finnegan threw the helmet and resorted to fisticuffs. 

Good scrap but the "linesman" never should have jump in like that with one player throwing punches and the other not able to do so.  Dangerous!  

35 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No saying I can comprehend any of the rationale here. But it’s strange that it happened between the Steelers and the browns in a game where Big Ben wasn’t even playing. Like the Browns have never even seen this QB before really. Where would there be such hostility boiling over from? Not saying I’d understand but say it happened in one of those old Steelers Ravens games where the same players just beat on each other for years. This was between a backup qb that the Browns have no history with. Maybe it’s just me but I find that strange.

For what it is worth, it was a very chippy game all night long and at least 5 players left due to injury, including 3 concussions.

Sometimes in a game (in any sport) it's like there is a full moon in effect and the game becomes weird from the get-go.

This game had that type of vibe in it.

We used to get games like this fairly regularly in the NHL.  

Haven't seen one like that in years now, at least in the regular season.

47 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Wrong. Just a totally ridiculous take.

Yeah right.  Plenty of folks here call for injury to Tom Brady routinely.

I remember one thread where the poster literally called for not just an injury to Brady, but a career ending and life threatening injury!

Made me laugh out loud!

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Good scrap but the "linesman" never should have jump in like that with one player throwing punches and the other not able to do so.  Dangerous!  

For what it is worth, it was a very chippy game all night long and at least 5 players left due to injury, including 3 concussions.

Sometimes in a game (in any sport) it's like there is a full moon in effect and the game becomes weird from the get-go.

This game had that type of vibe in it.

We used to get games like this fairly regularly in the NHL.  

Haven't seen one like that in years now, at least in the regular season.

If you can't beat 'em - beat 'em!

What's different here is that the Browns were playing at home, had the game in hand and hadn't beaten the Steelers in 5 years. Usually it's the team on the losing end that does the dumbest sh!t. Should have been a great night for the Browns.