Steelers Browns: who should get suspended and how long?

Kelly the Dog

Which Players Should be Suspended?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. After Garrett's late hit in Rudolph, who should get suspended?

2. 2. What should the length of the suspension be for Garrett?

• 1 game
    • 3 games
    • Rest of This Season
    • Indefinite - there's no place for that
  3. 3. What should the length of the suspension be for Pouncey

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The NFL is so bizarre and unpredictable with stuff like this.

I am going to say four games. It should be the rest of the season. They will screw it up some way. There is zero excuse for it, and it really could have injured Rudolph badly.

What say you?

If he played for Cheaters maybe four games but since he plays for someone else could see it as much as 16 games or life

31 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hopefully forever any trouble the Browns can face I will happily watch.

I've never flipped on a team so quickly as the Browns were always a lovable loser type team.  I could always say, "well, JP and EJ were horrible first round picks but at least they weren't Couch, Quinn, Weeden, or Manziel."  We had "wide right" and "forward pass" but at least it wasn't at home to the same team like "the drive" and "the fumble."  We've been through some rough decades but we never lost our franchise only to see them win the Super Bowl in another city a couple years later.  Plus, the coach we fired is now the best who ever coached.

Now the combination of Mayfield, Landry, Hunt, and OBJ makes them very easy to root against now.

Edited by Doc Brown

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You're one of the few posters in this thread making sense.

I find the level of "outrage" at this ultimately meaningless incident as really bizarre and kind of humorous.

These guys are out here destroying their bodies an turning themselves into brainless zombies all the time, whether you notice it or not.  A little scrap like this is almost harmless in comparison to a 10 year career, just from the brain trauma aspect of it, let alone the abuse to joints, organs, and everything else.

Let's try a little experiment: walk out onto the street and club someone over the head with a football helmet, then get back to us about what happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

These suspensions are mostly about PR. This incident happened on a nationally televised game and is being covered fairy heavily by the national press. Therefore, I suspect a relatively stiff suspension for a first time incident, maybe 4 games. This, of course, will be appealed and probably reduced to 2.

Edited by vincec

Rest of season ... and I know in the heat of the moment in Garrett's melon this is lost .. but Rudolph also was victim of vicious hit that knocked him unconscious earlier this season.  My point is swinging a helmet at that guy's head is even more out of line.  He's not the best QB, but I've earned even more respect for Rudolph's toughness as he didn't back down and hats off to Pouncey ... that's protecting your brother post altercation .. mad props to him as well.

Edited by WideRightRevenge

Kelly I had the same though - the NFL will find a way to avoid doing the right and obvious thing - they will somehow screw this up.  Hope I’m wrong.

Also, the fact that the Browns players, to a man, condemned this, is good for the team long-term.  Kitchens will be fired soon and if they get the next hire right, watch out.  

5 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Talk about false equivalency. 

Rudolph was the aggressor. 

Garrett was laying on top of him long after he threw the ball and he was trying to get him off. 

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

These suspensions are mostly about PR. This incident happened on a nationally televised game and is being covered fairy heavily by the national press. Therefore, I suspect a relatively stiff suspension for a first time incident, maybe 4 games. This, of course, will be appealed and probably reduced to 2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How did I know there'd be Garrett defenders out here today?

Way of the world these days.

You tried comparing this to hitting a random person walking down the street over the head with a helmet....

Rudolph instigated this interaction and voluntarily continued to engage at every point.  

Just now, Shortchaz said:

You tried comparing this to hitting a random person walking down the street over the head with a helmet....

Rudolph instigated this interaction and voluntarily continued to engage at every point.  

Horrible post. See the twitter link above for instances of Garrett's thuggery THIS SEASON.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Garrett was laying on top of him long after he threw the ball and he was trying to get him off. 

Early in the year wasn’t he the dude saying he wasn’t going to change his play to fit the nfl rules?

hes about to get hit with a lesson