Jerry Hughes groin injury

YoloinOhio

At least it’s not his spleen....

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then who fills Lorenzo's role?  Plays 36%-96% of the defensive snaps anyway

96% was previous game against Miami

Yes, he plays one of the backer roles and he often is a DL in pas-rushing, but typically interior, not end.  I imagine that he could take the end role a few times, with Shaq playing more of the snaps.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

that was also Milano out game which led to that 

Good point

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Not sure it matters.  None of our DEs can rush the QB anyway.  Next up

Jerry is too often found attempting to rush the QB and being abused for it.  The zebras just smile, or maybe give the OL a little wink for the disrobing and a nudge for a neckwrap or face mask.

That's what happens once a player builds a reputation for p**sing in the refs wheaties.  Refs think their wheaties taste "special" from him regardless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think we should bring in Shane Ray (FA) for a workout. He was miscast in a 3-4 at both Denver and Baltimore and will likely do better in a 4-3. Former #23 overall pick from 2015 - so still relatively young. 

Otherwise, if Hughes's groin continues acting up, maybe  sign Jachai Polite off the Rams' practice squad. I really liked him prior to the 2019 draft - though he appears to have been a bust with Greggo. Seattle signed him to their PS - but they did not have any openings for him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then who fills Lorenzo's role?  Plays 36%-96% of the defensive snaps anyway

96% was previous game against Miami

likely because Milano couldn't go and he was in Nickel package as LB for large part of game as Mo Alexander was not playing well

Oliver at DE on obvious passsing down rushing the QB wouldnt be the worse thing in the world. If the experiment fails, you know after a few plays and move on with life. Then again,I am typing this on a message board and not preparing to coach or play against Miami this week so my opinion may not be very valid in the grand scheme.

Edited by letsgoteam