Washington

Cardinals

Patriot 

Giants 
Broncos 

Falcons

Cowboys

Lions

This is a me issue not a you issue, but the lack of consistency with team names/city names, abbreviating only 'Miami', especially right next to Washington is making me itch.

EDIT - Wait, did you copy/past the rest of the list after Washington?

Edited by Westside Madness
Follow up question.

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I have nothing against Kaepernick, but he looked to be washing out pretty bad the last year or so in the league and has had a lot of time away from the sport.  I dont think there is much of a chance he amounts to anything.

I saw him in Buffalo his last season w the 49's.  He was terrible.....setting aside that the fans booed him....he is not much of a football player.  I saw it, don't need to read any articles.  Bills not there?  they got it right!

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

None of this makes sense to me... I’m fine with him wanting a shot, and it makes sense for teams to see if he’s got anything that could be helpful in their pursuit of victories.... but why is the NFL setting it up?

Bowing to pressure, the JayZ partnership blowback likely opened their eyes to what the sentiment is for some fans. I'm thinking they figure the calculus is they will lose fans either way, but better to side with the guy who hates law enforcement and compared them to slave patrols than with law enforcement in general.  I'd think they focus grouped it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cuboirs said:

anyone know if Bills will take part in this workout?

Yeah they are sending the guy that gets the bagels.

I cant see how ang coach or gm is going to be there. Sat. is either a travel day or a walkthrough, checking into a team hotel day

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

None of this makes sense to me... I’m fine with him wanting a shot, and it makes sense for teams to see if he’s got anything that could be helpful in their pursuit of victories.... but why is the NFL setting it up?

Could be part of the settlement agreement, I suppose. 

• Like (+1) 1

WGR-550 just mentioned this on a news break at the top of the hour.

I think they said something like 13 (?) teams have committed to being there, including New England.

The Bills were not mentioned on the list of interested teams.

Edited by Nextmanup

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Bowing to pressure, the JayZ partnership blowback likely opened their eyes to what the sentiment is for some fans. I'm thinking they figure the calculus is they will lose fans either way, but better to side with the guy who hates law enforcement and compared them to slave patrols than with law enforcement in general.  I'd think they focus grouped it. 

That, plus they’ve learned about modern viral marketing from Nike. What you do is take an unpopular stance, create a tenuous at best correlation to any issue (i.e. I’m not obeying red stop signs because Himalayan farmers are ridiculed for their funny hats), hype it to death, then wait for the clicks to come rolling in. While the majority reaction may be unfavorable, any news is good news and Nike’s stock proved that merely getting mentions outweighs any blowback.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

This is a me issue not a you issue, but the lack of consistency with team names/city names, abbreviating only 'Miami', especially right next to Washington is making me itch.

EDIT - Wait, did you copy/past the rest of the list after Washington?

nope flipping between this board and where I was pulling names from various locations 

43 minutes ago, benderbender said:

That, plus they’ve learned about modern viral marketing from Nike. What you do is take an unpopular stance, create a tenuous at best correlation to any issue (i.e. I’m not obeying red stop signs because Himalayan farmers are ridiculed for their funny hats), hype it to death, then wait for the clicks to come rolling in. While the majority reaction may be unfavorable, any news is good news and Nike’s stock proved that merely getting mentions outweighs any blowback.

I don’t doubt any of that short term. I know I started buying other brands, and my wife felt the same way and buys gifts for me and our son accordingly. It’s actually a bit hard to find stuff I like from other brands because NIKE owns most retail space, but I put more time and effort into it.  Their annoying stance pushed me just hard enough. 

I wonder what the long term consequences are, after the attention is gone, when I and many others have changed their purchasing habits. Serious question there, not taking a stand. I’m curious. 

Edited by Augie

Colin Kaepernick is probably better than Matt Barkley and would be an upgrade at backup QB for most teams, if not at starter.  This should be obvious.

As a staunch liberal and defender of his however, the negative energy in the stands at a home Bills game would not be worth it for me if they were to sign him.  It would bring out so much ugliness and infighting amongst Bills fans that it would be depressing to even be there.  So I am OK with them not expressing any interest.

19 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

From a pure football standpoint, he was terrible the last couple of years in the league.

That's simply not true.

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

To mitigate another potential lawsuit.