TNF: Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 8:20 ET on Fox & NFLN

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What scenario is most beneficial for Buffalo????

A Browns win puts them at 4-6 with a head to head tie-breaker with the Bills

A Browns loss really hurts their chances as they could only get to 9-7 and still must play Pittsburgh again and the Ravens in week 16 probably with home filed advantage still not secured.  I see at least two more Browns' losses  - Ravens and one of the Steelers games.  In this scenario the best they can do is 8-8.  A sweep of Pittsburgh means they can get to 10-6 but still with the Ravens game looming, 9-7 seems like the best they can do.  

A Steelers win puts them at 6-4 a half game back of Buffalo. The only team with a winning record besides Buffalo remaining on their schedule is Baltimore.  Unfortunately the Ravens game is week 17 and they may be resting guys by then. With another Steelers win a few weeks later to the Browns, the winner of the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game will likely decide who makes the playoff.  

A Steelers loss drops them to 5-5 with another Browns and Ravens game.    

With all that, I think the best case scenario for Buffalo is for them to split their two games, giving each team an additional loss.  The Bills-Steelers game may still decide the playoff fate for both teams.  

bad memories of 2004 here! 

Ideally CLE and PIT split their games. That gives CLE 7 losses and PIT 5. Then we will have to beat them and win the other "expected" wins to get to 10-6 and have the tiebreaker. So it doesn't matter what happens this week as long as the opposite happens next time they play. I'd rather see a CLE win today because I just don't trust PIT to lose many more games whereas CLE needs to completely win out, which is tough to do even with an easy schedule.

Edited by theAteam

6 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Ideally CLE and PIT split their games. That gives CLE 7 losses and PIT 5. Then we will have to beat them and win the other "expected" wins to get to 10-6 and have the tiebreaker. So it doesn't matter what happens this week as long as the opposite happens next time they play. I'd rather see a CLE win today because I just don't trust PIT to lose many more games whereas CLE needs to completely win out, which is tough to do even with an easy schedule.

Their schedule isn’t even that easy outside of the two bengals games and Miami. They have ravens (great team that will want revenge for earlier loss), at Steelers, at Arizona (who is playing pretty well)

I'm rooting for the Steelers tonight...

We want the Steelers to completely bury the Browns so that loss last week doesn't come back to haunt us. 

We play Pittsburgh, so if we beat them and take care of MIA, NJ, and DEN we're at 10-6 and a lock to get in. We blew our chance to send CLE packing. 

38 minutes ago, GG said:

It appears that people wanting Steelers to win don't understand math & probability.

No, I get what people are saying

I just would rather have another team pretty much buried in the standings

CLE scares me more than PIT... Much more talent

Sort of like OAK LA last week.... Numbers said cheer for LA but they are more of a threat if they get hot so I'm glad they list

I'm not sold on the Raiders winning 9 or 10

Edited by TheFunPolice

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

No, I get what people are saying

I just would rather have another team pretty much buried in the standings

CLE scares me more than PIT... Much more talent

Sort of like OAK LA last week.... Numbers said cheer for LA but they are more of a threat if they get hot so I'm glad they list

I'm not sold on the Raiders winning 9 or 10

The bigger worry should be the team only 1 game behind you, not the one with 2.5 games behind you.   There's almost zero probability that Browns run the table and a much higher probability that Steelers go 5-2 (likely being favored in 6 of those games).

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

We control our own destiny with PIT

I'm not sold that PIT is actually good

Me neither. Especially on the road. Their OL isn’t good, Mason Rudolph baby hands RIP. They can’t run the ball either.

Edited by YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, GG said:

The bigger worry should be the team only 1 game behind you, not the one with 2.5 games behind you.   There's almost zero probability that Browns run the table and a much higher probability that Steelers go 5-2 (likely being favored in 6 of those games).

My thoughts also, 

Browns at 4 - 6 puts them back into the playoff hunt so this is a big game.

root for the Steelers....

we don't want the Browns having any hope

If a team like that with so much talent is left for dead, then wins a few and starts to feel a bit of hope, it all becomes house money and they become a very dangerous team

Pittsburgh is smoke and mirrors... they are not good and don't scare me at all. We also play them soon, so we can knock them down a peg. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

root for the Steelers....

we don't want the Browns having any hope

If a team like that with so much talent is left for dead, then wins a few and starts to feel a bit of hope, it all becomes house money and they become a very dangerous team

Pittsburgh is smoke and mirrors... they are not good and don't scare me at all. We also play them soon, so we can knock them down a peg. 

You really think that Browns can go 3-0 vs Steelers 2x and Ravens?

2 hours ago, GG said:

You really think that Browns can go 3-0 vs Steelers 2x and Ravens?

Probably not, but that team is loaded with talent and if they start to feel like they have a real shot they are going to get dangerous. 

Coaching probably limits them, but you just never know. 

Steelers are a nice story but they are going to lose some games. They don't scare me at all.