Quincy Enunwa the latest Jet to put team on blast

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What is it about NFL contract language that makes players the equivalent of meat to be tenderized any way the team likes?

Did the guy screw up?   Sure.   Did he commit a heinous crime, drink baby's blood, irreparibly hurt or embarass his team?    Nope.   

So what other company in any other field would fine -- and then publically call out that indescretion to his fellow workers -- the way Gase did here?  

maybe a little dramatic?

dude skipped two mandatory appointments and got fined 1 days pay (if you split his annual income 365 ways). Do you think that’s unfair?

they post their penalties. Not my favorite approach but we’re really at the did he drink baby’s blood to deserve that? 

if I ditched out of work unannounced a few times in a week I’d imagine my paycheck would be docked and HR might send out a reminder of policy email to the team. I’m not saying the jets were ideal here but Quincy stands out more to me.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 3

On 11/14/2019 at 10:12 PM, Questionable said:

Enough is enough with these players taking to social media crying because they got punished, fined, benched, etc. 

Its beyond ridiculous, and unprofessional. 

This guy takes a 4 day weekend, doesn't show up to work, doesn't call off to tell work he won't be there, then gets mad he's been penalized?   In the real world you'd be fired buddy. 

The league needs to come down hard on these social media posts.  

1st offense - mandatory 4 game suspension without pay. 

2nd offense - mandatory 8 game suspension without pay. 

3rd offense - mandatory 16 game suspension without pay and team rights to terminate players contract without repercussions. 

Enough is enough all ready. 

You’re right,   Enough is enough, stop siding with the multi billion dollar corporate monopoly, nuthin but luv, but come on man.... the NFL is not your friend.

13 hours ago, Lurker said:

What is it about NFL contract language that makes players the equivalent of meat to be tenderized any way the team likes?

Did the guy screw up?   Sure.   Did he commit a heinous crime, drink baby's blood, irreparibly hurt or embarass his team?    Nope.   

So what other company in any other field would fine -- and then publically call out that indescretion to his fellow workers -- the way Gase did here?  

Look - I don’t agree with the approach of posting fines, but Gase is not alone in thinking that works to motivate.  It calls the attention of the player and the team - that you can’t do this and it shows that there is no favorites - everyone is treated the same.

Since Gase has been doing this from his Miami days - why is Quincy surprised and mad that it was posted?  He was not alone or singled out.  Other fines were posted and I am sure this is one of the ways of notifying the players because they have to get notification of all fines.  

This blow-up is not about the fine - Quincy screwed up (not Gase) - he did not follow mandatory protocol for missing time - protocols that every team have in place about notifications of absence.  This is about the players having a lack of respect in general for the organization and this being a rallying point.

The fact is this was minor and created a huge issue in that locker room - just think if he had been on a team like the Pats.  Those players if they think a storm is coming into the area - end up staying at the hotel at the field because Belicheck does not accept any reason for being late.  He has fined and suspended and even cut guys that were a few minutes late during crazy blizzards.  They did a piece about this where the players basically tell their spouse to get a company to shovel them out or start a generator for them  - they will be at practice.

49 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

How many of you can miss work without any notice without any sort of consequence?

Obviously it’s not the fact he was fined that is the issue. It’s that he felt like putting his organization on blast publically about it and his it’s handled.  After osemele did the same thing. And Enunwa says a bunch of other players calling it BS. That’s a lack of respect for the Jets leadership and a culture of distrust. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You’re right,   Enough is enough, stop siding with the multi billion dollar corporate monopoly, nuthin but luv, but come on man.... the NFL is not your friend.

Your argument undermines your credibility on this issue. All you've communicated is that you are incapable of forming an objective and impartial opinion because of your extreme bias against one side due to factors that are immaterial to the discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Your argument undermines your credibility on this issue. All you've communicated is that you are incapable of forming an objective and impartial opinion because of your extreme bias against one side due to factors that are immaterial to the discussion.

Interestingly narrow view,  Enjoy today’s game, we will win this one, hopefully by a large margin.

Go, Bills Employees!!!!

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Interestingly narrow view,  Enjoy today’s game, we will win this one, hopefully by a large margin.

Go, Bills Employees!!!!

That doesn't even make sense, but whatever. I didn't expect anything resembling a coherent thought from the likes of you.

Enjoy the game.

On 11/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, Watkins101 said:

Freedom of speech?

Pretty clear you don't understand the legal definition or Constitutional intent behind that portion of the Bill of Rights if you're using it for justification here.

Regardless of the fact "freedom of speech" is Constitutionally protected, your job can place legally enforceable restrictions on what you publicly divulge.

I suppose the plays for the next game can just be put out on Facebook too?

Or the code to an encryption system for a financial institution?

None of those are protected under the Constitution if the job you've chosen to accept restricts its release.

And besides - it shouldn't HAVE to be restricted. He should ask in advance for the time when you're making millions/per year (or less - doesn't really matter, but that amount of $ does increase the expectation of execution) and quit being a B word afterward.

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That doesn't even make sense, but whatever. I didn't expect anything resembling a coherent thought from the likes of you.

Enjoy the game.

Ooh, the likes of me, now that says a lot about the likes of you,

Enjoy the game as well,