Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

Previously the longest suspension ever handed out for an on-field incident was 5 games to Albert Haynesworth for the head stomp a few years.back. This was WAY worse. That being said, 4-5 games is probably where it ends up. 

Edited by cdubya
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cdubya said:

Previously the longest suspension ever handed out for an on-field incident was 5 games to Albert Haynesworth for the head stomp a few years.back. This was WAY worse. That being said, 4-5 games is probably where it ends up. 

Vontaze Burfict. And this was at least 2x worse than anything he's ever done imo

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

If i had to bet, its 4 games.

I think it should be remainder of the season

unfortunately I think your right.  Wow, but former NFL players saying he should be gone for the rest of the season, so perhaps it happens.  

Keyshawn Johnson is pissed.  

Because this was a prime time game and is all over all the networks now, the NFL is going to be forced to react swiftly and forcefully. I don’t think you can compare this to any other incident in football history. I think the public backlash against the NFL would be incredible if they don’t put an end to this. Maybe a short suspension and fine would be okay in other circumstances. But in this day and age, you cannot make light of this event. In a world where we crucify people for calling someone a stereotypical name, you gotta put a spotlight on this guy and make Garrett an example. It’s too bad because he’s a great talent. But, he has to go for the future of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

Myles Garrett should be banned for life.

Having said that, I have a feeling the following will be lost in the discussion: Mason Rudolph did commit the first non-football act of aggression there. Let's not pretend that didn't happen. It in no way justifies what followed, but it nonetheless occurred and should not be ignored just because Rudolph was brutalized. He should be suspended a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Having said that, I have a feeling the following will be lost in the discussion: Mason Rudolph did commit the first non-football act of aggression there. Let's not pretend that didn't happen. It in no way justifies what followed, but it nonetheless occurred and should not be ignored just because Rudolph was brutalized. He should be suspended a game.

What Rudolph did was normal after-the whistle 15 yard stuff, not suspension material.  perhaps a fine at the very most.  

Everyone should pause and ask: what if Garrett did this to Brady.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Rudolph won’t be suspended. Please. 0% chance