Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Cripes, comment after comment asking why the NFL is doing this just points out how ill informed people are.  They're doing it because they were told to.  Read a newspaper ferchrissakes.

Did you know you can't do that in the shout box?

I don't think I asked why.  Just stated the roll out of this appears to be disjointed.  

Without getting into the politics of the matter, it is pretty clear to me that the bigger issue is that Kaep is more interested in promoting his agenda than he is playing football. I doubt that the agenda itself is what is keeping him out of the league, as there are a number of players around the league in every locker room who probably share his views. The difference is that these players are not letting this agenda get in the way of their on-field play.

For NFL coaches and executives, talent trumps personality, politics, etc. If Kaepernick was really still a capable (and committed) QB, he would be on an NFL roster. I am not sure if he realized his own skills were declining (he was a non-noteworthy backup QB in SF when all of this started) -- or if he no longer had the heart for doing what it takes year-round to be an NFL player.

Yes, he is probably still better than many current backup QBs in the league -- but NFL teams realize the risk involved in bringing in a guy who is a fringe player at best these days. Kaepernick has already shown that he is unwilling to serve in that fringe-player capacity. Recall a couple of years ago when the Ravens were serious about bringing him for a look -- and then Kaep and his SJW girlfriend posted some mean-spirited memes about Ray Lewis, KNOWING this would kill that opportunity. The situation reminds me of a jerk I knew in high school, whose girlfriend broke up with him because of his behavior. He begged her to take him back, and when she did suddenly HE decided that they should break up.

And even this workout is likely designed more to get his name in the news and bang the drum about how the NFL has "blacklisted" him rather than genuinely trying to earn a roster spot on a team.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...on his way to HotLanta.......Matty Ice in jeopardy?.......uh oh.............

Colin Kaepernick heads to Atlanta for workout

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 15, 2019, 8:52 AM EST

Watch him get signed

The nfl does need the media to stop talking about its attempted murder that happened last night

On 11/14/2019 at 3:55 PM, MAJBobby said:

Browns

49ers

Mia

Washington

Cardinals

Patriot 

Giants 
Broncos 

Falcons

Cowboys

Lions

seems like more going than not. 

only ones reported to NOT attending

Panthers

Ravens said not sure if they are going

Take the Cowboys off the List.  Jones said they are 100% not going - May watch the tape later.

Still seems like more are staying away rather than going.

6 hours ago, T master said:

I for one hope the Bills stay away !! Not because of his talent but i think if given another shot his antics will continue in some way shape or form & it's not needed !

Him,  AB & others like him need to just go away !! 

So your criticism has nothing to do with his ability to play football.

You just hate the way he exercised his American right to freedom of expression and stood up against racial discrimination! 

Well thanks for clearing that up!

:sick:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, buffalobillsfootball said:

If this guy still has NFL talent - he should be on a team. Absolutely ridiculous what has transpired with this issue...

True considering some of the backups are of very marginal NFL talent. 

Not true if if you want to avoid distractions, which every team in the league has the right to do.  

I have no no issue with any team signing him, except for Buffalo.  I don’t think he would fit in.  We are invested in Allen and Barkley is a decent backup. Now if Peterman were still around I would want to look at Kaepernick.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...on his way to HotLanta.......Matty Ice in jeopardy?.......uh oh.............

Colin Kaepernick heads to Atlanta for workout

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 15, 2019, 8:52 AM EST

He is being worked out in Falcons facility.  If they wanted him they would give him a private workout.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

So your criticism has nothing to do with his ability to play football.

You just hate the way he exercised his American right to freedom of expression and stood up against racial discrimination! 

Well thanks for clearing that up!

:sick:

Kap is just a actor on the stage to keep disphites debating over useless garbage all day. Just do the math. Kappy sucks to hard for any team to take on the circus that will be his act. Now if he was actually good it would be worth the aggravation.  Colin should just tap out and get a job on a Sirius urban music channel or something. But he has a higher purpose for his handlers. 

22 minutes ago, Dante said:

Kap is just a actor on the stage to keep disphites debating over useless garbage all day. Just do the math. Kappy sucks to hard for any team to take on the circus that will be his act. Now if he was actually good it would be worth the aggravation.  Colin should just tap out and get a job on a Sirius urban music channel or something. But he has a higher purpose for his handlers. 

way to juuuuust barely hide your racism but not really.

• Thank you (+1) 1

What about the Chargers? 

1. Rivers is about ready to retire.

2.  He could use the rest of the season to get reacclimated, hit the ground running for next year.

3. LA would be a pretty favorable landing spot for him, compared to other sites.

4. There's some workable talent on the team already.

5. If he can't outcompete Tyrod Taylor it's all a moot point anyway.