Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm in the minority and try to avoid these subjects, not ignore, just try to stay clear but, I have no problem with him. but as you see, this and so many other things just continue to divide people, and that is the sad part.

And that is the sad part. I have an idea why this started to happen but it’s so pathetic.  What I loved about football is it takes so many guys from different backgrounds to play.  What is great about a lockeroom is guys like CK and Bosa, who have much different views on things, would become brothers.  

Personally, signing guys like Vick or Joe Mixon might break me as a Bills fan.  But to get this worked over a guy who literally silently took a knee (you should go to a football game and see what fans do during the national anthem) is insane.  But that’s fine too.  But if he’s good enough, he deserves a chance to play imo.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

Does anyone know if this will be live in tv or online? Anyone have links?

I’m home done work have some beers and might as well watch this. 

Just moved the location and time.  Will be at 4pm and now open to media.  No idea if/where televised.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28093616/colin-kaepernick-workout-being-moved-now-open-media

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Just moved the location and time.  Will be at 4pm and now open to media.  No idea if/where televised.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28093616/colin-kaepernick-workout-being-moved-now-open-media

Thanks!!!!! I’ll looks around and post it here if I find a link.

what about the Bills? Are we sending someone there?

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Thanks!!!!! I’ll looks around and post it here if I find a link.

what about the Bills? Are we sending someone there?

As far as I can tell, they are not one of the teams on the list.  But I read that it's up to 22 teams sending representatives.  I did read that Dallas was on the list, then backed out.  Nothing on Buffalo, that I can see.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:
Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2019, 10:10 AM EST

The NFL has kept Colin Kaepernick in the dark about multiple aspects of his dog-and-pony show about nothing workout. As a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT, the league’s failure to provide information to Kaepernick includes the identity of the receivers who will be available to catch passes from him.

Thus, Kaepernick has made arrangements to bring his own receivers to the workout.

I've asked this question before, and did not get a good answer.  Can someone explain why the "NFL" is involved with this workout at all?  Why wouldn't it be arranged by his agent?

Shouldn't the people involved be the agent, Kap, some WR to throw to(also arranged by his agent), and reps from the teams interested in seeing the workout?

It’s been explained, multiple times so apologies if you found your answer. It was mandated in the settlement reached between the two parties according to the reports I have read.

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree. I just get annoyed by some of the dishonesty.  To say Kaepernick wasn’t good enough after his last year on nfl to be in the league, you’re a liar.  If you don’t think CK wasn’t miles better as a qb than Barkley when he last played, you’re a liar. If you don’t have the same angry towards the women beaters who were given a second chance over a guy who has never been in trouble and who’s worst “crime” was kneeling (after speaking with a former marine), your morals are messed up. 

CK has certainly made his share of mistakes (not signing with the Ravens, the Castro shirt, etc.) but he literally done nothing wrong off the field.  I want the best team of non scumbags on the Bills. If CK has a good workout, I would love to sign him to a future contract because his upside is so much higher than Barkley.  Also given the success of mobile qbs right now, it could be a nice backup plan for Allen (we should still draft a guy).  But I guess I’m not as patriotic as some of the true heroes out there. 

You agree!!? In your previous post you made A statement saying Jerry Jones would have been a slave owner. 

Yikes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

Oh look, 165 replies, but you're right, who cares? Couple of things:

1) You cared enough to post.

2) Every once in a while a smartass, no a dumbass falls for the name bit and thinks he's original.

Name still says it all....you should stop talking now 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

The whole situation is very simple to break down if we can manage to keep our feelings about his protest out of it. 

Is he one of the best 32 QBs in the league and therefore should be starting somewhere? Nope. And that was probably the case back in 2017 the last time he played. Since then, have multiple QBs been employed who are objectively worse than him? Yep. Including at least TWO right here on the Bills (they wore #2 and #3 and I'd rather not speak of them).

To me it comes down to this: most teams carry 3 or 4 QB in training camp and 2 or 3 on the 53. Pretending every single team was on the low end of the scale, 3 in camp and 2 on the 53...To get on a camp roster, that means he should be one of the best 96 QB in the league pool. To make a 53, one of the best 64. You can't possibly believe neither of those conditions apply. All other things aside he should definitely at least be on a roster. Perhaps this is the time where his contract expectations meet the offers of the teams

That would be true if he took League Minimum, but when he gave up big money and expected to be paid - the value ratio dropped.

It is no different now.  The NFL and Jay Z worked to set it up and even today he is making changes and doing it his way.  My guess is deciding at the last minute to make more changes will cause him to fall further in teams eyes and there is less of a chance he is signed. Teams want to know they can trust the player and he just flies by his own rules - not a good look.