Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

11 hours ago, zonabb said:

Yeah I put country in " " because I think that pride and bling loyalty to a geography is a joke made worse by the romanticism attached to it that doesn't show it for what it is, a county found by genocidal racists.

I'm starting to think one of the reasons no one wants to hire Kaep is because every time someone is critical of him, they're called a racist.

Such childish rhetoric.

How my Facebook is today... - Imgflip

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The whole situation is very simple to break down if we can manage to keep our feelings about his protest out of it. 

Is he one of the best 32 QBs in the league and therefore should be starting somewhere? Nope. And that was probably the case back in 2017 the last time he played. Since then, have multiple QBs been employed who are objectively worse than him? Yep. Including at least TWO right here on the Bills (they wore #2 and #3 and I'd rather not speak of them).

To me it comes down to this: most teams carry 3 or 4 QB in training camp and 2 or 3 on the 53. Pretending every single team was on the low end of the scale, 3 in camp and 2 on the 53...To get on a camp roster, that means he should be one of the best 96 QB in the league pool. To make a 53, one of the best 64. You can't possibly believe neither of those conditions apply. All other things aside he should definitely at least be on a roster. Perhaps this is the time where his contract expectations meet the offers of the teams

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm starting to think one of the reasons no one wants to hire Kaep is because every time someone is critical of him, they're called a racist.

Such childish rhetoric.

...the hypocrisy of the "convenience card"....if roughly 80% of the 1,696 privileged to play in the NFL are black, criticizing any one of them within the 80% also means you're racist, right?...BTW, I could care less about his politics or stances.......only interested in football and he is not that good, now with 3 years of "ring rust" besides...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2019 at 7:50 AM, Cripple Creek said:

I hear ya Creek, but will choose to take with a grain of salt any PR statements put out by his conflicted agent ;)

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, 19Bills83 said:

I hope the Bills skip this Drama Queen. He's not even a good QB.  I guess there are enough average QB's though for BU's?

The drama over a BU QB is just insane. 

I thank whatever team that brings him to ride the pine as I'm so over this Kap-Crap as a whole. 

1 hour ago, PaulieYayo said:

Explains the name then 

Oh look, 165 replies, but you're right, who cares? Couple of things:

1) You cared enough to post.

2) Every once in a while a smartass, no a dumbass falls for the name bit and thinks he's original.

...Dez, AB & TO are en route.....the new NFL saga, "Keeping Up With The Kardash....oops....Kaepernicks" is in full bloom...........farce.....

Colin Kaepernick is bringing his own receivers to his workout

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2019, 10:10 AM EST

The NFL has kept Colin Kaepernick in the dark about multiple aspects of his dog-and-pony show about nothing workout. As a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT, the league’s failure to provide information to Kaepernick includes the identity of the receivers who will be available to catch passes from him.

Thus, Kaepernick has made arrangements to bring his own receivers to the workout.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/16/colin-kaepernick-is-bringing-his-own-receivers-to-his-workout/#comments

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Dez, AB & TO are en route.....the new NFL saga, "Keeping Up With The Kardash....oops....Kaepernicks" is in full bloom...........farce.....

Colin Kaepernick is bringing his own receivers to his workout

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2019, 10:10 AM EST

The NFL has kept Colin Kaepernick in the dark about multiple aspects of his dog-and-pony show about nothing workout. As a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT, the league’s failure to provide information to Kaepernick includes the identity of the receivers who will be available to catch passes from him.

Thus, Kaepernick has made arrangements to bring his own receivers to the workout.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/16/colin-kaepernick-is-bringing-his-own-receivers-to-his-workout/#comments

Wow, Mr. Roger Goodell.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dopey said:

I heard he likes country music and white girls.

nah..when he hooked up with the chick on the Sirius Urban music channel that's when he turned into a radical douchebag. Too bad

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Such childish rhetoric.

