Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

Just now, Scott7975 said:

He was being attacked on the ground and was trying to push Garret off of him.

There's several on here who will not accept this answer, even though that's what happened. Save your breath.

Just now, MJS said:

Yes, he'd roll over to the refs, grab their skirts, and plead for a penalty.

No he wouldn't, way too competitive for that.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

yeah a lot of QBs and Steelers. I have formed my own opinion. So what are you trying to say?

Yep, from what I’ve seen most players apart from the groups you mentioned hold Rudolph at least somewhat responsible as well. People who think otherwise have no clue about the culture of a locker room. 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Which was why I said I didn't think it would happen.

But that play is maybe the only play I've ever seen in the NFL that would be grounds for it.

Gronk's hit on White was at least as bad, if not worse.  He could have killed White, paralyzed him, given him permanent neck/back problems, or just inflicted some good old fashioned brain trauma. 

White was defenseless and not expecting to be hit.  

Rudolph was engaged in a scrap with Garrett the entire time, facing him when the blow came, and he was even able to somewhat try to deflect the blow.

14 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Rudolph got butt hurt over the way Garrett took him to the ground, then had a hissy-fit and started attacking Garrett by yanking on his helmet numerous times, which led to Garrett getting up and doing the same thing back to him. Garrett had two Steelers players in his face with Rudolph continuing to charge at Garrett. I'm not a fan of either team, but after watching the scenario play out, Rudolph started the confrontation, wouldn't give it up, Garrett was getting ganged up on by two Steelers players, then did a very stupid, inexcusable act of nailing Rudolph in the head with Rudolph's helmet, by which he deserved the beating he got from Pouncey and Ogunjobi. Garrett deserves a lengthy suspension, big fine and should have criminal charges brought against him, but Rudolph shouldn't get away "Scott-free" either. But hey, see it however you want to see it.

I imagine if it was Fitz getting into with Garrett after getting taken down late by a DE with the game already over, some of your opinions would change. Hissy fit indeed.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Gronk's hit on White was at least as bad, if not worse.  He could have killed White, paralyzed him, given him permanent neck/back problems, or just inflicted some good old fashioned brain trauma. 

White was defenseless and not expecting to be hit.  

Rudolph was engaged in a scrap with Garrett the entire time, facing him when the blow came, and he was even able to somewhat try to deflect the blow.

The Gronk play was despicable, too.  And he should have been suspended.

But that was also a football player hitting another football player.  Yes, it was after the play was over.  And yes, Gronk is a behemoth.  But it was man on man.

Garrett had Rudolph's helmet in his hand and swung it.  If Garrett dropped the helmet and punched Rudolph in the face with his fist, Garrett would and should still be suspended, but probably not indefinitely.

Swinging a helmet at another player's head is a huge deal.

I'm amazed ANYONE could defend Garrett after that.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Gronk play was despicable, too.  And he should have been suspended.

But that was also a football player hitting another football player.  Yes, it was after the play was over.  And yes, Gronk is a behemoth.  But it was man on man.

Garrett had Rudolph's helmet in his hand and swung it.  If Garrett dropped the helmet and punched Rudolph in the face with his fist, Garrett would and should still be suspended, but probably not indefinitely.

Swinging a helmet at another player's head is a huge deal.

I'm amazed ANYONE could defend Garrett after that.

I really haven’t heard one person actually Defense Garrett. 

is a helmet swing not similar to driving a metal brace into the back of someone’s neck vis elbow drop the same?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

No, watch your video again. After the late hit around 1:20 mark of your video Mason is trying to rip Garrett's Helmet off. Directly after that, Myles is trying to stand up and Mason drives his right foot/cleat into Myles groin. Myles and Mason are both upright and the  Mason helmet grab and smash by Garrett begins while Mason is coming off the ground. 

Bolded is the fuel that drove Myles into rage mode which deserves the suspension he got. To let Mason off with zilch at this point is not justified. A fine means pretty much nothing at this point.  

No if you watch it slow mo Garrett started to attack Mason on the ground and then Mason pushed him off with his foot.  Mason did try to take Garretts helmet off though.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I really haven’t heard one person actually Defense Garrett. 

is a helmet swing not similar to driving a metal brace into the back of someone’s neck vis elbow drop the same?

Was Gronkowski not Suspended? Not being a smart ass, I genuinely don’t remember. For some reason I thought he was for a game. 

Just now, motorj said:

Jets qb siemian probably buying rudolph dinner after that. Garret tried doing the same to rudolph after the play putting his full weight on him well after the play, props to rudulph for standing uo to him without taking it to far, well desrved suspenision

but he didn’t. He pulled Rudolph down on top of Him. Garrett never put his full weight onto Rudolph 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Huh?  What are you referring to?

gronk dropping a metal elbow into back of Tre Whites neck. 

5 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

Was Gronkowski not Suspended? Not being a smart ass, I genuinely don’t remember. For some reason I thought he was for a game. 

by NE. BB suspended him 1 game. League never did something. If I remember right.   Nope it was the league gave 1 game 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000889245/article/tredavious-white-gronkowskis-1game-ban-a-joke%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dbuf%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dace%3Bplyr%3Dtredavious_white&p.ct=Around%2bthe%2bNFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

Edited by MAJBobby