Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Are you as upset at Rudolph going at Garrett's helmet and kicking and grabbing his junk?

Totally in the wrong, also. If that were Josh doing that, I'd be severly disappointed. And then I'd be running on the field to do bad things to Garrett from the stands. 

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m watching these shows this morning and am starting to think that it goes into next year. 10 games

When current and former players are calling you out, including the leader and QB of your own team a few minutes after the game in a live on field interview, you know you did something so far out of bounds that he probably deserves whatever he gets and the players will not be happy if it's not a long one. 

Edited by matter2003

8 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I will bet he doesnt get suspended the rest of the year that's for sure.  I really dont think he gets more than 1 game, maybe two.  

Fat Albert got 4 for a similar, less dangerous, offense.

Edit: 5 games

Edited by Rob's House

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

So you are trying to tell me that Garrett was so scared of Mason, that he felt the need, while still fully padded & helmeted, to swing a helmet at his bare head? 

I mean - everything Garrett did was dumb on that play.  Everything Mason did... was also dumb imo.  You're seriously going to kick at the groin of a defensive end and try and rip his helmet off?  I'd expect 90% of QBs to get up looking for the ref to complain. 

But i guess since the game was over they were just saying lets fight.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

In the top picture, it looked like Rudolph was using his leg to keep Garrett away.  Foot was way below the junk.  Not buying that one.

The bottom pic, you could be right.  Rudolph had his helmet off and was pissed.  Still doesn't justify what Garrett did.

It was a kick, plain and simple. And yeah, Garrett escalated it too far for sure.

FB_IMG_1573829114953.jpg

10 at the minimum. I wonder be shocked if was 16 to start tho. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I mean - everything Garrett did was dumb on that play.  Everything Mason did... was also dumb imo.  You're seriously going to kick at the groin of a defensive end and try and rip his helmet off?  I'd expect 90% of QBs to get up looking for the ref to complain. 

Mason was looking for a 15 yard flag. Garrett was looking for blood

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m watching these shows this morning and am starting to think that it goes into next year. 10 games

I do too.  You can't preach player safety in regards to the head and neck....then have a guy use a helmet as a weapon to go after the head.  Especially since it's a QB who basically are protected like red jerseys in practice.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I’m not saying Rudolph shouldn’t face discipline for what he did but Garrett  Hit him 3 beats after the ball left his hand and was laying on top of him. I don’t blame him or Pouncey who will also be disciplined for reacting. But Garrett apologists can’t use the 6 year old excuse that “he started it” 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It has been mentioned.  Can you please explain how it was worse?

What The Gronk did to The Tredavian Nightmare was bad and I'm not defending it in any way, but I fail to see how elbowing a guy in the head with a helmet on is worse than hitting a guy in the head without a helmet on with a helmet Garrett tore off his head.  Not even close and WAY worse IMHO.

Gregg Williams was suspended for "life" but was subsequently re instated.

Gronks hit was to the back of the neck of a guy that was lying on the ground while wearing an arm brace.  It could've seriously hurt Tre and luckily it didnt.  The Garrett hit isnt much better but the fact that Gronk got suspended one game for that hit was ridiculous.   

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This is like teams running up the score. If you don't want hit, don't run a play. That is on Tomlin, not Cleveland. The tackle on Rudolph wasn't hard, at all. There was more than enough time on the play clock to run out the game clock.

Garrett went way too far with the helmet. Rudolph was just as much at fault up to that point.

Thanks for the input, Browns apologist.  Geez, man, take off the fan persona for a moment and think about what happened.  Your team was in the wrong, and your player did something that is absolutely inexcusable under any circumstances.  There is a time and a place for "supporting your team" but this is not one of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He needs to sit for at least the rest of the season and maybe until Week 10 of next season. Albert Haynesworth got five games for stomping on a dude, this is quite a bit worse than that. Hits the guy after he throws the ball, knows he doesn't have to drag him down but he does anyway, and he does that a lot, he leads the league in late QB hits since he entered in 2017. I don't blame Rudolph for getting sh*tty about it, kid had a rough night and there they are at the end of the game and this dude is dragging him to the ground for no reason. Then 65 for Cleveland pulls a d*ck move and shoves Rudolph in the back. I had about half a smidge of respect for Cleveland before all this, now I hope they completely implode and guys just end up quitting on Kitchens, he's a friggin' bullsh*t coach. Decent play designer/offensive coordinator, has no business being a head coach, his leadership qualities are equivalent to a baloney sandwich. 

Pouncey for Pittsburgh is gonna sit for a while too. Throwing punches and kicks like that on national TV, yeesh, not a good look at all. 

In conclusion, fudge Myles Garrett. Fudge that dude. 

I would love to see the field audio get released.  

Rudolph definitely deserves a suspension.  I don’t think the NFL cares that he’s a QB of them are in the playoffs.  That’s some dumb conspiracy stuff.  

Rudolph gave Garrett the idea by trying to take his helmet off.   I know there was a lot of chippiness before and that was a late hit, but Rudolph did plenty to set that entire situation off as much as Garrett.  Garrett then went extra crazy.  

If Rudolph doesn’t try to take his helmet or kick in the bullseye, nothing else happens.  He’s far from innocent 

• Like (+1) 1