Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

Honestly, any kind of extra curricular activity after the penalty deserves some sort of discipline. All who participates deserves some sort of discipline. The maliciousness of their actions should dictate the severity of the discipline. Attempting to  pull a players helmet off deserves discipline just as much as pulling a players helmet off and hitting him with it. I’m not sure that should be disputed. What should be disputed is the severity of their actions. One is obviously much worse than the other and the discipline should reflect that. 

2 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

Honestly, any kind of extra curricular activity after the penalty deserves some sort of discipline. All who participates deserves some sort of discipline. The maliciousness of their actions should dictate the severity of the discipline. Attempting to  pull a players helmet off deserves discipline just as much as pulling a players helmet off and hitting him with it. I’m not sure that should be disputed. What should be disputed is the severity of their actions. One is obviously much worse than the other and the discipline should reflect that. 

he shoved me so i picked up a brick and hit him in the head with it

he started it...  Duh...........................

43 minutes ago, arcane said:

"A few games" for an on-field action would put him up near the top of the list of suspension length due to on-field actions, in NFL HISTORY. His reaction is deserving of a penalty and little more. This is just crazy talk. 

My point is theres lots of blame to go along. Rudolph attempts to pull miles helmet off then continues to chase after him after getting his helmet ripped off. Miles and Pouncy took things to a very heightened level for sure but Rudolph was no angel either thats all I am saying. Anyways doesnt matter the NFL will do as they see fit.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

....in self defense.....after being the target of a cheap shot.....from a well known cheap shot artist.   

People keep saying it was a cheap shot. The ref standing right there didn't flag the tackle. Flags didn't go out until they were upright and fighting.

Edited by cle23

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You mean Tackling him?

Truthfully I was watching the game live and I seen the takedown and the first thing I thought was "that's a penalty" and then all hell broke loose.

Just now, cle23 said:

People keep saying it was a cheap shot. The ref standing right there didn't flag the tackle. Flags didn't go out until they were upright and fighting.

Great, can all the teams of the league do that to Brady?

12 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

and if that’s where it stopped, this thread wouldn’t have ever existed...

it’s the whole, beating someone with a helmet  that’s an issue.

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Refs make judgement calls every game.  Doesn't mean there wasn't a penalty.  There were what, 8 seconds left?  What would calling the foul accomplish?

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Truthfully I was watching the game live and I seen the takedown and the first thing I thought was "that's a penalty" and then all hell broke loose.

Great, can all the teams of the league do that to Brady?

yep like most thought because happens every week. So why doesn’t every week end up in a brawl?  Because other QBs don’t become unhinged 

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Haven't you tried to make this point 142 times already? The league still doesn't agree with you, but maybe if you get up to 200 times they may start listening.

It does hence NO FLAG thrown on the Tackle. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

1udnsr.jpg

Of all the places I'd expect to see forrest gump, this isn't one of them.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

yep like most thought because happens every week. So why doesn’t every week end up in a brawl?  Because other QBs don’t become unhinged 

Sometimes, I think you just post ridiculous takes for the hell of it.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Of all the places I'd expect to see forrest gump, this isn't one of them.

:lol:

Sometimes, I think you just post ridiculous takes for the hell of it.

even Lorenzo Alexander on WGR right now saying Rudolph should have been suspended as wel

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I've watched football for 50 years and seen a whole lot of "brawls".  They happen all the time.

Players get flagged, fined and even ejected and suspended, both the instigator and the one who retaliated.

I never seen a thing like Garrett did.  

I got a friends retirement party to go to so...............have a good day!

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Zero chance Tom Brady lays there and takes that play from Garrett.   Zero.  

My estimation is 100% chance he lays there and takes it. Somehow our maths don't agree.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Me too....except....not really.  There are some MAJor-league idiots on this board.

so show me where I have defended Garrett or said Garrett should get nothing?  I would love to see that. Do people understand English around here?

47 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

They said in the statement that more could be coming. I doubt he gets away with this scot-free. 

Obviously we know who the wrong party is here but this was clearly elevated by his actions as well. In a lot of ways Rudolph instigated this whole thing.

I still can't believe that guy hit him on the head with a helmet. Like, that actually happened in real life!