Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

This quote, while obviously not apples to apples talking about his multiple fines to start the season, isn’t going to play well with whoever has the decision:

“If I’m going to go out there and make some plays," he said, "make a lot of plays and at the backend I might get an unnecessary roughness every three or four games, I don’t want to make it a habit, it’s not something I want to do, but if that’s what happens and I’m still making big plays consistently, I guess that’s my toll.”

In other words, losing a little money isn’t going to change him.

“I’m still going to play football the same way,” he said.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Am I crazy or was this no worse than the hit Gronk put on Tre White? That was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen and no seemed to really care.

I think Garrett will be suspended the rest of the season.

I know you took some flack on this one, but while I don’t know about “worse”, the Gronkowski hit on Tre was certainly very dangerous.  Gronkowski at 230lbs hit a guy laying face down on what amounts to padded concrete, with a running start, after the play was long over. Tre said after the play “he could have broken my neck”.  He clearly was hurt after the play and entered concussion protocol. 

The NFLs actions on that incident were egregiously soft in the context of the leagues supposed commitment to player safety, and it’s no wonder things escalate later on. 

• Like (+1) 1

In the age of player safety, you have a player rip off another players helmet and then bash him in the head with it. This isnt even a small db, this is one of the largest men in NFL that had the strength to put up 33 reps at the combine. He could have killed him if it hit in the wrong spot. He should be done for the year and have to go in front of a committee panel next year to see if he even plays at all next year and repeat for every year after. Just crazy...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Talk about false equivalency. 

Rudolph was the aggressor. 

Rudolph was the aggressor in normal football pile pushing and pulling. Garrett then escalated it to a different level, a level I have never seen. The closest is when Albert Haynesworth stepped on a guys head who had lost his helmet (he received 5 games). The fact that it was a glancing blow was fortunate as he had a Steeler lineman holding him back so he could not get a good swing. This will be minimum 5 games and I would suspect a 6 game suspension which will not be reduced (plenty of time for some real clubbing).

As for the baseball analogy with the pitcher throwing toward the head of the batter .. a couple simple differences 1) The batter is wearing a helmet. 2) the batter is looking for the ball because pitchers throw the ball toward the area where the batter is standing .. kinda part of the game. A better analogy would be the the batter says something to the catcher that he doesn't like and the catcher gets up, rips off the batter's helmet and clubs the batter with it.

Black guy hitting White guy with helmet in the head. No wonder Cleveland police was there. (sarcasm)

Truth be told for anyone to hit any guy especially a guy coming off of concussion in the head with a helmet deserves a year suspension. Wonder if Garrett hit Rudolph in the temple. That could have killed him. Anything less than a year then that would set a bad precedent that your helmet can be used as a form of a weapon. 

I know it won’t happen but they should fine Freddie Kitchens a game for making lite of what Garrett did to Rudolph. 

Edited by Protocal69

Honestly, I wouldn't be that bothered if they banned Myles for life. Even with the mitigating circumstances, his actions are still criminal.

That being said, I'm not particularly of the mind that Rudolph didn't deserve it. Rips at a guys helmet on the floor, kicks him in the groin, throws a punch, tries to grab his dick again? He should expect to get ***** up.

I'm not sure that the NFL will punish Pouncey for kicking a man on the floor either.

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Am I crazy or was this no worse than the hit Gronk put on Tre White? That was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen and no seemed to really care.

I think Garrett will be suspended the rest of the season.

Yeah, the outrage around the league is funny considering no one cared much about the Gronk hit. I guess that’s privilege you get being the big dumb funny guy on the Pats. That still disgusts me. Not saying the Garrett thing wasn’t awful, but man.