Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I think the circumstances will make it very easy on the NFL to be arbitrary.  We will see I guess.  I'm just saying Garrett has not been the choir boy that is portrayed by him and some reporters.

But has he risen the the level of Suh or Burfict?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

there is room for flex due to the nfl being just so inconsistent on these things, but i get a sense that the general trend is towards harsher penalties for these kind of infractions.

someone, and i think garrett, is gonna get a slap bigger than what those guys did after multiple infractions.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Garrett should get at least 16 games, a lifetime suspension would be just.  He should also face a criminal charge of assault, he could have killed him.  This is McSorley/Bertuzzi country.  

I really hope this is you just trying to be funny.....but you missed the mark BIG TIME

No one deserves to be suspended on the Steelers. Rudolph was taken hard to the ground well after the pass and with 8 seconds to go. He was angry and trying to pry Garrett off of him and got his hands on his helmet. What happened afterwards is the ONLY thing anyone should be focusing on. As for Pouncey, all Steelers should be excused for their actions after what Garrett and the other Browns player did. It was beyond the pale and ineffingexcusable. That was George Atkinson/Jack Tatum-level stuff after a game of cheap shots by Cleveland. Two years of Gregg Williams, the excusing of the fighting and cheap shots (especially by Garrett) all season by Kitchins, the bringing on of a bad guy like Kareem Hunt, the trade for guys like Landry and ro a lesser extent Beckham, and this is what you get. That is a team that should be 7-3 based on talent, and they are 4-6.

The one silver lining is that the rivalry between these two teams is going to be ferocious going forward.

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Something happened on the ground between Rudolf and Garrett that triggered all this.   What was it?

Reaction to an unbelievably cheap shot by Garrett — he took rudolph hard to the ground well after the pass with 8 freaking seconds to play in a 21-7 game.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, colin said:

there is room for flex due to the nfl being just so inconsistent on these things, but i get a sense that the general trend is towards harsher penalties for these kind of infractions.

someone, and i think garrett, is gonna get a slap bigger than what those guys did after multiple infractions.

I think he is getting suspended. However I also believe it will be reduced on appeal and not be as bad as some are thinking. Initially said 2 down to 1. Might be 4 down to 2. When do they play Steelers again??  That IMO will be the final week of his suspension when all said and done. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

No one deserves to be suspended on the Steelers. Rudolph was taken hard to the ground well after the pass and with 8 seconds to go. He was angry and trying to pry Garrett off of him and got his hands on his helmet. What happened afterwards is the ONLY thing anyone should be focusing on. As for Pouncey, all Steelers should be excused for their actions after what Garrett and the other Browns player did. It was beyond the pale and ineffingexcusable. That was George Atkinson/Jack Tatum-level stuff after a game of cheap shots by Cleveland. Two years of Gregg Williams, the excusing of the fighting and cheap shots (especially by Garrett) all season by Kitchins, the bringing on of a bad guy like Kareem Hunt, the trade for guys like Landry and ro a lesser extent Beckham, and this is what you get. That is a team that should be 7-3 based on talent, and they are 4-6.

The one silver lining is that the rivalry between these two teams is going to be ferocious going forward.

if you are honestly trying to say that Rudolph got his hand stuck in his helmet and was just trying to get up you're kidding yourself. He kicked him in the junk and was trying to twist and yank his helmet while they were still on the ground.

Garrett drug him to the ground a little late but he didn't slam him down like you're saying. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The NFL is so bizarre and unpredictable with stuff like this.

I am going to say four games. It should be the rest of the season. They will screw it up some way. There is zero excuse for it, and it really could have injured Rudolph badly.

What say you?

I think the NFL wants to nip this in the bud and it will be for the remainder of the season, including playoffs if there are any for Browns

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

if you are honestly trying to say that Rudolph got his hand stuck in his helmet and was just trying to get up you're kidding yourself. He kicked him in the junk and was trying to twist and yank his helmet while they were still on the ground.

Garrett drug him to the ground a little late but he didn't slam him down like you're saying. 

He was angry after an unbelievably cheap shot, especially GIVEN THE CONTEXT. He took him down WAY too hard given (again) the context. I have watched it about 5 times. There were 8 effing seconds left in the game, and the score was out of reach. Eight. Effing. Seconds.

Garrett is a GREAT player, but he is also a straight-up thug. Of course, that’s partly why he is so good. 

5 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I don't think Myles has the pattern of aggression that those guys have had.

I also think that his actions last night elevated above those that Suh and Burfict inflicted, as habitually dangerous as they've been.

I am thinking initially it will look like a long one, but knowing it will be reduced by the independent arbitrator, that way the NFL (Godell) can say that we initially came down hard.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He was angry after an unbelievably cheap shot, especially GIVEN THE CONTEXT. He took him down WAY too hard given (again) the context. There were 8 effing seconds left in the game, and the score was out of reach. Eight. Effing. Seconds.

Garrett is a GREAT player, but he is also a straight-up thug. Of course, that’s partly why he is so good. 

This is like teams running up the score. If you don't want hit, don't run a play. That is on Tomlin, not Cleveland. The tackle on Rudolph wasn't hard, at all. There was more than enough time on the play clock to run out the game clock.

Garrett went way too far with the helmet. Rudolph was just as much at fault up to that point.

Edited by cle23
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don't think it matters what you think or I think.  The incident itself is probably higher profile that any incident from either.  If not, it is close.

I think there is a chance the NFL acts based on the court of public opinion.  Do I think that is consistent or correct?  Probably not.  Do I think it could happen?  Yes.  If it does will I think it is unfair?  Not really.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know you took some flack on this one, but while I don’t know about “worse”, the Gronkowski hit on Tre was certainly very dangerous.

Here's the clip:

gronkwat.0.gif

That's one of the most dangerous hits I've ever seen. He could have severely damaged Tre's neck and ended his career. No one seemed to care.

• Like (+1) 5