Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

So I didn't spend a lot of time watching the play before from different angles.  I just saw the initial angle where Garrett swung the helmet at Rudolph but it was kind of from behind and it wasn't totally visible if Rudolph was hit.

In rewatching and seeing a better angle and seeing that Garrett indeed hit Rudolph directly in the head, I think Garrett needs to be suspended for next year by the NFL as well.

Garrett makes Suh look like a choir boy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

The guy who shoved Rudolph after Garrett assaulted Rudolph should have received 3 games.  He blindside shoved him.  Rudolph was not even engaged with him or anyone at that point. 

One game is in keeping with other fines levied for more egregious acts, such as Gronkowski’s attack on Tre White. I’d argue both should be more costly; perhaps 3 games. That’s a separate point, but if Gronk got one game a blindside shove is no worse. 

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at the excitement and reaction this incident has created! 

If it had never happened there would be zero discussion here about the ending of that game last night.  It was a pretty boring game actually.

same with that hoops game in Detroit

after it was over Artest asked Jackson "do you think we'll get in trouble" and Jackson replied they'd be lucky to ever play in the NBA again....

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not enough to get fined or suspended.   He’s not making the decision the throw in that situation as Garrett feels the need to drive him into the ground with 8 seconds left.  

I’d expect most QBs would react in a “get off me” type way in that situation.  ....and none of them would be suspended.  

So, next time there’s a late hit or QB driven into the ground, he’s allowed to try and rip the helmet off the defender and then kick him in the nuts?   Because that’s what happened.  

Rudolph deserves a suspension for instigating the whole thing.  I’m sorry, but it’s crap that he is getting nothing.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

gronk dropping a metal elbow into back of Tre Whites neck. 

No, that play was not the same level as Garrett.

Like I said, it was despicable, but not to the level of what happened between Rudolph and Garrett.

White still had his helmet on.

I don't know what the effort is to accomplish with this comparison.  I don't think anyone would say Gronk's hit on White is forgivable.  Everyone, including a lot of the national media, agreed that Gronk should have been suspended.

That play by Gronk was terrible.

The think last night was notably worse.

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I imagine if it was Fitz getting into with Garrett after getting taken down late by a DE with the game already over, some of your opinions would change. Hissy fit indeed.

Nope. As I said before, I'm not a fan of either team and I looked at the entire footage objectively. Maybe hissy fit wasn't the correct team, a more correct term would be "snapped." Rudolph acted like Garrett slammed him hard causing his head to bounce off into the turf, then started attacking Garrett by trying several times to rip his helmet off. By looking at the film and by where Garrett's body was when tackled Rudolph, It's very difficult to tell if Garrett could see if Rudolph still had the ball or not. Also, with that little time left in the game, being down 14 points and no conceivable way of coming back to tie the game, why was Tomlin calling pass plays to begin with? Also, have we've ever seen Fitz attack a player the way Rudolph went after Garrett...nope! Very poor comparison!

Edited by Jerry Jabber

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at the excitement and reaction this incident has created! 

If it had never happened there would be zero discussion here about the ending of that game last night.  It was a pretty boring game actually.

We would be forced to read your post about Allen.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

No, that play was not the same level as Garrett.

Like I said, it was despicable, but not to the level of what happened between Rudolph and Garrett.

White still had his helmet on.

I don't know what the effort is to accomplish with this comparison.  I don't think anyone would say Gronk's hit on White is forgivable.  Everyone, including a lot of the national media, agreed that Gronk should have been suspended.

That play by Gronk was terrible.

The think last night was notably worse.

it is. And I don’t think you are hearing anyone say Garrett shouldn’t be suspended either. 

however they are pointing out that Rudolph should have as well, but somehow some people think that means the people saying Rudolph has culpability and should be suspended as well are defending Garrett 

Just now, Virgil said:

So, next time there’s a late hit or QB driven into the ground, he’s allowed to try and rip the helmet off the defender and then kick him in the nuts?   Because that’s what happened.  

Rudolph deserves a suspension for instigating the whole thing.  I’m sorry, but it’s crap that he is getting nothing.  

I agree.  A game would be appropriate.  A hefty fine at minimum.  Just the combination of trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and kicking him in the nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Which was why I said I didn't think it would happen.

But that play is maybe the only play I've ever seen in the NFL that would be grounds for it.

The police said there would be no charges because Mason has not made a complaint.  I'm pretty sure if he actually wanted to file charges the police would charge him.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I agree.  A game would be appropriate.  A hefty fine at minimum.  Just the combination of trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and kicking him in the nuts.

because if you look at the videos of that Garrett is trying to get off Rudolph and didn’t grab at his face mask until After Rudolph was trying to rip his helmet off 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it would happen, but I could see Garrett being criminally prosecuted.  Swinging a helmet at another player's head is, to me, potential grounds for assault with a deadly weapon.

I think the league realized it too, and acted quickly to forestall such action by Rudolph's agent and circle and hopefully get them to say "OK, league taking it seriously, so maybe we don't want the hassles"

Just now, MAJBobby said:

because if you look at the videos of that Garrett is trying to get off Rudolph and didn’t grab at his face mask until After Rudolph was trying to rip his helmet off 

Rudolph acting all sanctimonious after the game ticked me off too.  Glad we didn't draft him.

21 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He wasn't being attacked on the ground until he foolishly started trying to rip Garret's helmet/head off. 

Right I said that.  Mason still used his foot to push Garrett off of him.  That is the part you were incorrect about.