Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So Garrett was just standing there watching the play downfield when Rudolph walked up to him and trying to rip off his helmet?  Huh.  I didn't see the game so thanks for clarifying that for me.

Rudolph got butt hurt over the way Garrett took him to the ground, then had a hissy-fit and started attacking Garrett by yanking on his helmet numerous times, which led to Garrett getting up and doing the same thing back to him. Garrett had two Steelers players in his face with Rudolph continuing to charge at Garrett. I'm not a fan of either team, but after watching the scenario play out, Rudolph started the confrontation, wouldn't give it up, Garrett was getting ganged up on by two Steelers players, then did a very stupid, inexcusable act of nailing Rudolph in the head with Rudolph's helmet, by which he deserved the beating he got from Pouncey and Ogunjobi. Garrett deserves a lengthy suspension, big fine and should have criminal charges brought against him, but Rudolph shouldn't get away "Scott-free" either. But hey, see it however you want to see it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Me too....except....not really.  There are some MAJor-league idiots on this board.

And then there are the guys who are forever just stuck in the Minors, never making it to the big time! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

My estimation is 100% chance he lays there and takes it. Somehow our maths don't agree.

No way he stays on the ground doing nothing, not in a million years. Garrett also wouldn't have been dumb enough to take his helmet off and hit him in the head with it. He would've been done for life.

34 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

and if that’s where it stopped, this thread wouldn’t have ever existed...

it’s the whole, beating someone with a helmet  that’s an issue.

Yes, but the beating with the helmet didn't take place in a vacuum.  That's the point.

PS:  Did you (or anyone else) watch Mason Rudolph's post game PC?  It was funny as hell.

A reporter asked "when did things cross the line" or something like that.

And Mason said: "When did things cross the line? I don't know!  I guess when he ripped my helmet off my head and used it as a weapon.  That's when things crossed the line."

I was LMAO.

Edited by Nextmanup

I felt Garrett had some questional play against Allen last week too. I felt he should have been flagged a time or two.

This guy gets very upset when he's not able to make an impact play or bring down a Qb. 

10 second to go in a game and you do some stupid ***** like that?  With the lead and the win? 

This guy is over the top and last night proved it. 

The league made the right call here.   I'd expect nothing less than the penalty they levied. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the league actually realized this, and that waiting until next Monday or Tuesday wouldn't cut it.

I don't think it would happen, but I could see Garrett being criminally prosecuted.  Swinging a helmet at another player's head is, to me, potential grounds for assault with a deadly weapon.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Lots of players have come out in Mason's defense, Whoopee. If you can't form your own opinion, it's not an opinion worth having.

yeah a lot of QBs and Steelers. I have formed my own opinion. So what are you trying to say?

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Rudolph got butt hurt over the way Garrett took him to the ground, then had a hissy-fit and started attacking Garrett by yanking on his helmet numerous times, which led to Garrett getting up and doing the same thing back to him. Garrett had two Steelers players in his face with Rudolph continuing to charge at Garrett. I'm not a fan of either team, but after watching the scenario play out, Rudolph started the confrontation, wouldn't give it up, Garrett was getting ganged up on by two Steelers players, then did a very stupid, inexcusable act of nailing Rudolph in the head with Rudolph's helmet, by which he deserved the beating he got from Pouncey and Ogunjobi. Garrett deserves a lengthy suspension, big fine and should have criminal charges brought against him, but Rudolph shouldn't get away "Scott-free" either. But hey, see it however you want to see it.

Well done and exactly how I see it as well.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I think the whole thing is pretty hilarious. Couldn't have asked for a better result from that game from the Bills perspective. As for Rudolph, theres a topic Off the Wall thread here for "most punchable faces." Now that I know what he looks like, I'd put him up for consideration there.

Edited by Bferra13

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it would happen, but I could see Garrett being criminally prosecuted.  Swinging a helmet at another player's head is, to me, potential grounds for assault with a deadly weapon.

Will not happen.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes and happened to an NHL player for hitting a guy in the head with his stick on purpose(McShorley SP?) He ended up with 18 months probation for it.

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I think the whole thing is pretty hilarious. Couldn't have asked for a better result from that game from the Bills perspective. As for Rudolph, theres a topic Off the Wall here for "most punchable faces." Now that I pknow what he looks like, I'd put him up for consideration there.

Big college football fan are you?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

I think the whole thing is pretty hilarious. Couldn't have asked for a better result from that game from the Bills perspective. As for Rudolph, theres a topic Off the Wall here for "most punchable faces." Now that I pknow what he looks like, I'd put him up for consideration there.

I thought it was great and incredibly entertaining.  Just wish it lasted longer.

You know what is not being spoken of in all this?  The raw strength of Mason Rudolph's head.  He is a big, tough kid and his head seems to be made of steel.

One Youtube comment suggested that he was OK b/c he got hit with the "open" portion of the helmet and that he would have been much more seriously hurt had he been hit with the top of the helmet.  Not sure how true that is in terms of how he was hit or how helmet angle may have impacted the blow.

Everyone involved is lucky that Rudolph was seemingly unfazed and crying to the ref for action after the hit, as opposed to being knocked out or dropping to the ground in a serious condition.

The incident could have been much more ugly.

8 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No way he stays on the ground doing nothing, not in a million years. Garrett also wouldn't have been dumb enough to take his helmet off and hit him in the head with it. He would've been done for life.

Yes, he'd roll over to the refs, grab their skirts, and plead for a penalty.