Quincy Enunwa the latest Jet to put team on blast

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Nelius said:

Regardless of how much he may have been in the wrong or not, blasting a player's fine on a screen like that is ridiculously absurd. So unprofessional. It reminds me of some fresh out of college sales floors I was on in the early 2000's, and those were horrible, doomed to fail organizations just like the Jets. I wonder if they let the well-behaved Jets tap a keg at 4:30 on Fridays.

Hey, it's Jordan Belfort!

12 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Cue the bootlickers that will defend the team on this one

Why can't it be both?  Player does the wrong thing, followed by team doing same?  There's plenty of blame for everybody here....

40 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Some of the people in this thread seem like they'd be terrible bosses (I say this as a boss). 

Re: Gase, we're talking about a guy who dumped Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for speaking out, and in 10 games including three in the post season, Ajayi ran for 584 yards and at 5.3 ypc rate. In three postseason games, he ran for 184 yards at a 4.4 ypc rate (and had 9 carries for 57 yards in the SB). He got hurt the next season, but that's an unpredictable thing. Regardless, he was excellent for a SB-winning team. 

Gase also dumped Jordan Phillips and got rid of Jarvis Landry for not being "Gase culture" guys. Phillips has been excellent for the Bills, and Larvis, while unlikeable, is a great player. 

Gase seems like a Queeg-like automaton when he speaks, and the history of his actions back that assessment up. 

Dz8uKfuVsAAnvrm.jpg:large

• Haha (+1) 2

I mean its kind of ridiculous that he is on IR and has to be there at certain times at the facility for treatments but it is what it is. He has virtually no responsibility right now and still is getting paid, so he should at least be able to handle that no matter what he personally thinks of it.

Had to take your wife out for lunch? No you didn't. Could have done breakfast or dinner instead. Just an excuse.

An emergency at the house might be OK but I'm pretty sure you should have called the team before just skipping out on your only responsibility to pick up a sizeable game check.

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Fans make me ill to think about. Players lay it on the line every game but the fans basically want the players to play for free and then kiss the owners ass while said owner is overcharging fans and in the Bills case putting an terrible product on the field. 

People who compare players on a football team to being like employees are their crumb ass job is a joke. Get well Quincy

Play for free? 

Its a job, like any other job. Doesn't matter what it is.   These atheletes are paid well, period.   This guy is getting paid 25k a day, 365.  He misses two days, unexcused.  Hes docked his pay.  Its not excessive.  Its business. 

These players need to grow up and keep their complaints out of social media.  

Kids follow these players and they blow up the media with curses and complete disrespect for the league and team that gave them everything. 

It makes ME ill. 

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

He's on IR.   The same as long-term disability or maternity leave for the rest of us.   

How many companies do you know that fine (and embarrass) L-T disability employees for not going to the doctor or calling in every morning to report that they're still alive?

That’s absolutely not the same. 

he has a job where his work place has rights in the contract to be involved in his treatment. 

it’s like he was given alternate tasks to perform at work to accommodate for an injury and he decided he didn’t need to do those tasks or report that he wouldn’t be showing up.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

he has a job where his work place has rights in the contract to be involved in his treatment. 

it’s like he was given alternate tasks to perform at work to accommodate for an injury and he decided he didn’t need to do those tasks or report that he wouldn’t be showing up.

Fining him is fining him.  Putting it on a big screen for all to see is the act of a moron who thinks he knows how to motivate people but is actually horrible at that.  I hope the Jets keep Gase forever.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Fans make me ill to think about. Players lay it on the line every game but the fans basically want the players to play for free and then kiss the owners ass while said owner is overcharging fans and in the Bills case putting an terrible product on the field. 

People who compare players on a football team to being like employees are their crumb ass job is a joke. Get well Quincy

Then no offense, but what on earth are you doing posting on a fan football blog site?  Do you enjoy feeling ill or something?

One of my first jobs I had when I was a kid, the owners would put "shame" notes on a board right by the time clock for everyone to see. You left the outside lights on, didn't stock the milk, etc. That's what this seems like. Bush league

17 hours ago, Questionable said:

Play for free? 

Its a job, like any other job. Doesn't matter what it is.   These atheletes are paid well, period.   This guy is getting paid 25k a day, 365.  He misses two days, unexcused.  Hes docked his pay.  Its not excessive.  Its business. 

These players need to grow up and keep their complaints out of social media.  

Kids follow these players and they blow up the media with curses and complete disrespect for the league and team that gave them everything. 

It makes ME ill. 

Hey, the president does this pretty much everyday so why can't athletes? 

14 hours ago, NoSaint said:

What is it about NFL contract language that makes players the equivalent of meat to be tenderized any way the team likes?

Did the guy screw up?   Sure.   Did he commit a heinous crime, drink baby's blood, irreparibly hurt or embarass his team?    Nope.   

So what other company in any other field would fine -- and then publically call out that indescretion to his fellow workers -- the way Gase did here?  

2 hours ago, dhg said:

One of my first jobs I had when I was a kid, the owners would put "shame" notes on a board right by the time clock for everyone to see. You left the outside lights on, didn't stock the milk, etc. That's what this seems like. Bush league

I’d guess Enuwa makes more in one day than those employees made in a year. To the underpaid it’s an insult, to a guy making millions it should be a wake up call. Want the money or not?