Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Rudolph put his hands on Garrett’s helmet as he’s actively driving his body down on him while he’s on his back and helpless. Have you ever been in a situation like that?

You're really not defending Garrett's actions, are you?

I mean I hope I'm really reading this wrong because it looks to me like you're talkin about Garrett being helpless on his back. if you are, laugh my ass off at you!

If I did read it wrong I'll gladly retract my post.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

You're really not defending Garrett's actions, are you?

I mean I hope I'm really reading this wrong because it looks to me like you're talkin about Garrett being helpless on his back. if you are, laugh my ass off at you!

If I did read it wrong I'll gladly retract my post.

You’re reading it wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If your point is that Tomlin, Garrett and Mason all had a role prior to the helmet swing, I don’t disagree. I do disagree with coming down on Mason like he acted crazy. He thought he got cheapshotted at the end of a game and responded the way I would want a competitor to respond. If Josh Allen gets cheapshotted, he scrums with a defender too. That’s what someone with a pair is supposed to do.

”Attacking Garrett” while Garett is on top of him driving his body down on him is a VERY liberal way of describing that play, btw. 

Maybe you're looking at different footage. The footage I saw with the best view is at 1:43 

Garrett took Rudolph down and actually was on his back, so Rudolph was on top of Garrett at that moment when Rudolph started yanking Garrett's helmet off. It happened very quick, but as I said before, it was a late hit, not a dirty hit, Rudolph snapped and escalated the situation when he first made several attempts to rip Garrett's helmet off.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Disagree. Garrett's hit was late, but it wasn't dirty. It's one thing to push a player, get in his face and cuss him out for a late hit, but the way Rudolph snapped, went after Garrett by trying to forcibly rip Garrett's helmet off was inexcusable. With the NFL trying to make the game safer with no helmet-to-helmet hits, blows to the head and face, concussions etc..., players that try to do what Rudolph did should be reprimanded, whether fined, suspended or both.

The hit was definitely late.  I do think it was also unnecessarily rough ... but I don't think it crossed the "dirty," line, per se.

Garrett lifted Rudolph off the ground by Rudolph's face mask.

I don't fault Rudolph for anything he did immediately after getting up. 

I can see the NFL fining him for staying in the fight longer than he should have/needed to.  But his initial reaction after "getting" up??  No way.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Maybe you're looking at different footage. The footage I saw with the best view is at 1:43 

Garrett took Rudolph down and actually was on his back, so Rudolph was on top of Garrett at that moment when Rudolph started yanking Garrett's helmet off. It happened very quick, but as I said before, it was a late hit, not a dirty hit, Rudolph snapped and escalated the situation when he first made several attempts to rip Garrett's helmet off.

What? Rudolph was never on top of Garrett in that clip. His hands brush against the back of Garrett’s helmet and jersey as he’s taken to the ground. Then, when he’s wrapped up, on the ground, and the play is clearly dead, Garrett still has not let go, and Rudolph starts to grab at the helmet. Then Garrett PULLS HIM UP BY THE FACEMASK. I’m finding the straws you are grasping at to be pretty weak.

Edited by BringBackOrton

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

What? Rudolph was never on top of Garrett in that clip. His hands brush against the back of Garrett’s helmet and jersey as he’s taken to the ground. Then, when he’s wrapped up, on the ground, and the play is clearly dead, Garrett still has not let go, and Rudolph starts to grab at the helmet. Then Garrett PULLS HIM UP BY THE FACEMASK. I’m finding the straws you are grasping at to be pretty weak.

As I said before, I'm not a fan of either team, so I have no favoritism either way. I'm not sure what you've saw, but I clearly stated what I saw and exactly where on the video. Have a nice day!

2 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

As I said before, I'm not a fan of either team, so I have no favoritism either way. I'm not sure what you've saw, but I clearly stated what I saw and exactly where on the video. Have a nice day!

1:43 in that video is Rudolph on his back in the end zone, with Garrett being covered by Decastro a few yards away. No wonder your interpretation of the fight is off base!

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Yikes bro you serious, one or two games lol

For reference, the following plays resulted in suspensions of exactly zero games-

gronkwat.0.gif

odell-beckham-cheap-shot-on-josh-norman.

tenor.gif?itemid=10181441

tenor.gif?itemid=9897169

AJ Green choking Ramsay is such a funny play. I know it’s dirty and uncalled for or whatever, but you can feel him seeing absolute red and Ramsay has no idea what’s coming. Laugh out loud play, 10/10 stuff.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am fine now. 

Yeah I think that's pretty fair.  I think if he got suspended it would open a can of worms.  I feel he did something wrong but it was pretty marginable as opposed to some pretty crappy things that have only gotten fines or just in game penalties.

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, that play was not the same level as Garrett.

Like I said, it was despicable, but not to the level of what happened between Rudolph and Garrett.

White still had his helmet on.

I don't know what the effort is to accomplish with this comparison.  I don't think anyone would say Gronk's hit on White is forgivable.  Everyone, including a lot of the national media, agreed that Gronk should have been suspended.

That play by Gronk was terrible.

The think last night was notably worse.

No, Gronk's was worse.  For starters, Tre' didn't do anything but trash talk, which happens all game long by everyone.  Second, Gronk assaulted Tre' when he was completely unaware/unable to defend himself (and with a weapon just like Garrett did).  Third, Tre' got a concussion whereas Rudolph was completely fine (and I can't even say he connected with Rudolph's head).