TNF: Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 8:20 ET on Fox & NFLN

Just now, OZBILLS said:

Don't think so, but you never know because I am sure Allen would not be confident enough to just let loose and sling it there.

It's catches like that which gives the QB confidence to be more attacking. If you know your receivers/TE's can make huge plays, you are going to back them in.

Allen jammed one in to Knox in the end zone, similar type play last Sunday...didn’t make the catch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol who said a Pittsburgh win would be good for us?  The Browns have a schedule left with 2 guaranteed losses minimum.  They're going to lose in Pittsburgh and to Baltimore.

Win our 3 vs Miami Denver and Jets and that will be good enough.  9-7 will get in.  

Besides beating Miami, Denver, and NYJ, we should be able to beat Pittsburgh, makes 10-6 which should get us in without help.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Did you see his interception? His deep balls hang in the air, the receiver stops to get under it, and the CB comes into make a play on it. It’s happened like 5 times tonight. 

I did. He doesn’t have the arm. Josh has too much arm and tries to use it all. He needs to put air under the ball to give guys a chance. I’m not suggesting Josh heave them up there quite like Rudolph’s punts, but begging for Josh to bring it up a bit from what he’s doing now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Don't think so, but you never know because I am sure Allen would not be confident enough to just let loose and sling it there.

It's catches like that which gives the QB confidence to be more attacking. If you know your receivers/TE's can make huge plays, you are going to back them in.

I don't know.  From my vantage point that was a bad throw and terrible decision by Mayfield.  That ball should have been intercepted.  The TE made a spectacular play but IMO Mayfield looked frazzled and he tried to force that pass when all the Browns needed to ice the game was a FG. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

True, the players have to execute.  Teams seemed to have figured out McD's scheme and he appears to be struggling to come up with adjustments.  Odd how this cropped up after the bye.

My eyes tell me that our guys stopped playing disciplined ball at the bye. They got a lot of accolades as a top-3 defense. So they started playing hero-ball. You know, freelancing for the big highlight. The whole thing quickly came apart. That’s what happens when you forget what got you there.

defensive “schemes” are not what makes a D good. NFL defenses are all the same anyhow. Only the disguises are different and they change week-to-week. That’s why you can’t blame coaching on the Bills or anyone else. At this level it’s all on the players and how they execute their assignments. Unfortunately, it takes a swift kick in the pants to get your guys back on track. I’m not sure we’re at that point yet in the Bills’ locker room.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Allen jammed one in to Knox in the end zone, similar type play last Sunday...didn’t make the catch. 

And that drop surely reduces the likelihood Allen targets him again in a similar situation, and then the cycle continues.

Can't be blaming Allen all the time because these receivers are pros and need to start making big boy plays!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe the @ Pittsburgh game isn’t a guaranteed loss. Rudolph sucks. But you know they will get the home cooking from the refs in Pit.

If we were playing home, I’d like our odds a little more. Bills just don’t play well in Pittsburgh. 

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

Yeah when you look around the league QB has to start trusting WR's to get those balls why I would love to see Duke active more and then this offseason draft really target a man vs man 50/50 type be a high need for the Bills

Also deactivate Kroft,  since he was activated TE's as unit had a big drop