Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

28 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

Walk up to them and tackle them.
Walk up to them and throw a football at them at 40 miles an hour.

Walk up to them and scream to them to get to the fukking line of scrimmage in 4 seconds.

Anything that happens out of context is illegal.

This would be closer to a hitter charging the mound and swinging a baseball bat at the pitcher.

The Steelers should be pressing charges. 

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Let me know when the pitcher removes the batter's helmet before tossing that fast ball. Then MAYBE you'll have a point.

This league has spent millions in equipment, team physicians, and marketing to ensure the world knows they will do everything they can to protect a player taking a blow to the head. You can't watch what happened last night and explain it's just 'part of the game.' Which is precisely what you implied withe false equivalent.

Honestly, suggesting fans have selective outrage feels a lot like you're just trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Because the helmet makes a fastball to the nugget safe?

A bunch of Helen Lovejoys...

Mason Rudolph is fine btw.  Loosen the grip on those pearls.

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Because the helmet makes a fastball to the nugget safe?

A bunch of Helen Lovejoys...

Mason Rudolph is fine btw.  Loosen the grip on those pearls.

Is this how courts look at assault or attempted murder?

Well you didn't actually severely injure or murder the person, so it's fine.

LMAO

What!?!?

54 minutes ago, mattynh said:

you guys are nuts, Garrett one game, fines for some of the others.  This is football not thanksgiving dinner.

Yeah, you're right, typical football, happens every week. ?

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous take. Hitting an unprotected player over the head with a helmet is NOT part of football.  I am all for violence within the confines of the rules, but this is way outside of those lines.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Showing that there are mitigating circumstances that the NFL will take into consideration and why this will not be as big of a suspension as people are thinking.  

Seeing as how week 11 is in the books for the Browns, a suspension for the remainder of the season isn't as harsh as it sounds.

While Rudolph could have handled the situation differently, I don't know that anything he did does much to mitigate Garrett trying to brain him. Had Garrett thrown a punch I'd be a lot more sympathetic to his position, but a guy getting in your face in a situation where you face no serious threat of bodily harm does not in any way justify the use of life-threatening force.

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic. We take for granted that he missed, but that was clearly not his intent. Had he accomplished what he set out to do the most likely outcome is serious head trauma to a guy who had a concussion a few weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Seeing as how week 11 is in the books for the Browns, a suspension for the remainder of the season isn't as harsh as it sounds.

While Rudolph could have handled the situation differently, I don't know that anything he did does much to mitigate Garrett trying to brain him. Had Garrett thrown a punch I'd be a lot more sympathetic to his position, but a guy getting in your face in a situation where you face no serious threat of bodily harm does not in any way justify the use of life-threatening force.

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic. We take for granted that he missed, but that was clearly not his intent. Had he accomplished what he set out to do the most likely outcome is serious head trauma to a guy who had a concussion a few weeks ago. 

Doesnt Matter and SHOULDNT matter.

Did Garrett escalate to far - Yep he did

But cant look at it in a Bowl.  You have to take in account Rudolph going after Garretts Helmet, Rudolphs Kick to the Junk, Rudolphs Grabbing the junk all while being backed up from Pouncey and DeCastro.

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, you're right, typical football, happens every week. ?

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous take. Hitting an unprotected player over the head with a helmet is NOT part of football.  I am all for violence within the confines of the rules, but this is way outside of those lines.

he's obvious a troll

• Like (+1) 1

Mr. Garrett, would you please tell us what was going through your mind when you took a helmet and deliberately swung it at someone's head with full force?

Tough one to get around at NFL HQ and hopefully court for criminal charges.