Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

can we stop making things up? If he was terrible, what does that make Allen since he has far worse stats?  And those 49ers teams were awful.

he might not be good enough anymore.  But stopping making up that he wasn’t.  When he was playing was 3 times the player of Barkley and was better than Allen. Allen is obviously the starter but this team should always be looking to upgrade the roster.

And no one would care and the nfl would continue to make billions.  It’s funny you’re cool with Incognito who threatens to beat his 90 year old grandma though. 

I already know the NFL makes billions, this is more about me. When did I say I was a fan of Incognito?

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

due diligence.
you look just in case an opposing team picks him up. that is part of scouting as well.

I am not saying they shouldn’t go, far from it. I’d just be surprised if they sent anyone of consequence down there.

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They are rating Incognito as a top 10 guard this year. I'm just guessing but I bet if Kap were a top 10 QB he would've been signed to a very nice contract 2 years ago.

how would anyone know if he isn't playing. Richie is on his 64th chance and a dangerous lunatic when he forgets his meds. (makes for a great football player O line esp. ) ha ha

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

id take tebow over kapernick rn if someone put a gun to my head.

Let us hope this scenario is unlikely to occur.

(mugger holds up GETTOTHE50 at gunpoint)

GETTOTHE50: "My wallet's in my right hip pocket, keys front left, Hands Up, Don't Shoot!"

Mugger: "I don't want your filthy lucre!  Just see that it Kaep gets signed to an NFL team!

GETTOTHE50: "Get @#$% you &^%$#wad!  It's Tebow or just shoot me!"

(Mugger slinks away puzzled and bemused)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I am not saying they shouldn’t go, far from it. I’d just be surprised if they sent anyone of consequence down there.

agreed.
Bills do not NEED a QB as we have a quite decent back up already : )

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Did you check the Kaep workout thread or did you skip it because Kaep threads are becoming painful?

It um, kinda got locked when it became a collection of pro wrestling elbow shots, before any of this stuff on who's going came out.

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Why they wouldn't they send someone? Nice trip south

I think Beane has his guys working overtime at the college scouting game

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

to be honest just screams a PR thing to me from the league. No team will sign him for this year at this point in the season if they would have he would have had a workout already. This seems more like to me something NFL is trying to do for PR. 

watch NFL Network televise the workout 

It has to be.  I've never heard of the NFL scheduling an open workout for a free agent.  They don't owe him anything though once Kap settled the lawsuit.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It has to be.  I've never heard of the NFL scheduling an open workout for a free agent.  They don't owe him anything though once Kap settled the lawsuit.

It strikes me as the type of PR formulated on Park Ave at 11pm with three fingers of scotch.  

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It um, kinda got locked when it became a collection of pro wrestling elbow shots, before any of this stuff on who's going came out.

Wish there were sub-forums for things like this.  Posters are told that if it belongs in sub-forum do not post in main forum even if somewhat related to main forum.  Used to work this way on gaming forum so  these discussions stayed segmented.  Software would scan for keywords and warn user that it potentially belongs elsewhere and if you ignore warning and it is then appropriate punishment would be applied. 

13 minutes ago, stony said:

It strikes me as the type of PR formulated on Park Ave at 11pm with three fingers of scotch.  

Or something agreed to by league as part of closed settlement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

can we stop making things up? If he was terrible, what does that make Allen since he has far worse stats?  And those 49ers teams were awful.

he might not be good enough anymore.  But stopping making up that he wasn’t.  When he was playing was 3 times the player of Barkley and was better than Allen. Allen is obviously the starter but this team should always be looking to upgrade the roster.

And no one would care and the nfl would continue to make billions.  It’s funny you’re cool with Incognito who threatens to beat his 90 year old grandma though. 

Why would that be odd? People have hot button issues and vote with their wallets and emotions all the time. I'm conflicted about CK and hope it never comes to it, but I'd think hard about emotionally/financially supporting the team if he was QB. My son was stunned when I told him I'd be sorta meh about a SB win for BB if CK was at the helm. On the one hand, painting all law enforcement officials as pigs and whatnot seems to me to he the same as equating all NFL players as OJ, Ray Rice or Incognito.  On the other hand, maybe I'd find myself swayed by his approach and demeanor and try and move past what he has said or done and how I feel about it. 

As for the NFL, you're 100% correct on the billions but I'd think there is more than a passing concern about attendance and social issues. When all is said and done, whether I watch/attend or not, and whether the Bill's win or not is all about perceived value to me. I'd bet they can afford to lose me, but do they want to? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

This won't stop until he gets signed again? Surely it just starts up again if he is signed and then cut.

It's a no win situation for a team you would think

Let teams know that whatever team gets most personal fowls will need to hire this bird for a year.

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would that be odd? People have hot button issues and vote with their wallets and emotions all the time. I

Yes I am sure Biscuit is voting with wallet to go with his emotions on Allen as long as he is with team.

I hate the NFL the way it is now.  It used to be something I enjoyed so much.  

I hate the coverage 

I hate Kaepernick

I hate Goodell  

I hate how much it costs to go to a game and subsequently how much these players make

I hate that situations like Kaep turn otherwise good people on each other over it

I hate that an NFL team hoodie is $99

I hate how dangerous the game is

I hate how the game is officiated

I hate that I want the Bills to win a super bowl so bad I can't stop watching

• Like (+1) 1