Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

This thread reminds me of the guys who desperately tried to deflect what Burfict and Pacman did to throw away a playoff game.

are folks actually deflecting what Garrett did in this incident? 

He was and is certainly guilty of his actions but they also need to consider Rudolph's actions in the incident as well. he certainly isn't innocent and he should have just stayed on his ass and allowed the officials to handle the matter instead of getting up in a rage and swinging around and acting like he was going to kick his ass which was pretty stupid of him to even attempt to retaliate, absolutely stupid. I'm sure the the league will take a closer look at the incident and likely a hefty fine will follow.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So, next time there’s a late hit or QB driven into the ground, he’s allowed to try and rip the helmet off the defender and then kick him in the nuts?   Because that’s what happened.  

Rudolph deserves a suspension for instigating the whole thing.  I’m sorry, but it’s crap that he is getting nothing.  

Disagree Rudolph instigated the whole thing.  He did not.

He definitely played a role in it and maybe even escalated it to a certain level, prior to Garrett escalating it several levels beyond that.

I still say the whole thing was started by Garrett who hit Rudolph a bit extra hard and kind of drove him into the turf in a nasty manner, which is what set Rudolph off in the first place.  That after the ball was long gone and the game was basically over.

Rudolph was getting killed in that game.  He wasn't attacking every guy who knocked him down or sacked him!

They both played roles in this, with Garrett ultimately taking it to the higher level.

Both should be punished, but to differing degrees.

20 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I imagine if it was Fitz getting into with Garrett after getting taken down late by a DE with the game already over, some of your opinions would change. Hissy fit indeed.

And If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle - foolish hypothetical.

Fitz would not have lasted as long as he has in the league if he tried that stuff on.

Fitzy knows enough to picks his battles.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

He definitely played a role in it and maybe even escalated it to a certain level, prior to Garrett escalating it several levels beyond that.

I still say the whole thing was started by Garrett who hit Rudolph a bit extra hard and kind of drove him into the turf in a nasty manner, which is what set Rudolph off in the first place.  That after the ball was long gone and the game was basically over.

Rudolph was getting killed in that game.  He wasn't attacking every guy who knocked him down or sacked him!

They both played roles in this, with Garrett ultimately taking it to the higher level.

You think?  It's like shooting a guy because he cut you in line at Cedar Point.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

You think?  It's like shooting a guy because he cut you in line at Cedar Point.

I was responding to a poster who suggested Rudolph "instigated the whole thing."

Not sure what's up your ass.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle - foolish hypothetical.

Fitz would not have lasted as long as he has in the league if he tried that stuff on.

Fitzy knows enough to picks his battles.

Fitz has absolutely gone after larger defenders when he was hit late or dirty. Foolish point.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I was responding to a poster who suggested Rudolph "instigated the whole thing."

Not sure what's up your ass.

Nothing personal, but taking it to a higher level just seemed like a funny understatement to me.

14 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Nope. As I said before, I'm not a fan of either team and I looked at the entire footage objectively. Maybe hissy fit wasn't the correct team, a more correct term would be "snapped." Rudolph acted like Garrett slammed him hard causing his head to bounce off into the turf, then started attacking Garrett by trying several times to rip his helmet off. By looking at the film and by where Garrett's body was when tackled Rudolph, It's very difficult to tell if Garrett could see if Rudolph still had the ball or not. Also, with that little time left in the game, being down 14 points and no conceivable way of coming back to tie the game, why was Tomlin calling pass plays to begin with? Also, have we've ever seen Fitz attack a player the way Rudolph went after Garrett...nope! Very poor comparison!

If your point is that Tomlin, Garrett and Mason all had a role prior to the helmet swing, I don’t disagree. I do disagree with coming down on Mason like he acted crazy. He thought he got cheapshotted at the end of a game and responded the way I would want a competitor to respond. If Josh Allen gets cheapshotted, he scrums with a defender too. That’s what someone with a pair is supposed to do.

”Attacking Garrett” while Garett is on top of him driving his body down on him is a VERY liberal way of describing that play, btw. 

Edited by BringBackOrton

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

it is. And I don’t think you are hearing anyone say Garrett shouldn’t be suspended either. 

however they are pointing out that Rudolph should have as well, but somehow some people think that means the people saying Rudolph has culpability and should be suspended as well are defending Garrett 

Well, earlier in another thread you were saying Garrett's suspension wouldn't be as big as people think - maybe two games you said, amIrite?

Responding to Mattynh who was saying maybe 1.

So there's that.

I don't think Rudolph will get off without something, but I don't see them suspending him.  Fine probably.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Fitz has absolutely gone after larger defenders when he was hit late or dirty. Foolish point.

Not by grabbing their nuts or trying to rip their helmet off.  LIttle chest to chest or some jaw-flapping perhaps.

Be happy to view proof to the contrary though.

I've always gone by The motto that two wrongs never make a right and in this case both parties were wrong and then some more even followed but the two initial parties involved were wrong. One is being punished as he should be for ripping the helmet off and hitting the kid in the head but the other wrong was instigating the attempt to rip his helmet off and get up like he was some kind of badass and going to kick Garretts ass. 

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Rudolph acting all sanctimonious after the game ticked me off too.  Glad we didn't draft him.

Rudolph is certainly playing the part of innocent victim when he is not innocent. The reaction from Garrett was a 10 when Garrett was a 2  but he is not innocent.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, earlier in another thread you were saying Garrett's suspension wouldn't be as big as people think - maybe two games you said, amIrite?

So there's that.

I don't think Rudolph will get off without something, but I don't see them suspending him.  Fine probably.

Not by grabbing their nuts or trying to rip their helmet off.  LIttle chest to chest or some jaw-flapping perhaps.

yeah I was wrong at the length. But did I say he shouldn’t be suspended or defend him?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

If your point is that Tomlin, Garrett and Mason all had a role prior to the helmet swing, I don’t disagree. I do disagree with coming down on Mason like he acted crazy. He thought he got cheapshotted at the end of a game and responded the way I would want a competitor to respond. If Josh Allen gets cheapshotted, he scrums with a defender too. That’s what someone with a pair is supposed to do.

Disagree. Garrett's hit was late, but it wasn't dirty. It's one thing to push a player, get in his face and cuss him out for a late hit, but the way Rudolph snapped, went after Garrett by trying to forcibly rip Garrett's helmet off was inexcusable. With the NFL trying to make the game safer with no helmet-to-helmet hits, blows to the head and face, concussions etc..., players that try to do what Rudolph did should be reprimanded, whether fined, suspended or both.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So there's that.

Rudolph put his hands on Garrett’s helmet as he’s actively driving his body down on him while he’s on his back and helpless. Have you ever been in a situation like that?

Not sure if this link will work 

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think he instigated the ripping of his own helmet off and the fight with the nut kick.  Yes, tempers flared all day, but Rudolph in that moment punched a bear in the zoo.  

I agree with Garrett’s suspension.  I think Rudolph deserves a game or two as well

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Disagree. Garrett's hit was late, but it wasn't dirty. It's one thing to push a player, get in his face and cuss him out for a late hit, but the way Rudolph snapped, went after Garrett by trying to forcibly rip Garrett's helmet off was inexcusable. With the NFL trying to make the game safer with no helmet-to-helmet hits, blows to the head and face, concussions etc..., players that try to do what Rudolph did should be reprimanded, whether fined, suspended or both.

I can't disagree with that, actually.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Rudolph put his hands on Garrett’s helmet as he’s actively driving his body down on him while he’s on his back and helpless. Have you ever been in a situation like that?

what were you watching. Garrett was trying to get up. 

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

• Like (+1) 1