Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Myles Garrett should be banned for life.

Having said that, I have a feeling the following will be lost in the discussion: Mason Rudolph did commit the first non-football act of aggression there. Let's not pretend that didn't happen. It in no way justifies what followed, but it nonetheless occurred and should not be ignored just because Rudolph was brutalized. He should be suspended a game.

I know what your saying but as soon as that helmet hits the guy on the skull it changes from 'football violence' to assault. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Myles Garrett should be banned for life.

Having said that, I have a feeling the following will be lost in the discussion: Mason Rudolph did commit the first non-football act of aggression there. Let's not pretend that didn't happen. It in no way justifies what followed, but it nonetheless occurred and should not be ignored just because Rudolph was brutalized. He should be suspended a game.

Actually, no. The play was LONG over before Garrett threw Rudolph to the ground. Like a couple seconds. That was the first act of aggression.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

What Rudolph did was normal after-the whistle 15 yard stuff, not suspension material.  perhaps a fine at the very most.  

Everyone should pause and ask: what if Garrett did this to Brady.  

Correct.  And let’s not forget that Rudolph already missed several games this year with a head injury/concussion.  And Garrett drills him in the head with his own helmet....I think he’s done for the year.  

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Actually, no. The play was LONG over before Garrett threw Rudolph to the ground. Like a couple seconds. That was the first act of aggression.

Yup. In football terms, they each deserved offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties - and THEN arrest-worthy assault occurred.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Assault with a deadly weapon on the field

That’s actually the perfect way to put it Guns. Absolutely pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Football player playing football at the wrong time 

Surely you’re not serious

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Am I crazy or was this no worse than the hit Gronk put on Tre White? That was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen and no seemed to really care.

I think Garrett will be suspended the rest of the season.

The dude yanked the helmet off the quarterback -- the prima donna of the NFL--and literally beat him with it.

Yes. You're crazy. 

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

What Rudolph did was normal after-the whistle 15 yard stuff, not suspension material.  perhaps a fine at the very most.  

Everyone should pause and ask: what if Garrett did this to Brady.  

My sense was that Rudolph was reacting to Garrett slamming him to the ground. His sack itself was a 'roughing the passer' in any other moment. Watch Mason's head on the sack.

• Like (+1) 1