Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  I think Gronk was the same type of scumbag really.  Rudolphs head was definitely contacted.  There are plenty of videos in this thread that clearly show it.

I didn't see all the angles but I'll accept that it did.  But itt did very little damage since Rudolph seemed completely unfazed by it and wasn't mentioned as being injured. 

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is reportedly going to be fined. But Garrett actually started it by hitting him late with 14 seconds to go in a game that wasn’t in question, and then laying on him and not getting up. Rudolph escalated it, but didn’t start it out of the blue. 

Late hit was stupid. Rudolph grabbing his helmet was stupid. Garrett swinging his helmet was really, really stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

For what?.... 

Attempting to pull off Garrett’s helmet after being late hit/driven into the ground on a throwaway play at the end of the game?

You think that warrants a suspension?   That’s an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for sure.... maybe a fine if you’d like.  Suspension though....

You sound like the NBA and how they hand out suspensions. 

Because he provoked Garrett. You can't try to pull someones helmet off as it makes them more vulnerable which is what this is all about. Don't ignore that he did tried to pull his helmet off.

What happened after is a separate thing more akin to assault. 

2 minutes ago, stony said:

Late hit was stupid. Rudolph grabbing his helmet was stupid. Garrett swinging his helmet was really, really stupid. 

Yes different levels of stupidity 

41 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yikes bro you serious, one or two games lol

For reference, the following plays resulted in suspensions of exactly zero games-

gronkwat.0.gif

odell-beckham-cheap-shot-on-josh-norman.

tenor.gif?itemid=10181441

tenor.gif?itemid=9897169

What the heck are you talking about.  Gronk got a game suspension, Beckham got a game suspension.

I am not sure what your point was supposed to be, but to show those 4 plays with multiple suspensions and then comment zero games suspended makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn't see all the angles but I'll accept that it did.  But itt did very little damage since Rudolph seemed completely unfazed by it and wasn't mentioned as being injured. 

I think you're underestimating what adrenaline can do.

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Rudolph shouldn’t get anything.  He got his helmet ripped of and used against him as a weapon.

The video did show him pulling on the helmet.  Does not give a reason to be beat with a helmet but should have been at least fined.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wow, this looked comparably bad. Preseason plus one game ? Garrett was on national TV, but precedent shows the suspension should be less. They both should be worth close to what Garret received, but this inconsistency will be brought up by union. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Capco said:

As I said in the other thread, DeCastro was definitely a fat kid growing up because that's classic fat kid stuff right there.  

And Rudolph was that typical small yiper that chirped and chirped and let others handle the fight 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

What the heck are you talking about.  Gronk got a game suspension, Beckham got a game suspension.

I am not sure what your point was supposed to be, but to show those 4 plays with multiple suspensions and then comment zero games suspended makes no sense.

Yo you are correct 100%, I was going off memory...Gronkowski and Beckham both got 1 game suspensions. Upheld by league too, and don't know why I didn't remember that.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow, this looked comparably bad. Preseason plus one game ? Garrett was on national TV, but precedent shows the suspension should be less. They both should be worth close to what Garret received, but this inconsistency will be brought up by union. 

I don't think the league cares.  2013 I believe was before some of the current emphasis on avoiding head to head hits - as I understand it new rules were implemented in 2018.

So the league will say "this was before the increased emphasis on avoiding helmet to helmet hits, the standards have changed"

The other issue is this involved the QB, who gets his own special protections vs. an OL or DL.  Not saying it's right, it is what it is though.