Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

9 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Don't care. He had a gig with the 49ners and walked away from it. His skills are hardly worth the circus he brings with him. Teams looking to make the playoffs hardly need the distraction. Go play in the CFL, they'll love him up there.

.....absolutely agree......he is the NFL's "Kardashian".....equal nausea..................

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

24 teams interested according to SI. How many other out of work QBs get this type of platform.......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/15/colin-kaepernick-workout-24-nfl-teams-expected

You do understand Raoul, this is mandated?

10 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Go play in the CFL, they'll love him up there.

Why?

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I bet teams have tried to sign him as a backup or for a low prove it deal and he has just said no.

So, he is unpatriotic and a liar? Anything else we should add?

Edited by Cripple Creek

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

No right to free expression while on the job. Aside from that fact, his ideas are wrong, misguided and the “ racism” angle is completely overblown. The vast majority of the population are not racist. A tiny percentage of racist nut jobs out there, and a few bad cops. 

Id venture that while few are the over the top caricature of a racist, most people carry plenty of racial baggage/preconceptions etc... but weve got to create space where we can acknowledge being imperfect without dragging people through the mud for it. 

the flip side of the cancel culture striking any time someone steps on the line yet alone goes out of bounds is that suddenly no one can begin to admit any possible short comings 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm at the point now where, despite my personal feelings on his actual ability, which as a 59.8% career passer and being benched multiple times before kneeling I don't think he is anything special at all, I hope he gets signed just so all of the petty bickering and division can be calmed at least, hopefully. All he can do is sink or swim.  I get pretty disgusted with all of it to be honest. People arguing back and forth who's racist, who's not, why you're racist, why you're not. There always has to be a subverting agenda and not just a basis on what the other person feels they had seen when watching the guy play. The situation is what it is. People are who they are with each of them have their own opinions on police, this country, his actions, what they see him like as a QB, and the NFL in general. The lengths that people go to trying to paint an individual, in whatever light it may be, has been never ending since 2016. Are they're racists in this country and world? Sure. There are also people walking around with and equaling amount of prejudice within them towards others. We can all agree that nothing in this world, no country, no system, no government, no form of employment from top to bottom, and no person by any means is perfect. None of them, anywhere, at anytime, since the inception of the most basic form of human existence. His signing won't stop all of it. There will still be people who love to continue the argument because of the condition of their own heart and how they view people in general, but maybe it can at least help those who choose to do so mend some fences. Not just around the league and in this country, but around here as well. In the end, true change starts within each individual. Until each person sees themselves as they TRULY ARE, ON ALL SIDES OF THIS, deciding to do right by their fellow human beings in this world in the most simplest of ways, then the age old dissensions and arguments will remain no matter what happens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm at the point now where, despite my personal feelings on his actual ability, which as a 59.8% career passer and being benched multiple times before kneeling I don't think he is anything special at all, I hope he gets signed just so all of the petty bickering and division can be calmed at least, hopefully. All he can do is sink or swim.  I get pretty disgusted with all of it to be honest. People arguing back and forth who's racist, who's not, why you're racist, why you're not. There always has to be a subverting agenda and not just a basis on what the other person feels they had seen when watching the guy play. The situation is what it is. People are who they are with each of them have their own opinions on police, this country, his actions, what they see him like as a QB, and the NFL in general. The lengths that people go to trying to paint an individual, in whatever light it may be, has been never ending since 2016. Are they're racists in this country and world? Sure. There are also people walking around with and equaling amount of prejudice within them towards others. We can all agree that nothing in this world, no country, no system, no government, no form of employment from top to bottom, and no person by any means is perfect. None of them, anywhere, at anytime, since the inception of the most basic form of human existence. His signing won't stop all of it. There will still be people who love to continue the argument because of the condition of their own heart and how they view people in general, but maybe it can at least help those who choose to do so mend some fences. Not just around the league and in this country, but around here as well. In the end, true change starts within each individual. Until each person sees themselves as they TRULY ARE, ON ALL SIDES OF THIS, deciding to do right by their fellow human beings in this world in the most simplest of ways, then the age old dissensions and arguments will remain no matter what happens. 

Very rational...you're so cancelled!

29 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, he is unpatriotic and a liar? Anything else we should add?

What did he lie about? He hasn't said much. It has been reported that he turned down a contract from the Broncos. He didn't sign with the Seahawks because they were "far apart on money". He didn't sign with the AAF because he wanted a $20 million contract. Those are just the few that have been reported on. I'm sure there are more we don't know about.

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Mandated by the NFL? Specifically for Kaepernick or for any QB that's looking for work?

For Kaepernick. The NFL isn’t doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

What did he lie about? He hasn't said much. It has been reported that he turned down a contract from the Broncos. He didn't sign with the Seahawks because they were "far apart on money". He didn't sign with the AAF because he wanted a $20 million contract. Those are just the few that have been reported on. I'm sure there are more we don't know about.

That was sarcasm. He released a statement that included among other things that he not made salary/starter demands and he has had workouts with zero teams.

People either choose to ignore this or they believe him a liar.

Edited by Cripple Creek

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

It was a surprise to me when it came out this week, but, yes. The haste? They barely beat the deadline. (According to reports)

I see. Well as H20 mentioned above, I hope he gets an opportunity if someone feels he's capable.  The whole back and forth brings out the worst in people. Hopefully this will put an end to the whole thing.

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

That was sarcasm. He released a statement that included among other things that he not made salary/starter demands and he has had workouts with zero teams.

People either choose to ignore this or they believe him a liar.

Ok, well either he is lying or the people who claimed those things are. I've always assumed that he wants more money than teams are willing to give him, and his demand of $20 million from the AAF seems to support that, plus the other reports I mentioned.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ok, well either he is lying or the people who claimed those things are. I've always assumed that he wants more money than teams are willing to give him, and his demand of $20 million from the AAF seems to support that, plus the other reports I mentioned.

? or the people who work for him.

19 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

It was a surprise to me when it came out this week, but, yes. The haste? They barely beat the deadline. (According to reports)

Everything I see says that this workout was NOT part of the collusion settlement.

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

...and I'd say your assumption is correct......if he opted out of $12 mil from the Niners, isn't it a safe assumption he wanted MORE?........

summary post from Quora:

"Kaepernick had a contract with the 49ers set to pay him $12 million. John Elway’s Broncos needed a quarterback and were willing to trade for Kaepernick, but they didn’t want to pay him $12 million. John said he’d go through with the trade if he only had to pay Kaepernick $7 million. The 49ers didn’t want to subsidize the Broncos and Kaep didn’t want to take a $5 million pay cut. "