TNF: Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 8:20 ET on Fox & NFLN

Just now, NoSaint said:

turns out even good teams face tough opponents 

I know, I know, joe ain’t never scurrrred and he’s going to tell the whole internet about it ?

So, you're watching this Steelers team and you're legitimately worried about facing them?

I think that's a you problem, bud.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

He's still essentially a rookie and has been doing pretty well for being young and having little experience.  If I'm a Steelers fan, I'd be happy with Rudolph as the future.

I'd be as apprehensive about Rudolph as we are about Allen.  Maybe even more so as he screams career backup to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes. I see a very low ceiling for Rudolph. 

I'm surprised you're that down on him.  IMO, Rudolph hasn't been that bad in, what, 6 or 7 starts.  I don't think he played much at all last year.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think what watching Mayfield & Rudolph do is help us to calibrate our expectations about how Allen should be playing.  Right now Allen is on par with Mayfield and better then Rudolph. 

We need to be patient and stop over analyzing every pass Allen throws.  Because when I apply the eye test to Rudolph, Mayfield and Allen our guy looks pretty good.

Nah he's better than Mayfield

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd be as apprehensive about Rudolph as we are about Allen.  Maybe even more so as he screams career backup to me.

If that is the case, Steelers are in trouble because Big Ben is done.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So, you're watching this Steelers team and you're legitimately worried about facing them?

I think that's a you problem, bud.

I‘d worry about any game in Pittsburgh. This franchise has a terrible track record playing in Pittsburgh. It’s always tough to play in Pittsburgh, regardless of how good the Steelers are. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's still essentially a rookie and has been doing pretty well for being young and having little experience.  If I'm a Steelers fan, I'd be happy with Rudolph as the future.

If I was a Steelers fan I would be urging the same thing with Rudolph that I am with Allen - be patient.  It's still to early to know whether he is the long term replacement for Big Ben. 

But so far Allen is way ahead of Rudolph particularly his escapability.  Some folks don't appreciate how good Allen is at avoiding the sack and extending a play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm surprised you're that down on him.  IMO, Rudolph hasn't been that bad in, what, 6 or 7 starts.  I don't think he played much at all last year.

He doesn’t “pop” at all... he’s simply ok.  That’s backup material.  He can game manage a team to some wins if they have talent around him.  

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He’s been terrible. They give him a very limited set of plays. I don’t see any way they consider him as anything but a backup 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I‘d worry about any game in Pittsburgh. This franchise has a terrible track record playing in Pittsburgh. It’s always tough to play in Pittsburgh, regardless of how good the Steelers are. 

Most franchises have a terrible track record playing in Pittsburgh.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I liked Rudolph in college based upon one game I watched from a bar in Nashville. I was in a bar in Nashville, so there’s that..... but tonight it looks like he doesn’t have the arm I thought he did. 

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

1st rd pick and a mid round pick... Though Rudolph is playing behind one of the best OL in Football.  For Josh, not so much. 

This actually makes me feel a lot better about the Bills O line. Watching Villanueva get rag dolled like a spineless meat puppet by Garrett makes Dawkins performance look pretty good. 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

If I was a Steelers fan I would be urging the same thing with Rudolph that I am with Allen - be patient.  It's still to early to know whether he is the long term replacement for Big Ben. 

But so far Allen is way ahead of Rudolph particularly his escapability.  Some folks don't appreciate how good Allen is at avoiding the sack and extending a play.

I want to be patient with Allen, but clearly there has to be more pressure over him since he  is projected to be a franchise QB and Rudolph at most backup