Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely (minimum 2019 season), Pouncy 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For what?.... 

Attempting to pull off Garrett’s helmet after being late hit/driven into the ground on a throwaway play at the end of the game?

You think that warrants a suspension?   That’s an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for sure.... maybe a fine if you’d like.  Suspension though....

You sound like the NBA and how they hand out suspensions. 

First off, it's not like Garrett slammed Rudolph to the ground and Rudolph's head bounced off the turf. Was it a late hit, absolutely, but Rudolph overreacted. Second, with how the NFL preaches Player Safety, no helmet-to-helmet hits, worried about concussions, etc..., it would make sense for the NFL to fine and/or suspend players that go after another players head/neck with trying to rip off a helmet.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Why do I get the feeling that many of the posters taking this stance would be just as likely to say "Why'd they give up?   They should have fought to the final whistle!

When the game is out of reach you do the common sense thing...dont risk injury to one of your players.

Or in this case a 3 game suspension to a key player on your OLine.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

LMAO and you don't see his right foot driving into his groin at 1:25? Or trying to rip his helmet off before that!

I’m not defending anyone. Just stated what the announcers said, and when I watch the replay he was pushing Myles off of him with his foot, not really kicking.

......and Haley's Comet, sour grapes and all after Browns canned him weighs in......SMH...

Todd Haley: Myles Garrett’s behavior falls on Freddie Kitchens

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 15, 2019, 12:09 PM EST

Last year, Todd Haley was replaced mid-season as Browns offensive coordinator by Freddie Kitchens. This year, Kitchens is taking some criticism from Haley.

Haley said today on SiriusXM NFL Radio that Kitchens deserves scrutiny for the way his player, Myles Garrett, acted at the end of Thursday night’s game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/todd-haley-myles-garretts-behavior-falls-on-freddie-kitchens/#comments

2 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Rudolph was by no means innocent in this whole thing. He just got the worst of it (he was the smallest guy, after all).

he deserves a game suspension I’d say.

..more to come....NFL got the "heavy lifting" out of the way first.........

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I’m not defending anyone. Just stated what the announcers said, and when I watch the replay he was pushing Myles off of him with his foot, not really kicking.

IDK man. 

Myles suspension is justified in my eyes. Mason is def. no choir boy here either, he fueled the fire here and deserves some discipline. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

IDK man. 

Myles suspension is justified in my eyes. Mason is def. no choir boy here either, he fueled the fire here and deserves some discipline. 

he will be fined, but suspended I dont know, he can justify his actions because the "kick" came after Myles is trying to rip his helmet off.  At that point he has a right to defend himself considering what came next. 

31 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

This incident was gronk wwe x100. one was a dirty hit, the other was insanity

So Gronk didn't go insane when he jumped on Tre's back and threw his metal-casted arm at the back of his head while he was face down on the ground?  LOL, OK.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

LMAO and you don't see his right foot driving into his groin at 1:25? Or trying to rip his helmet off before that!

He does try and push off Garrett with his foot. This was after Garrett had a hold of his facemask and was pulling it. If a 275 pound man was trying to pick me up by my facemask I'd hit him with a foot to a groin also. Pause the video and go frame by frame, the foot comes second. 

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Rudolph deserves a few games- he didn’t start it all however he kept at it too and deserves a slap also.

"A few games" for an on-field action would put him up near the top of the list of suspension length due to on-field actions, in NFL HISTORY. His reaction is deserving of a penalty and little more. This is just crazy talk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1