NFL wants to keep him in the news. NFL's is becoming a social justice warrior platform masquerading as sports entertainment. 

I do not care if Bills go since I believe he is not talented enough to help us even as a backup but I find it ridiculous the comments of the "NFL is using him". The NFL would prefer he just go away and they are doing this to show he is not being blackballed.

1 hour ago, Dante said:

NFL's is becoming a social justice warrior platform masquerading as sports entertainment. 

I would venture to say that it’s the exact opposite. I don’t see the Kroenkes’, Jones’, and Snyders’ of the NFL caring one bit about “social justice.” If anything, it’s the exact opposite.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dante said:

nah..when he hooked up with the chick on the Sirius Urban music channel that's when he turned into a radical douchebag. Too bad

NFL wants to keep him in the news. NFL's is becoming a social justice warrior platform masquerading as sports entertainment. 

It’s weird how want equal rights for people is a bad thing.  I guess it’s much better to be an ignorant, judgmentAl, afraid of change boomer is much better.  

4 minutes ago, eanyills said:

I would venture to say that it’s the exact opposite. I don’t see the Kroenkes’, Jones’, and Snyders’ of the NFL caring one bit about “social justice.” If anything, it’s the exact opposite.

Yeah, what is that person talking about? The nfl is the most outdated league in sports. Jerry Jones definitely would have owned slaves back in the day.  These players are pieces of meat who they won’t even guarantee their contracts.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

really a shame the direction this thread is going.

I doubt it will ever change, sad really.

I agree. I just get annoyed by some of the dishonesty.  To say Kaepernick wasn’t good enough after his last year on nfl to be in the league, you’re a liar.  If you don’t think CK wasn’t miles better as a qb than Barkley when he last played, you’re a liar. If you don’t have the same angry towards the women beaters who were given a second chance over a guy who has never been in trouble and who’s worst “crime” was kneeling (after speaking with a former marine), your morals are messed up. 

CK has certainly made his share of mistakes (not signing with the Ravens, the Castro shirt, etc.) but he literally done nothing wrong off the field.  I want the best team of non scumbags on the Bills. If CK has a good workout, I would love to sign him to a future contract because his upside is so much higher than Barkley.  Also given the success of mobile qbs right now, it could be a nice backup plan for Allen (we should still draft a guy).  But I guess I’m not as patriotic as some of the true heroes out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2019, 10:10 AM EST

I've asked this question before, and did not get a good answer.  Can someone explain why the "NFL" is involved with this workout at all?  Why wouldn't it be arranged by his agent?

Shouldn't the people involved be the agent, Kap, some WR to throw to(also arranged by his agent), and reps from the teams interested in seeing the workout?

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sorry...his value today is less than a Yugo on a used car lot in Nogales......

Could very will be. He also could be extremely fresh without years of punishment in a league where mobile qbs like Watson, Jackson, Wilson, Murray, etc are becoming the dominant players. I guess we’ll see.

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree. I just get annoyed by some of the dishonesty.  To say Kaepernick wasn’t good enough after his last year on nfl to be in the league, you’re a liar.  If you don’t think CK wasn’t miles better as a qb than Barkley when he last played, you’re a liar. If you don’t have the same angry towards the women beaters who were given a second chance over a guy who has never been in trouble and who’s worst “crime” was kneeling (after speaking with a former marine), your morals are messed up. 

CK has certainly made his share of mistakes (not signing with the Ravens, the Castro shirt, etc.) but he literally done nothing wrong off the field.  I want the best team of non scumbags on the Bills. If CK has a good workout, I would love to sign him to a future contract because his upside is so much higher than Barkley.  Also given the success of mobile qbs right now, it could be a nice backup plan for Allen (we should still draft a guy).  But I guess I’m not as patriotic as some of the true heroes out there. 

I'm in the minority and try to avoid these subjects, not ignore, just try to stay clear but, I have no problem with him. but as you see, this and so many other things just continue to divide people, and that is the sad part.