Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

11 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Black guy hitting White guy with helmet in the head. No wonder Cleveland police was there. (sarcasm)

Truth be told for anyone to hit any guy especially a guy coming off of concussion in the head with a helmet deserves a year suspension. Wonder if Garrett hit Rudolph in the temple. That could have killed him. Anything less than a year then that would set a bad precedent that your helmet can be used as a form of a weapon. 

I know it won’t happen but they should fine Freddie Kitchens a game for making lite of what Garrett did to Rudolph. 

I don’t think other players see 6 games instead of 16 and think to themselves “oh shoot you mean I can start hitting guys with their own helmet?!?”

I suspect rest of the season but would be fine with longer too though.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

The real question should be: what will his sentence be for assault and battery? 

I'm still working through this thread but if the NFL doesn't act swiftly and harshly I'd expect the Cleveland DA to level charges.  It would be the height of hypocrisy if they don't because there's a ton of guys sitting in the pokey in Cleveland for lesser offenses and it would be a real bad idea to set a precedent that this sort of behavior is acceptable.

Just now, dorquemada said:

I'm still working through this thread but if the NFL doesn't act swiftly and harshly I'd expect the Cleveland DA to level charges.  It would be the height of hypocrisy if they don't because there's a ton of guys sitting in the pokey in Cleveland for lesser offenses and it would be a real bad idea to set a precedent that this sort of behavior is acceptable.

If they game had been in Pittsburgh this very well could happen.  In Cleveland the prosecuting attorney is an elected position.  And the forces of democracy would be outraged if he was arrested and removed from the Browns.  If he was a scrub, he might be made an example of. But don't see it happening for a star play. 

20 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Rudolph was the aggressor in normal football pile pushing and pulling. Garrett then escalated it to a different level, a level I have never seen. The closest is when Albert Haynesworth stepped on a guys head who had lost his helmet (he received 5 games). The fact that it was a glancing blow was fortunate as he had a Steeler lineman holding him back so he could not get a good swing. This will be minimum 5 games and I would suspect a 6 game suspension which will not be reduced (plenty of time for some real clubbing).

As for the baseball analogy with the pitcher throwing toward the head of the batter .. a couple simple differences 1) The batter is wearing a helmet. 2) the batter is looking for the ball because pitchers throw the ball toward the area where the batter is standing .. kinda part of the game. A better analogy would be the the batter says something to the catcher that he doesn't like and the catcher gets up, rips off the batter's helmet and clubs the batter with it.

I say it’s more like ripping the bat out of a batters hands and hitting him with it, or ripping a skate off a hockey player and going after him with the blade. Taking the most dangerous piece of equipment away from a player and literally weaponize it against him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I watched it a few times. initially you can see as they're wrestling around rudolph pulling on garrets helmet and that must of really ignited him and it was on.

garrett should be banned from ever seeing another snap in the nfl. rudolph should see at least two games and the linemen fines.

if they do anything other then that, the nfl is really ***** up!

• Like (+1) 1

I think it needs to go into next year. Probably the rest of this year and half of next year. I also think the guy needs to get another chance. He has no history of any kind of incident like this and it is clear that he lost his cool in the moment. While what he did his horrible and really dumb, I don't think he should be banned for life. Just my 2 cents. 

I will also just mention that the NFL is full of it. They will promote the Browns-Steelers rematch like crazy and probably flex the damn game.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it needs to go into next year. Probably the rest of this year and half of next year. I also think the guy needs to get another chance. He has no history of any kind of incident like this and it is clear that he lost his cool in the moment. While what he did his horrible and really dumb, I don't think he should be banned for life. Just my 2 cents. 

I will also just mention that the NFL is full of it. They will promote the Browns-Steelers rematch like crazy and probably flex the damn game.  

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There are many people in prison for losing their cool in the moment.  It is 100% certain that Garrett and the other Brown head hunters knew Rudolph had a significant concussion earlier this year.  Garrets losing his "cool in the moment' could very easily have ended Rudolph's career.   A year of lost salary to think about that might not be in appropriate. 

20 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I know I am late, but this MF'er should be arrested for assault (it's probable already been said upthread).  It's players and actions like this, that are driving me away from the NFL. 

Don’t be such a creampuff.

Rudolph was going after Garrett and Garrett was acting in self-defense. And hit Rudolph with the soft part of the helmet.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Black guy hitting White guy with helmet in the head. No wonder Cleveland police was there. (sarcasm)

Truth be told for anyone to hit any guy especially a guy coming off of concussion in the head with a helmet deserves a year suspension. Wonder if Garrett hit Rudolph in the temple. That could have killed him. Anything less than a year then that would set a bad precedent that your helmet can be used as a form of a weapon. 

I know it won’t happen but they should fine Freddie Kitchens a game for making lite of what Garrett did to Rudolph. 

So Freddie is very very bad at this 

• Like (+1) 1

As big and strong as he is, that is a potentially lethal blow. Seriously. A season off sounds about right.

16 games. The remainder of the season plus 10 games next year, minimum.

Then, #65 acts like a punk azz and knocks Rudolph down from behind. He should get 2-3 games and a hefty fine too.