Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

Just now, matter2003 said:

4 games initially...if he appeals i think it gets reduced to 3

It will be at last two (after appeal) that much I can adequately predict seeing Browns play Steelers in two weeks, and the NFL would not want that powder Keg ready to explode.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I saw you say exactly this in another post in a different thread,  Any proof of this?  Sounds like some crap you made up.  

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman said it looked like Rudolph's hand was stuck in Garrett's helmet.

FB_IMG_1573824925361.jpg

FB_IMG_1573824915429.jpg

Edited by cle23
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m with you. Garrett simply took it way too far, and I don’t condone it all. However, anyone who thinks Rudolph is purely a victim is mistaken. Judging by that  reaction, Rudolph said or did something that violated “man code” or something. Anyone who doesn’t feel that way has lived a sheltered life imo. Also funny how fans are less outraged when players do the same to women.  Once again, I don’t condone it, but save the faux outrage imo. 

"Man code" is one thing, slamming the helmet into his bare head is assault.

When a football player takes a helmet and slams it into a woman's head I'll be happy to get even more outraged.

58 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

not only a lamp but a pin??

Just busting chops Hap 

Lol ? 

What can I say?  The shoe fits ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Garrett - Season

Pouncey - 1 game for the kick (even though he did the right thing)

Agreed but I add Ogunjobi for 1 game for blindside hit on defenseless QB with no helmet. That hit came after Rudolph was hit with helmet and was completely uncalled for. If he wanted to protect Garrett he would have gone after Pouncey, not Rudolph. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Ban him for life. Assault with a deadly weapon...

That's the reality.  Regardless of the discipline they hand down, this guy is a dirty scumbag who can't control himself, and there's a 100% chance he'll do it again.  Next time, the swing is slightly more on target and we've got a dead QB on our hands.  Then all the Garrett defenders will stand around wringing their hands and say, yeah, the QB started it. They are, coincidentally, the same people that blame rape on the woman wearing a short skirt. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

This is absolutely nothing and totally irrelevant in my opinion.  He hardly B word slapped the guy, happens all the time.  Late hit....come on Simeon was just done throwing the ball.  We are nothing but a bunch of pansies nowadays.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Man code" is one thing, slamming the helmet into his bare head is assault.

When a football player takes a helmet and slams it into a woman's head I'll be happy to get even more outraged.

You should already be outraged by plenty of off field incidents. They were just as bad or worse than this, but to each their own. I don’t condone Garrett’s actions, and he should be punished accordingly. I’m just saying the outrage is a bit over the top imo. It’s so 21st century. 

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

FB_IMG_1573824925361.jpg

FB_IMG_1573824915429.jpg

Yeah Rudolph should be suspended but wont.  Reason - NFL Not going to suspend a QB in the middle of a playoff Chase.

Will suspend a DE though, but Rudolph's actions will be the mitigating circumstances that have the NFL make Garrett's suspension smaller than people are thinking it is going to be.

Not to mention the 3 on 1 that prompted Garrett's response (Maybe if the Steelers did want their QB hit they shouldn't have run a play down 14 with 8 seconds left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've been looking forward to posting about this. 

I watched the game till late in the 3rd, rooting on Cleveland. 

I roll into Planet Fitness and turn on the treadmill TV, and GMFB happened to be the last channel that was on. And then I saw what happened. 

I became enraged at that. If Myles isn't suspended for at least a full calendar year, then the commissioner clearly should be ousted. 

Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Rivers takes a helmet hit like that, I feel the other player is banned for life. 

I'm STILL upset. Even if Brady took that, my feelings don't change. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mattynh said:

you guys are nuts, Garrett one game, fines for some of the others.  This is football not thanksgiving dinner.

I think that they will give him at least 2, (keeps him out of the next Steelers vs Browns game.

Anyone thinking it is more is just putting their Well it will help the Bills in Playoff hunt glasses on.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, cle23 said:

FB_IMG_1573824925361.jpg

FB_IMG_1573824915429.jpg

In the top picture, it looked like Rudolph was using his leg to keep Garrett away.  Foot was way below the junk.  Not buying that one.

The bottom pic, you could be right.  Rudolph had his helmet off and was pissed.  Still doesn't justify what Garrett did.

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

I've been looking forward to posting about this. 

I watched the game till late in the 3rd, rooting on Cleveland. 

I roll into Planet Fitness and turn on the treadmill TV, and GMFB happened to be the last channel that was on. And then I saw what happened. 

I became enraged at that. If Myles isn't suspended for at least a full calendar year, then the commissioner clearly should be ousted. 

Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Rivers takes a helmet hit like that, I feel the other player is banned for life. 

I'm STILL upset. Even if Brady took that, my feelings don't change. 

Are you as upset at Rudolph going at Garrett's helmet and kicking and grabbing his junk?