Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

57 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

None of this makes sense to me... I’m fine with him wanting a shot, and it makes sense for teams to see if he’s got anything that could be helpful in their pursuit of victories.... but why is the NFL setting it up?

Because if he doesn't find a team their lawyers can say, "Hey, we literally set up a tryout for the guy.  No collusion."

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I bet by Saturday all 32 teams will send at least one person. The local scout in Atlanta. Tick the boxes. 

This. 

Teams have scouts all over the country right now looking at colleges- especially in the southeast. No point not sending someone to take a peak. 

15 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Colin Kaepernick is probably better than Matt Barkley and would be an upgrade at backup QB for most teams, if not at starter.  This should be obvious.

As a staunch liberal and defender of his however, the negative energy in the stands at a home Bills game would not be worth it for me if they were to sign him.  It would bring out so much ugliness and infighting amongst Bills fans that it would be depressing to even be there.  So I am OK with them not expressing any interest.

That's simply not true.

...sure as hell hope you're sarcastically joking..............

50 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Could be part of the settlement agreement, I suppose. 

if that was the case I don’t think it would have come as a surprise to Kap and His Reps. 

instead just seems like a PR thing from NFL reason being they tipped Reporters of this before it was even announced on the Waiver wire 

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thank God....if they signed him, it could mean he's here next year, right??..............just sayin'..........

to be honest just screams a PR thing to me from the league. No team will sign him for this year at this point in the season if they would have he would have had a workout already. This seems more like to me something NFL is trying to do for PR. 

watch NFL Network televise the workout 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

if that was the case I don’t think it would have come as a surprise to Kap and His Reps. 

instead just seems like a PR thing from NFL reason being they tipped Reporters of this before it was even announced on the Waiver wire 

Sounded like they were surprised by the date and terms, but I don't think they were surprised by the event's existence. Could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

to be honest just screams a PR thing to me from the league. No team will sign him for this year at this point in the season if they would have he would have had a workout already. This seems more like to me something NFL is trying to do for PR. 

watch NFL Network televise the workout 

....yup...Goodell's next push is PR.....the "San Juan StoleDaMonies"......

32 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

That's simply not true.

Check out his career stats.  His best year, 2014, he averaged 210 yds passing per game.  Every other year is below 200 yards.  Before you tear into me I actually was a big fan of his when he and Harbaugh were with the Niners.  I watched many of his games.  His play just wasn't that good and then the protests started.  His play "got lost" in the controversy that followed.

Edited by DCbillsfan

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sounded like they were surprised by the date and terms, but I don't think they were surprised by the event's existence. Could be wrong though.

the workout and such would have happened already. After all the settlement occurred in March I believe and this workout and timing would have been outlined in the Settlement for the Judge to approve. 

49 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

From a pure football standpoint, he was terrible the last couple of years in the league.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

can we stop making things up? If he was terrible, what does that make Allen since he has far worse stats?  And those 49ers teams were awful.

he might not be good enough anymore.  But stopping making up that he wasn’t.  When he was playing was 3 times the player of Barkley and was better than Allen. Allen is obviously the starter but this team should always be looking to upgrade the roster.

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Kap is on the Bills roster in any fashion I will take that season of football off and just focus on working OT on Sunday. I would be happy with the 600$ each Sunday.

And no one would care and the nfl would continue to make billions.  It’s funny you’re cool with Incognito who threatens to beat his 90 year old grandma though. 

• Like (+1) 2