Quincy Enunwa the latest Jet to put team on blast

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, EXACTLY what happened is that he decided not to tell the team until after he no call no showed his job twice in a week, and the team decided not only to fine him, but to embarrass him with a ridiculously unprofessional public spectacle.  

What the hell sort of a (*^*&%^$^#organization publishes employee punishments on a big-screen TV?  I mean...people here think that's okay?  That it's an appropriate management practice?

I mean, it’s insane in a standard workplace but I also don’t get pumped full of painkillers or have my boss curse at me as one might see in an nfl locker room. I’ve never had a Ritchie incognito at the desk next to me. 

and I’d say that it’s not the only locker room doing this

it wouldn’t be my own leadership choice but I’m highly skeptical this is a Gase original idea from what we’ve heard through the years

i enjoy he got Darryl Roberts spot blown up by not effectively covering his name on the list below his fine and also posted their home hotel info too though ?

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

Regardless of how much he may have been in the wrong or not, blasting a player's fine on a screen like that is ridiculously absurd. So unprofessional. It reminds me of some fresh out of college sales floors I was on in the early 2000's, and those were horrible, doomed to fail organizations just like the Jets. I wonder if they let the well-behaved Jets tap a keg at 4:30 on Fridays.

22 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, Damien Woody said on twitter that it's not common. 

the flip side that comes to mind is a guy like Gregg Williams publicly (at least publicly in their house) fining guys for a variety of arbitrary offenses he made up outside the CBA (but including being late or missing events) to fund his “bounties” across several teams.

publicly taking money out of a guys pocket for not following the program is not unheard of. Again, not that greggs who I’m looking to for leadership but commenting on whether it’s unusual in this setting

Edited by NoSaint

I feel like there’s so much context with these things, and as an employer, when stuff like this happens, and it’s someone who’s been with you for a while and they’re dependable, and for some reason they don’t call or show, you call or shoot them a text “hey, everything ok? Did you know you were supposed to be here?” Yes, they should know they’re supposed to be there, yes they should call, but life can be sh*t and life happens a lot, to all of us. And then to post the fine on a board like that for everyone to see... petty.

I just don’t think Douglas/Gase carry themselves properly for leading any organization (whether it be the Jets, your local Walmart, or a neighborhood diner).

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When you boil it down this is EXACTLY what happened. Then he comes back and plays the victim. Do things the way you knew they needed to be done and none of this happens. 

+1.

He took his veteran wife out to lunch... Show some heart!  

I wonder what the other "family emergency" was?  Bobby Brady put too much laundry soap in the washing machine and went off to do homework?  The Housekeeper at his palatial estate couldn't handle it... Now gonna take a 30 grand pay cut.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, EXACTLY what happened is that he decided not to tell the team until after he no call no showed his job twice in a week, and the team decided not only to fine him, but to embarrass him with a ridiculously unprofessional public spectacle.  

What the hell sort of a (*^*&%^$^#organization publishes employee punishments on a big-screen TV?  I mean...people here think that's okay?  That it's an appropriate management practice?

If it was consistent with team practices than he knew what was going to happen. 
His actions led to the outcome. Maybe the punishment was excessive but allowing the player a pass only leads to more actions of the same. I am not familiar with the player and how mush his salary is. How big is that fine in percentage to his pay? Where is the TV? Who sees that? 
Having said that I do believe Jets have a culture and locker room issue that seems to be growing under Gase not getting better.