Disney putting cultural depictions warning on streaming.

Greybeard

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm not outraged, if that is what you're implying. I guess I could of put it in to a softer light when stating my opinion on society today. I'm glad I grew up in a different world then today. a time when society was not so offended by things as they are today. I mean, it has come to a time where the disney shows that were before and during my time now have to have a warning so the feelings are not hurt.

sad.

Good sir, my comments were NOT directed to you at all!

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I saw that Warner Brothers cartoons (Tom and Jerry) also have warnings about outdated cultural depictions. 

I’m curious about this, because my daughter has commented that the old Peter Pan movies mock “red Indians”, and it’s pretty obvious that there are racist stereotypes with the crows in Dumbo, just to name a few. 

Watched one of my all-time favorite movies, the classic Davy Crockett on Disney+ the other night...and noticed the "warning."  Let's just say the native Americans were not looked upon too kindly...

• Like (+1) 1

Come on.  This stuff is reported on to wind up the kinds of people who get wound up by this sort of thing.

It's stupid but meaningless and really, who cares?

If this is the biggest problem you can B word about today, you're leading a great life.

59 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Come on.  This stuff is reported on to wind up the kinds of people who get wound up by this sort of thing.

It's stupid but meaningless and really, who cares?

If this is the biggest problem you can B word about today, you're leading a great life.

It's stupid, but it's not meaningless. It wouldn't have been done if it wasn't intended to serve a purpose. The fact that was done in the first place perpetuates the "triggered" mentality and it's getting closer and closer to where people feel as though they must be offended if someone else is.

Edited by RaoulDuke79