Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You tap Brady's helmet and it's 15 yards. 

Hit a QB in the head with his own effin' helmet?

That piece of ***** should be done for life. Cut tomorrow and never picked up by anyone ever.

He is also flat-out one of the best players in the league. An uncomfortable truth about the NFL that still applies despite all the talk about player safety:

image.jpeg.74b5f7608fee645a09798bedb88a7413.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

As big and strong as he is, that is a potentially lethal blow. Seriously. A season off sounds about right.

16 games. The remainder of the season plus 10 games next year, minimum.

Then, #65 acts like a punk azz and knocks Rudolph down from behind. He should get 2-3 games and a hefty fine too.

Yup.  He needs to be made an example of to prevent it from happening and someone actually getting killed on a field.  That would be the end of the NFL.

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

This is like teams running up the score. If you don't want hit, don't run a play. That us on Tomlin, not Cleveland. The tackle on Rudolph wasn't hard, at all. 

Garrett went way too far with the helmet. Rudolph was just as much at fault up to that point.

Teams run harmless short passes like that ALLof the time at the end of games, and that sort of mayhem never happens. Keep excusing it though. Blaming Tomlin is certainly a novel concept, though.

• Like (+1) 1

Never seen anything like that in all my years of watching NFL football.      Garrett should get at LEAST the rest of this year and the first game of next year.   Maybe more.

If players can be banned for hitting a woman or other despicable off-field behavior, this to me is just as bad.      The NFLPA has to support tough justice on this as well... 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the clip:

gronkwat.0.gif

That's one of the most dangerous hits I've ever seen. He could have severely damaged Tre's neck and ended his career. No one seemed to care.

Brown really needed to take matters into his own hanew there.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This is like teams running up the score. If you don't want hit, don't run a play. That us on Tomlin, not Cleveland. The tackle on Rudolph wasn't hard, at all. 

Garrett went way too far with the helmet. Rudolph was just as much at fault up to that point.

I’m with you. Garrett simply took it way too far, and I don’t condone it all. However, anyone who thinks Rudolph is purely a victim is mistaken. Judging by that  reaction, Rudolph said or did something that violated “man code” or something. Anyone who doesn’t feel that way has lived a sheltered life imo. Also funny how fans are less outraged when players do the same to women.  Once again, I don’t condone it, but save the faux outrage imo. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, cle23 said:

if you are honestly trying to say that Rudolph got his hand stuck in his helmet and was just trying to get up you were lying to yourself. He kicked him in the junk and was trying to twist and yank his helmet while they were still on the ground.

Garrett drug him to the ground a little late but he didn't slam him down like you're saying. 

I saw you say exactly this in another post in a different thread,  Any proof of this?  Sounds like some crap you made up.  

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman said it looked like Rudolph's hand was stuck in Garrett's helmet.

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m with you. Garrett simply took it way too far, and I don’t condone it all. However, anyone who thinks Rudolph is purely a victim is mistaken. Judging by that  reaction, Rudolph said or did something that violated “man code” or something. Anyone who doesn’t feel that way has lived a sheltered life imo. Also funny how fans are less outraged when players do the same to women.  Once again, I don’t condone it, but save the faux outrage imo. 

I've never seen anyone NOT outraged by one of these cretins beating a woman.

Pouncy did the right thing and at best get 1 game but I honestly think he should get nothing. Myles Garrett should have criminal charges brought against him, that's assault with a weapon, remember Todd Bertuzzi? This is a similar situation we're just lucky Rudolph didn't get hurt badly. That being said Garrett should get a minimum of 2 years if not a lifetime ban. Everyone else involved should at best be a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've never seen anyone NOT outraged by one of these cretins beating a woman.

I agree, I’m just saying it’s become second nature to just forget about it. In reality, the NFL needs better discipline both on and off the field. Maybe things like this wouldn’t happen. My point is that people will be outraged about this, and never forget it. Garrett is permanently public enemy number one of the fans and media for the rest of his career, while a guy like AP will continue to be worshipped by fans and media. AP’s transgressions were far more disturbing to me than Garrett’s imo. 

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the clip:

gronkwat.0.gif

That's one of the most dangerous hits I've ever seen. He could have severely damaged Tre's neck and ended his career. No one seemed to care.

I agree. We can discuss relativity all day long, but it was late, cheap, unprovoked and TW had no ability to defend himself. It forever changed the way I looked at Grinkowski.  Deliberate attempt to injure, scumbag move, and the penalty from the NFL was garbage.