TNF: Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 8:20 ET on Fox & NFLN

Thank you Cleveland. Now the Bills need to do their part on Sunday and we will have some separation from Pitt standings wise. Also that game at Pitt looks more winnable even though Allen vs the Steelers D makes me nervous. I have no doubt the Bills D will cause problems for Pitt. Now go Squish the Fish.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Thank you Cleveland. Now the Bills need to do their part on Sunday and we will have some separation from Pitt standings wise. Also that game at Pitt looks more winnable even though Allen vs the Steelers D makes me nervous. I have no doubt the Bills D will cause problems for Pitt. Now go Squish the Fish.

I agree. There are still plenty of games left to play in the season. At this point the AFC doesn’t appear to have a super team despite what some think of NE. (They’re four week test starts on Sunday.) So warts and all the Bills need to keep moving forward. Beat the teams you should, starting with Sunday afternoon in Miami. I’m pretty sure the rest will take care of itself. 

58 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

For serious or for fun? Do you imagine Garrett was laying on top of Rudolph and being silent? Or do you imagine he was running his mouth while having a grown man pinned down. In either case, what reaction was he trying to get by doing A or B? 

He tried to clown Rudolph who then tried to pull off his helmet and then Garrett went bonkers because he didn’t want to get shown up. If you’re not being a punk you don’t end up in fight. This is the third stupid and borderline violent thing he has done this year. Any incidents of Rudolph losing his mind in the NFL or in college? 

I'll view Garrett as a straight up thug after all of this.

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

t would almost be like saying if the Bills were good enough to get to the Super Bowl in the next few years that they might struggle because historically the Bills struggle in Super Bowls

I get it, I really do. I think the D will keep it close too. I just can’t remember the last time we’ve won in Pittsburgh. It’s a tough place to play, and while that history should have absolutely no barring on what they do this game, unfortunately our history seems to have been a pretty good indicator of future success with this organization. Frustratingly so. 

RE: the quoted section, you know people will be talking about our super bowl history up and down if we ever make it back. Too much pain in our history. Also, I kind of look at it like a burden to whatever team makes it back. There’ll be a little extra pressure on them (warranted or not) to make up for the 90s team failures in the big game. Some of it will be media driven. Some of it will be fan driven. But they’ll hear it. Something I’ll gladly take though, to be back in the Super bowl. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

Rudolph deserves a game off, as does Pouncey and ogunjobi.  Garrett deserves the rest of the season off.  

rudolph definitely came off as a brat that bit off more than he could chew.

There are pictures now of Rudolph hitting Garrett in the junk twice, once right before the helmet swing. 

56 minutes ago, GG said:

Flip the kicking game in the games and it's a different outcome.

Oh there were plenty of spots to win that game. one more D stand, the O scoring or at least getting closer for the FG attempt....anyway. Point was, we lost to a pretty badly coached, disorganized, undisciplined, average-at-best team.

Those are the games we have to win. It's depressing.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

11 hours ago, Billznut said:

Garrett absolutely deserved it. As former NFL players are already confirming 

It doesn't matter that Garrett deserved it.  Kicking and punching another player is wrong under any circumstance.  Since Rudolph started the whole fight by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off, did he deserve it?  Of course not.  Football is a violent enough game as it is without players taking matters into their own hands.

Well, so.  True confession time.  I didn't see the end of last night's game.  I'd been up super early getting ready for our HVAC installers to show up at 7 am, and I was wiped.  I hit the sack at halftime.

I was all prepared to feel kinda good about the result, because the (before the game) 5-4 Steelers have managed to beat some teams that are talked about as legit -

the 4-6 Chargers, the 5-4 Colts, the 5-4 Rams.  I didn't hear anyone talking to them as "pretenders" or "not as good as their record".  Instead I heard praise for Tomlin's outstanding job coaching etc etc.

Anyway, for the Steelers to get thumped like that by them 21-7, I thought made it clear that maybe the Brownies have their act together now and we weren't just a puppy the little dog got a piece of.

I can't feel good about the way that ended though.  Yuck.  Just....Yuck.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, so.  True confession time.  I didn't see the end of last night's game.  I'd been up super early getting ready for our HVAC installers to show up at 7 am, and I was wiped.  I hit the sack at halftime.

I was all prepared to feel kinda good about the result, because the (before the game) 5-4 Steelers have managed to beat some teams that are talked about as legit -

the 4-6 Chargers, the 5-4 Colts, the 5-4 Rams.  I didn't hear anyone talking to them as "pretenders" or "not as good as their record".  Instead I heard praise for Tomlin's outstanding job coaching etc etc.

Anyway, for the Steelers to get thumped like that by them 21-7, I thought made it clear that maybe the Brownies have their act together now and we weren't just a puppy the little dog got a piece of.

You left out the bottle of wine!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Minus the Garrett helmet stuff, I love the brawling. It's nice to see teams show some emotion and hatred for the other team. Hockey is really missing the big hits and fights.