Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

And? If you walk by and give me a shove and then I knock you down, pick you up by your head and hit you in the head with a baseball bat are people going to stand around going, well he did push him?

Where have I said Garrett should not be suspended?

I also think Pouncey and Rudolph should be as well, and that is the point I am arguing on WHY Rudolph should be

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Not true. The HIT wasn't late but he threw him to the ground well after the play was over. That is almost always called as roughing the passer these days.

It was a continuation.  Sorry that play Happens all the time EVERY Sunday and you never see a QB react like Rudolph.  and he Didnt rag doll him either, he didnt land with all his weight.  He actually Pulled him down ON TOP of him, that is how the league would lik sacks to occur the QB NOT taking the brunt of the hit

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by MAJBobby

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess that would be why McDermott had to bring the topic up in a team meeting and be sure we're all on the same page?

Andre Reed weighs in:

Andre Reed also has a poll going down if you're on Twitter and wish to weigh in:

I'll say this about Hughes' tweet - he speaks a truth that a lot of people try to ignore.  It is a very, very violent game, and you have to have a taste for violence to succeed at it. Again:

Image result for they call me assassin"

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kitchens, now that's interesting.  Say more

Considering the tone of the entire game wiht another brown getting thrown out and additional helmet to helmet hits by the browns, considering Garrett's additional transgressions this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the coach is penalized too. Need to make sure he has his team under control, and as a first time head coach who probably doesn't have much of a clue as to what he's doing - a suspension will help him focus on keeping the team at a professional level.

3 minutes ago, Bob in NoCal said:

This may have been pointed out upthread, but currently 129 out of 131 votes say Garrett should be suspended. That’s 98.5%.  I totally agree with this, and also believe Pouncey should get one game for his actions, which went beyond defending his quarterback.

don't let the trolls spoil our enjoyment.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Where have I said Garrett should not be suspended?

I also think Pouncey and Rudolph should be as well, and that is the point I am arguing on WHY Rudolph should be

With you having about 50% of all the responses in this thread, I'm trying to figure out why, but I'm torn between Garrett is your boyfriend or you just broke up with Mason. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Garrett rest of season

Pouncey 2 games

The Pittsburgh player that kicked the guy in the head on the ground 4 games

Rudolph should get suspended 1 game for douchebaggery for initiating the fight with Garrett and then throwing his arms up looking for a flag when the game was effectively over.

My guess is just Garrett and Pouncey get any discipline.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

It was a continuation.  Sorry that play Happens all the time EVERY Sunday and you never see a QB react like Rudolph

Oh, I completely agree that Rudolph over reacted. I am sure he was frustrated after having a crappy night and just wanted to get out of there. Just saying it was an unnecessary body slam by Garrett.  Not the worst I have seen by a long shot though...

Not gonna read through 20 pages, but my initial reaction after watching in slow motion was that Rudolph got salty that Garrett tried to take him down at the end of the game and so he tried going after Garrett's helmet.  Garrett didn't like that and proceeded to dominate Rudolph in response.  But Garrett took it too far when he used the helmet as a weapon on a helmetless person's head. 

O-linemen were just doing what they were supposed to but imo DeCastro did the smart thing by just laying on Garrett until he cools off (he must have been a fat kid all his life because that's a bread and butter move for fat kids).  Pouncey also took it too far with the kicks and punches, but not to the extent that Garrett did.

It sucks because I can see based on the chain of events why Garrett got so heated, and I know how he felt in that moment, but he still went too far.   

And clearly everyone involved on the field had some serious adrenaline pumping.  It was hilarious to see Rudolph so upset, because in a 1 on 1 Garrett would kill him with his bare hands.  Feisty little guy.  

Edited by Capco
Edited for many name mix ups
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Oh, I completely agree that Rudolph over reacted. I am sure he was frustrated after having a crappy night and just wanted to get out of there. Just saying it was an unnecessary body slam by Garrett.  Not the worst I have seen by a long shot though...

How is it a Body Slam when Garrett pulled him down ON top of Garrett?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

How is it a Body Slam when Garrett pulled him down ON top of Garrett?

lol. I knew you would challenge "body slam".  Ok, it was an unnecessary take down, well after the ball had been released. Not the worst ever, but enough to get a roughing the passer call most days.

"rest of the season" is not an acceptable result.

It needs to be a number, that number can effectively be the rest of the season (ie 6+) but the precedent needs to be a number. If this happened on the last week or the first week it changes what "rest of the season" means.

I would like to see 10 games for garret and perhaps a single game for , Pouncy & Ogunjobi. I am on the fence about Masons culpability. It is not zero.

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

lol. I knew you would challenge "body slam".  Ok, it was an unnecessary take down, well after the ball had been released. Not the worst ever, but enough to get a roughing the passer call most days.

I agree, and that should really have been the end of it.  I cant even recall if there was a flag on the play for that.  Now I know there would have been one if Garrett went and drove him into the ground with his Body weight, but it really looked to me that he tried to do what the NFL wants there and that is why that really never got flagged

Interesting no discipline for the QB.  Not really interesting I knew the NFL would not touch a QB to a team in the middle of a playoff chase

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Garrett will be gone for the season.  I don't think this would have happened originally, but the number of current and former NFL players publicly stating that he should be gone for the season will give the NFL a huge black eye should they do anything less.  

Pouncy likely gets 1 game.  Most current and former NFL players were in agreement that they would have done something similar.  Not a good look though.  

Rudolph getting suspended is ridiculous.  (1) he didn't "start it," (2) the shoving between him and Garrett was the usual 15 yard post-whistle stuff until Garrett escalated it.