Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

So how does Rudolph’s injury compare to Tre White’s from Gronk? Not saying Garrett was innocent, just saying the NFL is a joke. 

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

So Gronk didn't go insane when he jumped on Tre's back and threw his metal-casted arm at the back of his head while he was face down on the ground?  LOL, OK.

Right and someone got hurt. No one got hurt yesterday. What a joke. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

So how does Rudolph’s injury compare to Tre White’s from Gronk? Not saying Garrett was innocent, just saying the NFL is a joke. 

I do think the Gronk incident was comparable to last night in terms of utter severity and dangerousness.

I actually think White was hurt more from the incident than Rudolph was, who seemed to take the helmet hit rather well.

There is a lack of consistency here!

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't know how predictable it was, but it does look like Rudolph is going to escape with no penalty.

Which is ironic, considering he was easily the second most guilty party in the entire incident and can be argued to have started it all.

I think Garrett started it with the way he took Rudolph to the ground after the ball was gone and considering the score and clock.

Nonetheless, Rudolph had a major role to play in this whole thing and he gets nothing!?

Other than these unconfirmed allegations of crotch shots, I'm having a hard time seeing what's so egregious about Rudolph's response.

I get the argument that pulling at Garrett's helmet was a bit much, but that and getting in the face of the guy that just slammed you to the ground isn't usually a suspension worthy offense.

Can you think of anyone who's ever been suspended for similar behavior?

I can't.

the defense of rudolph in this thread is ridiculous.

if this were on the street, both would of been taken in to custody. 

at the least, he deserves a hefty fine for his part. those claiming it was a reaction to the tackle must believe his reaction was justified.

he should of just stayed down on his ass and allowed the officials to handle it. that would of been the professional thing to do.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I do think the Gronk incident was comparable to last night in terms of utter severity and dangerousness.

I actually think White was hurt more from the incident than Rudolph was, who seemed to take the helmet hit rather well.

There is a lack of consistency here!

and yet neither the NFL or even ESPN has mentioned it in regards to what happened last night.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Rudolph should get a large fine in my opinion

What he did I don't think is suspendable, just because his actions provoked absolute lunacy from Garrett doesn't mean he should be suspended

This is how I feel also.  Garrett started the whole thing and Rudolph retaliated and then Garrett got violent.

It was so stupid to do on the last play of the game.

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree Gronk should've been suspended, but under no circumstances can a player be allowed to take off another player's helmet and use it as a weapon against them.

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He simply reacted to the way he perceived he was brought to the ground late. Then to getting pulled up off the ground by his facemask. Jim Kelly would've done the same thing Mason did or worse if that happened to him.

Maybe so but I didn't ask to explain Rudolph's behavior; I'm asking to justify it. 

You can't.  He should be suspended with the rest of them.

[Editorial note: I don't think any of them should be suspended necessarily; it was the most entertaining episode in the entire game last night; let them go at it a bit; I would have kicked them all out of the game (which was over anyway) and left it at that, then maybe given Garrett a couple game suspension b/c he used his helmet as a weapon].

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Other than these unconfirmed allegations of crotch shots, I'm having a hard time seeing what's so egregious about Rudolph's response.

I get the argument that pulling at Garrett's helmet was a bit much, but that and getting in the face of the guy that just slammed you to the ground isn't usually a suspension worthy offense.

Can you think of anyone who's ever been suspended for similar behavior?

I can't.

I'm talking about Rudolph lying on his back and very clearly grabbing Garrett's face mask and trying to use it to rip Garrett's helmet off his head, which went on for several seconds, unsuccessfully.

That is what lit up Garrett who then thought "you want to rip my helmet off? I'll rip off yours!"

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Maybe so but I didn't ask to explain Rudolph's behavior; I'm asking to justify it. 

You can't.  He should be suspended with the rest of them.

[Editorial note: I don't think any of them should be suspended necessarily; it was the most entertaining episode in the entire game last night; let them go at it a bit; I would have kicked them all out of the game (which was over anyway) and left it at that, then maybe given Garrett a couple game suspension b/c he used his helmet as a weapon].

No he shouldn't. His actions were responses to what Garrett was doing to him. Just because you don't believe that doesn't mean Mason should be suspended.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree Gronk should've been suspended, but under no circumstances can a player be allowed to take off another player's helmet and use it as a weapon against them.

I have no problem with Garrett’s suspension. It’s just gross that Gronk actually hurt a dude. Garrett’s antics were dangerous, but Rudolph wasn’t even injured. NFL double standard apparent once again. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Disagree, Rudolph tried ripping Garrett's head off which led to the brawl. He should have been ejected and at minimum fined.

So Garrett was just standing there watching the play downfield when Rudolph walked up to him and trying to rip off his helmet?  Huh.  I didn't see the game so thanks for clarifying that for me.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This is how I feel also.  Garrett started the whole thing and Rudolph retaliated and then Garrett got violent.

It was so stupid to do on the last play of the game.

I felt like I got to know Garrett a little bit 2 seasons ago on Hard Knocks on HBO.  He seemed like a very down to earth, intelligent, stable guy on that show, despite being a #1 overall phenom of a player. 

Because of that impression of him, I couldn't believe the way he snapped last night and went full Rambo on Rudolph.

I wonder if there was stuff being said during the melee that went above and beyond normal chit chat on a football field, or something.

Reminds me of when Zidane went nuts and head butted Materazzi in the World Cup Final back in 2006.  You knew something was going on there that the camera and microphones didn't catch.

A decade later Marco Materazzi admitted that he said something about Zidane's sister (LOL) and it just made Zidane snap!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm talking about Rudolph lying on his back and very clearly grabbing Garrett's face mask and trying to use it to rip Garrett's helmet off his head, which went on for several seconds, unsuccessfully.

That is what lit up Garrett who then thought "you want to rip my helmet off? I'll rip off yours!"

and if that’s where it stopped, this thread wouldn’t have ever existed...

it’s the whole, beating someone with a helmet  that’s an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

So if I'm hearing this correctly some people are calling for 4 game suspensions for a player grabbing and pulling a facemask?

I think I'm done with this conversation.  LOL

....in self defense.....after being the target of a cheap shot.....from a well known cheap shot artist.   

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Which happened after Mason was taken to the ground late. Mason got mad,  Garrett went nuclear. Garrett doesn't already know you can't go nuclear on an NFL field? In a primetime game no less. One got mad, one lost his mind. It's not anyone's fault but Garrett's that he can't control his temper.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS